Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Swamy
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SwamyYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor. My daughter is 4 year's old. She didn't eat properly. While Eating food she used to cry. She dont want have any food. So, What should I do?
My daughter is 2 years old she is having stool problem . I have blood test in thyroid report with me t3 167 t4 11.3, tsh 2.20. Is normal or risk in future please say your observations.
Here are some tips and treatments for adenoids
Hi I’m Dr. Vijay Verma. I practice at Three senses ENT Allergy and Dental Clinic. We all know that kids are always suffering from continuous sneezing. There is an obstruction and also discharge and sometimes bleeding from the nose. They have breathing difficulties and I know that in every family kids are suffering from these problems because they are going into daycare and suppose that there are 20 kids and one out of them always has cold. Your kid is always prone but in depth, we ignore these symptoms of ‘Adenoids’.
Adenoids are nothing but just like tonsils but are present behind your nose. When they get enlarged they tend to cause nasal obstruction to the child. This infection always gives rise to continuous nasal irritation. Children tend to sneeze which causes nasal discharge. When these adenoids fall back inside your throat it causes sore throat and causes continuous cough for the child plus when they sleep, they are unable to take proper amounts of oxygen and if that is happening, they cannot grow properly
.And this one thing is always missed, so one should consult an ENT specialist for these problems of Adenoids because after 12 years although they regress in size, the changes which they lead to are permanent. They can protrude the tooth out, so sooner or later you will need to visit your dentist; a lifelong problem. There is also a possible accumulation behind the ear drum so the kid starts to have various problems with listening. All these are associated to Adenoids, so they start in childhood but leave permanent changes. So I would suggest you to visit your doctor as soon as possible if you notice that your child is having continuous sneezing, nasal discharge or sore throat.
For adenoids, there are two types of treatment:
(a) The therapy of Spray or
(b) Surgery, so it depends on the size of the adenoids.
Depending on that, it is medically treated or surgically treated. Usually all of us are scared of surgeries but now the tools have become very safe. It is either done with a microdebrider or a coblator which makes it a bloodless surgery and also one which is not a painful surgery; it would lead to your kids being happy.
I would also advise you to visit me via Lybrate.
My baby is 3 n half months old. I have started weaning him with biscuits. Can anyone please tell me What I can give other than that. N how 2 give it.
My daughter 8 years of age sneezes 10 to 12 times in the morning daily after getting up from bed. Is there any natural or homeopathic remedy for this.
My daughter is 8 years and she has lot of hairs all over the body, please suggest any home remedy for hair removal. Thanks.
While siblings are the force that breathes life into any family structure, it has also been seen as a challenge of sorts to manage siblings and bring out the best in each one of them. In any family unit, there are a number of entities who need to be nurtured in a certain way to ensure that their identities are not hampered by a "one size fits all" style of parenting. Every child is different and will need to be handled differently. Besides this, there are other related challenges that will contribute to the quality of the relationships between the siblings, as well as the rivalry that they may feel towards each other when it comes to attention, achievements and varied other factors.
Read on to know the ten tips to tackle sibling rivalry:
- Make Friends before Birth: encourage your first born to connect even before the birth of the new baby by including him or her in the changes you see and feel. Planning for the new baby with your first born will also help in such cases.
- Staying positive is a big factor that will help the children in feeling confident despite their different qualities and strengths.
- Comparison is a big no no. Stay away from these kind of comparisons so that the children do not feel like they have to fight with each other for your praise.
- Time Sharing: Ensure that you divide your time well and indulge each child in his or her area of interest so that they feel like you are always there for each of them.
- Harmonious Start to the day: this will ensure that the children have a special bond at the end of the day. Make sure that they help each other and divide chores accordingly. The older siblings should be given the care giving tasks while the younger ones should be taught to obey them and play along.
- Humour them: It is a known fact that humour is the best medicine that breaks even the most tension filled atmosphere.
- Family Meetings: Hold family meetings to discuss important things and even intense fights so that everyone's needs and issues are addressed.
- Empathy: Teaching your child to empathize with others will help him or her steer clear of needless rivalry at home too.
- Ignore the Small: Let them figure out the smaller fights, yet always be there to address the bigger issues so that they know you are there for them.
- Equal Treatment: Treating them equally does not mean doing the same thing for each of them. It means giving them equal time and attention with personalized treatment to suit varied temperaments. This will also give them a lot of individual confidence which eventually kills any feelings of rivalry.