Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. SwaminathYour feedback matters!
Comes regular fits / mirgi attacks after every one or two months. My mother age is about 60 years. This epilepsy problem is 45 years old effects head ache, gas problem loud hichki, kabj,sickness. She is thin weight is about 50 kg. Muh se jhhag niklte he, daant / teeth Kas leti he kayi daant toot gaye he. Dora aane par hosh nhi rahta. Khade se gir jaati he. Fire v water pas me hone par jyada aate he. Khana banate huye kayi baat jal burn huyi he. Bhookh nhi lagti. Ab kayi baar se raat me sote samay Dore fits aate he. One year me 6 ya 7 baar fits aate he. Medha vati v homeopathic medicine ka koi fayda nhi Hoya v allopathic medicine head achhe v chakkar SAR bharipan problem ho jaati he medicine. Please give effective best treatment.
I have been suffering from headache since 3 days and unable to concentrate on my studies so please help me out of this.
Social anxiety disorder or social anxiety phobia is characterised by an extreme and often, unrealistic fear of social situations and scenarios. A patient suffering from this condition will usually be ridden with self-confidence and a sense of intense nervousness, as if he or she is being constantly watched and scrutinised. It may be caused by biological, psychological or environmental factors. Let us find out ten ways to getting over the same.
- CBT: CBT or cognitive behavioural therapy is a form of talk therapy that allows a patient to speak with a psychologist or psychiatrist, so as to find out the root cause of the condition. This form of theory helps in arriving at ways of overcoming the feelings of nervousness in social situations.
- Practice going out with smaller groups: It is said that sticking to small and intimate groups can help in overcoming the hesitation and self-esteem issues that many of these patients feel. Once they are comfortable, they can take on larger groups.
- Medication: Antidepressants and beta blockers are sometimes prescribed along with other kinds of medication, for patients who are unable to control their intense anxiety in social situations.
- Face the fear: A little introspection will help you arrive at the reason or root cause of your anxiety. This can help in facing the fears and tackling them. You can talk about these fears with someone.
- Unhelpful thinking: Tackle unhelpful thinking where you imagine people are looking at you in a certain way because they must be judging you. Tell yourself over and over until you believe that it is not true.
- Focus on yourself: The key is to focus on yourself instead of getting hooked on to what others may be thinking about you. This will help in banishing the negative thoughts.
- Be in the present: Practice deep breathing or meditation to bring yourself back to the present every time you begin to think about what people may be thinking about you when you are in a social scenario.
- Lifestyle changes: Drinking less and not smoking at all can also help in the better production of hormones that will help in balanced thinking, especially in anxiety-ridden situations.
- Group therapy: Much like CBT, group therapy gives you space and platform to voice your fears and anxiety. The advantage of this kind of therapy is that you can also hear the stories and fears of other people, which will give you some point of reference when it comes to overcoming your own fears.
- Communication skills: You can go to a counsellor or get soft skills training for better communication skills, which will help you improve your social interactions. This, in turn, will give you much confidence to deal with the world outside. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
I am very happy at my work place and when I go back home I feel depressed and feel unwanted. So I spend more time at my work place. Please advise.
My voice is always not cleared and rough and I also cannot speak loudly, what I can do It's daily problem. Thanks.
Hi my story is since childhood comparison between me and my sister and always make me low. My family n relatives always disrespect me and appreciate didi. My brother tried to exploit me and as I inform at home everyone take side of my brother. I always stay away from relative and friends due to these. I am reserved kind. Due to family pressure I wanted to get marry to rub away. I got engaged and my family members create atmosphere and in pressure my engagement broken. I was depressed after that again I engage n get marry I worked hard and everything in my home after marriage I tried 200 % to make my in-laws and husband happy but it's a joint family and they disrespect me because of different culture I had 2 sister in law's and both are sister they are uneducated and from proper village in-laws demand dowery and husband need my body only. I still tried to survive but it's like hell they want a servent and prostitute. I am separate from my husband 3 years back. After separation when I came back home I was broken my marriage was break .my family members behave I am a unwanted furniture. For my mom brother is everything and my brother insult me in every situation. My sister still want I should go back. I lounge case in court it's only me alone went to court and fight. My husband still go to my relatives place and speak stories to defamation. I start Mba for my piece of mind. I want to run away from all these. I really want a new life with respect. Everything is arranged marriage. But parents didn't check background. Please help
I am a 23 year old boy. I am suffering with severe sneezing, running nose, and my two noses are closing it is only at morning I wake up. I am suffering this for last 5 years when I consult doctor, doctor told me to keep cetrizine with you. At last I consult a ent doctor he told me to have lykast tab [ levocetirizine ] then also it is not been curing completely. By this problem I cannot concentrate in my studies. What I will do for this.
I had developed anxiety disorder coupled with depression during 1999. Consulted psychiatrist and medication was started. Doses were altered from time to time and lastly was put on 1 Clonil 25mg and 1 Lonazep 0.5 mg which is continuing till today. I was keeping well. One day the anxiety cropped-up for no reason during a journey in a luxury bus coupled with heavy sweating and increased palpitation with BP 150/90 with fear that I am on highway and no medical aid was available around. This made me more restless. All this gradually subsided after taking Trika 25mg and started talking to the bus driver and finally settled after reaching in my city. Before this I had constipation for 3 days. The fear of such a situation sat in mind and then onwards every now and then the anxiety develops making me uneasy. Please advise.
The institution of marriage is a herculean task; little does it rest on the sanctified rituals and other vows of commitment. Tying of the knot is perhaps symbolic of the several ups and downs a couple faces together. Marriage is challenging precisely because of the myriad problems it entails. What makes a marriage successful is how two loving individuals face and combat each of these issues.
Let us take a look at the common marital issues:
- Money could grab a place between partners: Monetary problems can come in the way of happy living. Monetary constraints can make partners bicker as they lead to severe tension. If making both ends meet is a constant worry or if one individual earns way less than the other, friction in the marriage is but expected.
- Relatives and in- laws could irk your bond: Officious relatives, in- laws and other apparent well- wishers can do loads to spoil your marriage. They tend to create differences between husband and wife. There are times when they convey lies between the couple. Their unnecessary curiosity can also dampen your bond.
- Domestic responsibilities could also be the issue: Husbands and wives may have arguments and serious fights over issues related to the household; cleaning, washing, buying grocery can trigger disputes within the family. Housework should, therefore, be shared and done by both the partners.
- Decisions with regard to rear up children are often problematic: Married couples can behave in bizarre ways when it comes to taking decisions on behalf of their children. A difference in opinion in decision- making can make partners review their choice of one another. They may even doubt their child's secure future in the hands of their partner.
- Irregular sex can be a threat to emotional intimacy: Marriage endows a couple with so many duties that they may fail to make love that frequently. Lack of sexual intercourse can create marital problems.