Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sushmitha Rajesh
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Sushmitha RajeshYour feedback matters!
Lazy eye can develop in children if they have vision problems, squint etc. Children less than 6yrs will not be able to tell you about eye problems. It is very important to have their eyes examined even as early as 3yrs. After the age of 8 or 9 yrs treatment of lazy eye becomes very difficult.
I was having a headache, from last too days, at the centre of my forehead, there is also pain in my eyes while reading, working on computers, tell me what to do?
Sir/mam. My health is good but my face become continuously thin and dull. I have tried so many things for chubby cheeks or for fatty face bt nothing works. It makes me looks older but I am only 20 years old. My eyes having dark circles and puffiness around my eyes. Please suggest me something which makes my face look younger and gain some fat on my face without gaining fat on my body.
During summer you try to take special care about the overall health of your body, particularly, your eyes. Eyes are one of the most important organs of the body, and the scorching summer heat can cause serious eye problems like conjunctivitis, infections, red eye, migraines etc., which is why it's important to take proper care of eyes during the summer season.
Here are some tips to keep your eyes cool and protected during the summer:
- Wearing sunglasses is very important when you are outdoors as it protects your eyes from the harmful UVA and UVB light. This will help in avoiding migraines and even serious conditions like cataract.
- Avoid midday sunshine. Stay indoors as much as possible during the middle of the day to avoid the sunshine then when the effect of the sun and ultraviolet radiation exposure are at their peak.
- When you plan to go for a swim, make sure you wear your swimming goggles. Otherwise you might catch conjunctivitis.
- You should not splash water into the eyes directly unless any foreign particles such as dust enter your eyes. This might damage the tear film of the eye, which protects your eyes.
- You need to maintain proper hygiene by washing your hands and face properly as soon as you reach home so that dust or grime does not enter the eyes as their entry can result in allergies and infections.
- You can keep a slice of cucumber on each of your eyes to relax and cool them down.
- 6 to 8 hours of sleep are a must as they help in revitalizing your eyes.
- Adding green vegetables, carrots, nuts, liver and fruits to your diet would be very beneficial for the health of your eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
1. Every 20 minutes of looking at the screen, look at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds. Also, try to blink a lot.
2. Adjusting settings: Using a larger font to read helps to reduce eye strain. Adjusting your brightness helps, usually brighter screens are better in brighter rooms, dimmer screens are better in dark rooms.
3. Also, try to make your computer screen lower than your eyes. More of your eye is covered by your eyelid when you look down, so there will be more lubrication and you will subconsciously blink more.
4. Eating: A healthy diet prescribed by a registered dietitian will help you select foods rich in vitamin a and other nutrients for a healthy eye.
Do reply back if you need any help regarding foods to chose for your specific ailment.