Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Suzanne JohnYour feedback matters!
I am from India, Andhra Pradesh State? While reading news paper, water is coming from Eyes. I am using specs since 20 Years. I am 50 Years old. Every year I consult Eye doctor to verify the Eye sight. Why the water comes from eyes and it is disturbing my reading speed. Pl. Suggest me how it can be prevented or reduced,
I am getting my eye sight down day by day even after using glasses. Is there any natural way to fix or recover it. please suggest.
I have pain in my right eye and water comes out if looks at something seriously please suggest me some remedies.
I am 20 year old boy. My eyes is very small. What should I do now. please suggest me some tips for my eyes?
Using contact lens may alter the bacteria in eyes which may explain why contact lens users are more prone to certain eye infections.
The human eye has a normal community of bacteria that helps fight infections but a study found that contact lens usage altered the bacterial population and it more closely resembled those found on eyelid skin rather than typically found in the eyes of non - wearers.
After working 2 to 3 hours on computer my eyes got burning sensation and it become very dry what should I do?
Sir, I am suffering from amblyopia (lazy eye disease) in right eye. There is some cure for this diseases. I had this problem since 6 years. Please help I am very upset. When doctor tell there is no cure of this.
My name is ravi kumar I am 21 years old I work in system more than 12 hours a night coz I am a night shift employee doctor here I place my question in day time I sleep after 12pm some times it may be extended 2 pm but I sleep nearly 5 hours or 6 in day before and after my bet my eyes got burning sensation I did'nt even check a eye specialist I got fear of my eyes burning sensation what must I do please suggest me your kind opinion to get rid of it if I must wear a glass what type of glass should it be and what will be its cost or without wearing glass if this problem can be solved? what must I do doctor thanks in advance.
Sir/Madam, I feel lethargic with no energy and my eyes are always heavy and heart beat increases as I do some even small work. I really feel very bad all the day please help me.
Sir /madam ,as am 21 years old ,i have been stopped watching tv because I can not see it properly ,say me any good treatment that my eyes can properly see like which I was before. Or say any medicine or ointments of eyes etc .plz say me.
My left eye are so redis all time and in day time it looks very red. What csn do doctor? Is it curable?
A cataract usually forms in the eyes due to clouding of the naturally clear lens that coats the eyes.This coating is usually a matter of age advancement or any other injury that the eyes may have sustained. It may also be a birth defect that a baby may be born with. There are various ways to deal with this debilitating condition.
One of the methods of treatment includes cataract surgery. Read on to find out more about this form of treatment:
- Procedure: During this surgery, the ophthalmologist will remove the cloudy lens and clean it before replacing it with a man-made lens.The technique followed for this procedure is known as phacoemulsification which involves a small cut or incision for the cataract surgery. The incision helps the doctor in liquefying and then vacuuming the centre portion of the lens, which is slightly harder than the rest of the lens.
- Device: The doctor will usually administer anaesthesia first and then make the tiny incision on one side of the cornea. Thereafter, an instrument or device will be inserted through this opening to send out ultrasonic vibrations to the eye. These vibrations will help in breaking the lens into tiny pieces. These fragments will be removed with the help of a suction that will go in through the tiny cut. This cut may also be made with the help of a laser beam.
- New Lens: Once the fragments of the old lens have been cleared, the doctor will go about the process of inserting the new man made lens which is usually made up of clear plastic, acrylic or even silicon, and is known as IOL or intraocular lens. This process is generally termed as intraocular lens implantation.
- Improved Vision: With the help of the new lens, the patient will now enjoy better vision and a visible decline in the symptoms of the cataract including problems in night driving.
- Convenient: This procedure usually takes about an hour and is an outpatient procedure. It is a completely safe procedure where numbing drops are placed on the eye so as to reduce any pain significantly. The doctor will usually give you a novocaine injection around the eye. Also, cataracts from both eyes will not be removed on the same day, and the doctor will schedule you for cataract removal from the second eye for another day.
- Aftermath: After the surgery is over, it is normal to feel some amount of irritation in the eye. If this irritation is persistent, you must see a doctor about it.
Painkillers like acetaminophen and ibuprofen can be used to recover from the pain after the surgery. Ask an ophthalmologist about other measures.