Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Swapna HNYour feedback matters!
I am 48 year female. For last few months, I continuous to have mouth ulcers. Is it a sign of some serious problem. What should I do or consult specialist doctor of which field.
I am suffering from the yellow teeth the age of 14. I am very serious about this matter. I had been suffering this from the age of 10. Please doctor help me. Thankyou.
I have too much pain in my teeth lot of blood came out from my mouth last day. What do I do. Please tell me.
Nearly everyone suffers from these mouth ulcers at one time or the other in their lives. Most would also agree that these insignificant looking ulcers can be a cause for a major discomfort. For some individuals, the irritation and pain can be so troublesome that it tends to disrupt their daily life. Pain caused by these ulcers, can at times can be so severe that it can limit their ability to properly speak and eat.
Besides the pain, mouth ulcers have another troublesome feature associated with them- ‘frequent recurrence’. They tend to occur very frequently in some individuals. Many patients complain that even when the first lot of ulcers hasn’t healed, a new set of ulcers are on their way. Mouth ulcers also tend to occur in crops (multiple numbers).Homeopathic treatment of it can be a great help in stopping their recurrence. It can also help during the acute phase in reducing the pain and shortening the duration of ulcers.
What are these mouth ulcers?
These ulcers (often called as apthous ulcers or canker sores) are shallow painful sores inside the mouth. They occur on the inside of lips, the insides of cheeks and the base of gums or under the tongue. They appear as a painful white or yellow ulcer surrounded by a bright red area. On a normal course they start with burning sensation followed by a red spot which then progresses into an ulcer. Pain usually subsides over a week?s period and the final healing takes place within 2-3 days Mild to moderate fever may also accompany them. They are different from fever blisters, which usually occur on the lips and corners of the mouth. Although ulcers in the mouth can be of different types such as cold sores etc., these apthous ulcers are of benign type and do not pose any danger, neither are they contagious in nature. These ulcers are more common in women than men and more often occur between the ages of 10 and 40. If an ulcer persists for more than two weeks please make sure to consult your physician.
What causes these ulcers?
Several factors that seem to trigger outbreaks of these apthous ulcers have been identified. Any one or a combination of them can lead to such ulcers. These factors are emotional stress, deficiencies in diet (Iron, B-12, and folic acid), menstrual periods, oral hygiene, allergy to food substances and trauma sites in mouth (where the tongue or cheek has got bitten). They may occur without any definite cause. It also seems that some have it running in their families. Research suggests that some people may get ulcers due to the usage of products containing SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate).This chemical is found in some toothpastes and mouthwashes.
Homeopathic Treatment of Mouth Ulcers
Homoeopathic Medicines that are often used for treating apthous ulcerations in mouth are Borax, Acid Sulf, Acid Nitric, Merc Sol and Kali Chloride etc
PREVENTION AND MANAGEMENT
Avoid Foods that irritate
Certain foods can irritate your mouth try and avoid them these foods generally include acidic foods, nuts and certain spices.
Don’t Eat and talk at the same time.
This could cause slight trauma to your inner lining of the mouth which could lead to mouth ulcers.
Have a good oral hygiene
Regular flossing and brushing teeth after meals will give you a good oral hygiene thus help in avoiding ulcers..
you can consult me privately for treatment /permanent cure
Dr Rushali Angchekar
vaibhavi homoeo clinic vengurla
How to quit smoking? I have used nicotine chewing gum but it can't helps. I am addict for this from past 7 years and smoke 1 chigrate per day. Whenever I have alone or on the way my mind is pushing me to smoke? Please help me.
My teeth hurt when I have something cold a bit more than usual. Sometimes when I brush I can see blood. What might be the problem?
Is root canal treatment can be done for dead teeth? After root canal, how many days cap can be fixed.
I have white spots on my teeth. I don't have any pain but I don't like the way it makes my teeth look. What are these white spots and is there a cure for this? Please help thank you!
I was playing hockey and I have broken my teeth and now help me how to get treatment for this and from where?
If you want a healthy set of teeth, you must follow healthy lifestyle habits. There are certain habits that you need to follow strictly in order to keep your teeth healthy. Not maintaining proper oral hygiene puts you are at an increased risk of various oral diseases.
The lifestyle habits to maintain healthy teeth are:
- Brush regularly: Brush your teeth at least twice a day or if possible, after every major meal. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles so that you don't injure your gums.
- Flossing: Develop the habit of flossing your teeth on a daily basis, as flossing helps in removing food particles and other foreign substances stuck within the teeth cavity. It also does not allow plaque to accumulate in between your teeth.
- Avoid sugar: Eating foods that contain high amounts of sugar can lead to tooth decay. The bad bacteria that are present in the teeth use the sugar to form acids that erode the enamel of the teeth. Cavities may also develop in your teeth due to increased sugar intake. (Learn more Why You Should Stay Away From Sugar?)
- Visit the dentist: Most people delay their visits with the dentist as much as possible. Oral problems are not shown the level of urgency as compared to other diseases. Visit the dentist on a regular basis as untreated underlying conditions may lead to serious complications.
- Clean your tongue: Once you finish brushing your teeth, don't forget to clean your tongue. This is another aspect of oral health that most people miss out on. Bacteria can accumulate on the tongue leading to bad odor. Scrape your tongue using a cleaner to prevent accumulation of bacteria.
- Avoid smoking: If you are a smoker, then it is time that you quit. Smoking increases the risk of oral cancer and stains the teeth as well. You may also be prone to gum disease if you cannot ditch that cigarette now.
- Diet: Avoid eating junk foods as they are not good for your overall health. Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits as they contain vitamins and minerals that keep your teeth healthy.
- Reduce stress: Excessive stress levels can contribute to various periodontal diseases. Practice relaxation techniques such as meditation to keep your stress levels under control.