Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SwapnaYour feedback matters!
Due to thyroid im getting irregular periods ,my gyno asked me to get the hormonal tests done, is it advisable, wat is this test done for, its quite expensive.
What is the best time for getting pregnancy for a woman after her periods time n how many days after from start period that more chance for getting pregnant.
Not being able to conceive a child can be one of the biggest problems for a woman. Infertility also includes not being able to carry a baby full term. Infertility can have a single cause or can be the result of a combination of factors. In most cases, infertility can be treated but in order to do this, it is essential to first understand the underlying cause of infertility.
Let's take a look at some of the things that could be keeping you from getting pregnant:
- Damaged Fallopian Tubes: Pelvic inflammatory disease can cause inflammation in the fallopian tubes and damage or block them. It can also be the result of a sexually transmitted disease. A blocked fallopian tube will not allow the egg to reach the uterus from the ovaries and hence does not allow you to get pregnant.
- Hormones: Hormonal changes can prevent the ovaries from releasing eggs and can also thicken the lining of the uterus. Excessive stress and a sudden change in weight can disrupt the production of the follicle-stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone leading to irregular or absent periods.
- Cervical and Uterine Trouble: This includes abnormalities like fibroids and polyps in the uterus and abnormally shaped uterus. These fibroids could block the fallopian tubes or interfere with the implantation of the fertilized egg.
- Endometriosis: This is a condition where the endometrial tissue grows outside the uterus. It can affect the functioning of the ovaries, fallopian tubes and uterus thus interfering with your chances of conceiving a baby.
Treatment: Treatment for infertility depends on how long you've been infertile, age, the cause of infertility and your preferences.
Some of the ways it can be treated are:
- Fertility Drugs: Fertility drugs are of many types and are often the first step in treating infertility. If the infertility is caused by ovulation disorders, fertility drugs can help regulate or induce ovulation.
- Surgery: Polyps and fibroids that are preventing pregnancy can be removed surgically to treat infertility triggered by them. It can also be used to treat intrauterine scars.
- Intrauterine Insemination: This involves the placement of healthy sperm cells directly in the uterus and is timed to match the release of eggs from the ovaries. This can be used in combination with fertility drugs.
- Assisted Reproductive: In vitro fertilization (IVF) is the most common assisted reproductive technique. This involves collecting eggs and sperm from the women and man and fertilizing the egg with the sperm cells in a laboratory. This fertilized embryo is then implanted in the uterus.
My Wife cannot consume Baby this makes us Worried, we are married since 9 months, she was pregnant whn we been Physical at time of Engagement & we expected Baby early . I am aware she has jus One Tube . But still is it thing to worry orn there is some way? We hvny good relationship & bounding . But still can you Suggest some Position which makes that thing possible faster or any Kind of Injection or any fair Procedure . Please Suggest .
I am 37yrs, I want to postpone my periods by 10 days. I know tab Primolut N but don't know dose when n how to take it. Please advise?
Is it safe to have unprotected sex immediately after my periods? Also can transfer of semen (from penis) leads to pregnancy when having sex right after periods are over?
Why is my vagina tender? I am experiencing menstrual cramps but I have never had my vagina be tender or have a throbbing sensation in it. What is happening.
I had taken i-pill last month. Now the date of my periods had came. But it doesn't bleeds. Is there any problem.
My lh is 26.47 and fsh 7.07 I am 19 years old. My doc said I have pcos. Can you please explain it to me how based on these levels? Wat is wrong with my hormonal profile. He has started me on krimson 35 but I do not get how it will bring my hormonal profile back to normal. Pleaseeeee helpppppp.
I am 45 year old & have two children. My LMP was on 24 July. & I am pregnancy test positive. Is there any home remedy or medicine to discontinue pregnancy at home. Please advice.
I have miss my period and I have done pregnancy test at my home one line got dark and other was light. I do not want to get pregnant now. Please I want get my period. Which tablet can I take to get my period. Can I take regestrone tablet to get my period.
I had sex with my gf on 26 then she is not getting her periods she is more than 10 days late she had done urine drop test on 3 November and 8 nov. Both the tests are negative why she is not getting her periods also she had sex for first time although we did sex just 1 or 2 days before she gonna be down.
I am trying for pregnancy, but when I did sonography I came to know I am suffering from pcos. Is laproscopy an effective treatment for treating pcos.
Imbalance in the hormones is the primary cause of the polycystic ovarian syndrome. The polycystic ovarian syndrome may result in an enlarged ovary with accumulated fluids. This disorder may lead to various changes in your appearance.
The various symptoms of this disorder are:
- Acne: This disorder may cause or aggravate acne on your skin (learn more about acne problem)
- Abnormal periods: You may face irregularities in your periods as the intervals between periods may extend for more than 35 days or heavy periods.
- Excess androgen: The male hormone known as androgen may increase in the female body which results in facial hair and excessive body hair. It may also cause acne.
- Hair loss: This syndrome may lead to thinning of hair on the scalp and thus, resulting in hair loss (know more Ways to Deal With Hair Loss)
- Enlarged ovaries: The ovaries may be enlarged with various fluid filled sacs.
The various causes of polycystic ovarian syndrome are:
- Low-grade inflammation: The body's immune system produces various substances that fight foreign infections in the body. If you are affected by the polycystic ovarian syndrome, then you are more likely to be affected by inflammation which causes androgen production in the body.
- Heredity: If someone in your family has this disorder then you are more likely to be affected by this disease.
- Insulin: Insulin is a hormone that allows the cells the body to produce energy in the body. You may experience insulin resistance which means energy production in the body may be hampered. It may also lead to increased androgen production which may impair the ovaries’ ovulation ability.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome may lead to various complications in the body:
- Sleep apnea
- Irregular blood pressure
- Type 2 diabetes
- It may increase chances of cardiovascular diseases as it may lead to metabolic syndrome
- It may lead to symptoms of anxiety and depression
- You may experience heavy bleeding in the uterine region
- It may lead to complications in the cholesterol levels in the body