Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Suvarna S PatilYour feedback matters!
I don't know it is a very old history I had a physical relation with a girl and in starting I used a condom for several times after that someone told me it's not Good you might get infected so then I started using a Condom for single time after that I have no physical contact with any girl it's been 8 years till today I worry my reports are negative now I want to have safe sex with multiple partners please help.
I have a saggy breast I want that to get back normal. It happened as I needed my 2 babies. Please give me solution for this.
I got yeast infection n doctor prescribed me candy cl tablet is this harmful for conceiving. and can I have sex during using this tablet.
I am 44years old. My periods is normal. Bt since few months it lasts for 4days. Before I had heavy flow. Is it normal?
I am having periods for only 2 days and after that experiencing backache and mild pain in lower abdomen. I got my TSH checked and it was normal. Please suggest.
Iam not getting my periods on time what should I do to have it on time can use refer any home treatment or any medicine to have it on time.
Me and my wife are planning to have a baby from past two months. But she is not able to conceive what is the reason?
I am 28 years old female. My menstrual cycle was regular till last month. And I am trying to get pregnant. But this month I had my period on 18th day. I have it for 2 days as usual. Is it a regular period or just spotting. Is there any chance of getting pregnant this month.
My wife is having dark circles on eyes from starting (from the starting of periods). Pls suggest something for permanent relief. She had taken many medicines but not feel any change till date even after peeling also. Before her first period the circles was very light but turned darker after that and till now. She used to take good diet like fruits and vegetables.
Fast Food, by and large, is detrimental to the health. Multiple studies have shown this in the past decade. It aggravates many diseases and is responsible for medical conditions such as obesity, respiratory problems, cardiovascular diseases and hypertension. Amidst multiple negative qualities, many fast foods are actually not that bad for the body. If taken in right proportions, some of the fast foods mentioned below can be extremely useful for the body.
- Popcorn: Apart from being one of the best accompaniments for movies, popcorns greatly helps in curbing hunger. Home-made popcorns have fewer calories and are a very good antioxidant. The good part about popcorn is the fact that it is not heavy as other fast foods and doesn’t make you feel lethargic. However, it should be ensured that more than one bowl of popcorn is not consumed at a time.
- Baked snacks: Baked snacks are a much-preferred choice in the snacks category these days. Owing to their low fat and carb content, they not only serve as tasty snacks but are good for the overall health as well. The fact that baked snacks are made up of whole wheat, makes it a more attractive offering. Baked snacks, when prepared with a dash of spice, can be a good alternative to other unhealthy snacks in the market.
- Processed Cheese: Processed cheese contains Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA). The latter is found to have anti-carcinogenic properties. A recent study showed that the CLA found in processed cheese is much more than other dairy products. Processed cheese is also a good antioxidant. This being said, too much intake of processed cheese can be harmful to the body.
- Dark chocolate brownie: If dark chocolate is consumed with whole wheat brownie, it acts as a good ingredient for patients suffering from cardiovascular diseases. When consumed with a few nuts, dark chocolate brownie becomes a power house of fibre. People with a sweet tooth can find this preparation a good alternative for other fast food items such as chocolate, ice cream and pastries.
- Chocolate Bars: This is another treat for a person with a sweet tooth. Dark chocolate bars are rich in antioxidants. It brings down blood pressure level and is found to be effective for the heart. This should not be consumed more than 100 grams per day.
- Stout Beer: Dry stout beer with its rich creamy content is as good as a dose of aspirin. This form of liquor improves blood circulation level and reduces the risk of cardiac arrests. One pint of this beer every alternate day will serve the purpose of quenching your alcohol thrust while ensuring that no harm is caused to your health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi i am newly married while having intercourse my wife feels a lot of pain because of this pain we are unable to have sex comfortably is this normal we are married from last 16 days.
Lung cancer is the uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells in one or both lungs. These abnormal cells do not carry out the functions of normal lung cells and do not develop into healthy lung tissue. As they grow, the abnormal cells can form tumors and interfere with the functioning of the lung, which provides oxygen to the body via the blood.
Lung cancer is the most common cause of death due to cancer in both men and women throughout the world. According to the U.S. National Cancer Institute, approximately one out of every 14 men and women in the U.S. is diagnosed with cancer of the lung at some point in their lifetime. Lung cancer is predominantly a disease of the elderly; almost 70% of people diagnosed with lung cancer are over 65 years of age, while less than 3% of lung cancers occur in people under 45 years of age.
What Causes Lung Cancer?
The development of lung cancer is strongly associated with cigarette smoking, approximately 90% of lung cancers are attributable to use of tobacco. Pipe and cigar smoking can also cause lung cancer, but the risk is not as high as with cigarette smoking. Tobacco smoke contains more than 4,000 chemical compounds, many of which are cancer causing (carcinogens). Passive smoking, i.e. the inhalation of tobacco smoke by non-smokers who live or work with smokers, is also an established risk factor for the development of lung cancer.
Genetic susceptibility (i.e. family history) may play a role in the development of lung cancer. Other causes of lung cancer include air pollution (from vehicles, industry, and power generation) and inhalation of asbestos fibres (usually in the workplace).
Lung Cancer Symptoms:
Early symptoms and signs of lung cancer:
There may be no symptoms at the onset of the disease. When present, common symptoms of lung cancer may include:
- Coughing: This includes a persistent cough that doesn't go away or changes to a chronic smoker's cough, such as more coughing or pain.
- Coughing up blood: Coughing up blood or rust-colored sputum (spit or phlegm) should always be discussed with your doctor.
- Breathing Difficulties: Shortness of breath, wheezing or noisy breathing (called stridor) may all be signs of lung cancer.
- Loss of Appetite: Many cancers cause changes in appetite, which may lead to unintended weight loss.
- Fatigue: It is common to feel weak or excessively tired.
- Recurring infections: Recurring infections, like bronchitis or pneumonia, may be one of the signs of lung cancer.
Signs of advanced stages of lung cancer: Advanced stages of lung cancer are often characterized by the spread of cancer to distant sites in the body. This may affect the bones, liver or brain. As other parts of the body are affected, new lung cancer symptoms may develop, including:
- Bone pain
- Swelling of the face, arms or neck
- Headaches, dizziness or limbs that become weak or numb
- Lumps in the neck or collar-bone region
Treatment: Treatment for cancer involves a combination of surgery to remove cancer cells, chemotherapy and radiation therapy to kill cancer cells. Lung cancer is incurable unless complete surgical removal of the tumour cells can be achieved. Surgery is the most effective treatment for lung cancer, but only a few percentage of lung cancers are suitable for surgery i.e. Stage I and II NSCLC and cancer that has not spread beyond the lung.
Radiation therapy may be used for both NSCLC and SCLC and is a good option for people who are not suitable for surgery or who refuse surgery. Chemotherapy is used for both NSCLC and SCLC. Chemotherapy drugs may be given alone or in combination with surgery or radiation therapy. Chemotherapy is the treatment of first choice for SCLC since it has usually spread extensively in the body by the time it has been diagnosed.
Also used in the treatment of lung cancer are targeted therapies. These are drugs (gefitinib and erlotinib) or antibodies (cetuximab, bevacizumab) that block the growth and spread of cancer by interfering with specific molecules involved in tumor growth and progression. They are used in some patients with NSCLC that does not respond to standard chemotherapy.
Dear sir My wife's age is 37 and she is getting menstrual bleeding continued since from 2 months . We have consulted gynaecologist nearby and nobody is clearing her problem . My wife is worried. Scan report is also normal. She is given prescribed to take 1) feraro-fd 2) calday 3) dubix-k 4) comtrix-o 200. So kindly suggest what to do in this case.
Hi sir, my mother is suffering from some uterus problems . After some days later she fall ill and cure . The next day she feels tumors like something in her stomach and their is pain in her stomach where there are tumors please doctor suggest me what should I do!
You might be a fitness freak and love to hit the gym daily but chances are that you are not aware of a few things which you should never do before workout
Never drink alcohol before going to the gym. It can lower blood sugar level which can lead to everything from shakiness and weakness to flat out injury.
In fact, it is advisable not to eat or drink too much water before exercising otherwise you may feel nauseated and end up puking.
Stick with lighter foods like fruits within a couple of hours of your workout. Sex can be detrimental because you are spending a lot of energy
The summer is coming! With all that excitement around getting a new bathing suit and figuring out where your big summer romance is going to happen, we’d like to break in with some beauty tips to help you look your best. It’s time to shake off the chilly spring weather and look forward to some hot fun in the summer sun!
1. Avoid peak hours of sunlight when the temperatures and UV rays are at their highest, normally between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. That's the best time to head inside, get food and water, let your body cool down, and maybe even take a nap.
2. Chew Some Juicy Fruits : "Melons are the perfect hot-weather food.
3. Light-Colored Clothes : The white linen shirt every male movie star wears on the beach isn't just fashionably conscious; it's also intelligent for hot, sunny days. Dark clothing absorbs more heat, and tight clothes don't let sweat — your body's natural cooling system — evaporate.
3. Sunglasses : Sunglasses are chic and functional. They prevent harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays from scorching your corneas and protect your eyes for many more summers to come. Choose sunglasses that block 90 to 100 percent of UV rays.
4. Sunscreen : Nothing knocks good days off a summer calendar like a nasty sunburn. When outdoors, use sunscreen with an SPF rating of at least 15. Use a higher-rated, waterproof sunscreen if you'll be poolside or out on the beach. Don't forget to cover areas that burn easily: nose, ears, shoulders, and back of the neck.
5. Lip Balm : Just like sunscreen protects the rest of your skin, a lip balm with SPF protection blocks out the sun and keeps in moisture for your lips. Perfect for a day on the lake or while you're working on that summer romance.
6. Water : Don't wait until you're thirsty! Drink water throughout the day to prevent dehydration or over exhaustion. Use the color of your urine to guide if you're hydrated enough — the clearer the better.
7. Juice : All natural juice without added sugar not only provides hydration but also important nutrients to keep you active in hot weather. Check the label on the juice bottle and make sure it says “100 percent juice with no sugar added.”
8. Fruits and Vegetables : Fruits and vegetables are easy to digest and often high in water content. Salads and other dishes rich in seasonal produce will keep you feeling light and hydrated.