Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SushmithaYour feedback matters!
Tummy tuck also known as an abdominoplasty, a tummy tuck surgery is a form of cosmetic surgery, which is used to remove excess fat and skin from the abdomen as well as tighten the muscles in your abdominal regions. Similar to 'mommy makeovers' (a procedure applicable after pregnancy, which helps women restore their figure).
Tummy tuck surgery is used to help patients treat that loose and sagging skin who have experienced excessive weight loss within a relatively short period of time. Although, it is usually done for cosmetic reasons, it does provide a large number of medical benefits, such as:
1. Reduction in stress urinary incontinence: Stress Urinary incontinence is a bladder control problem that is characterized by involuntary urination because of exercises or normal bodily functions such as sneezing or coughing which might put pressure on the bladder. In some women, (SUI) can develop after a vaginal birth. The condition does not generally require a surgery. However, research has shown that in severe cases, abdominoplasty is helpful in patients who do not have a caesarean section. A slight bladder obstruction is made during the procedure using soft tissue which reduces the incontinence.
2. Better posture and improved abdominal tone: Strong muscles tend to become weak after multiple pregnancies and extreme weight loss. In these cases, diet and exercise are not enough. Abdominoplasty surgically removes excess fat and skin thereby, tightening weak muscles and flattening the abdomen. It is noticed that after the surgery, the patients develop an improved posture due to the tightened muscles supporting the spine. This helps in relieving a variety of back pains.
3. Correction of ventral hernia: Ventral Hernia is the bulging out of tissues through a defect, opening or past incisions within the wall muscles of the abdomen. In such a case, the surgeon may opt for Abdominoplasty to support the abdominal wall and prevent recurrences. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic-plastic-surgeon and ask a free question.
Coping with haemorrhoids when pregnant
Piles, also known as haemorrhoids, are enlarged and swollen veins in or around the lower rectum and anus. Anyone can get piles – they don't just happen in pregnancy. When you're pregnant, piles can occur because hormones make your veins relax.
Piles may itch, ache or feel sore. You can usually feel the lumpiness of piles around your anus. They may also bleed a little and can make going to the toilet uncomfortable or painful. You may also notice pain when passing a stool (faeces, poo) and a discharge of mucus afterwards. Sometimes, you may feel as though your bowels are still full and need emptying.
Piles usually go away within weeks after the birth.
How to ease piles
Constipation can cause piles. If this is the case, try to keep your stools soft and regular.
You can help to ease piles, and prevent them, by making some changes to your diet and lifestyle, such as:
eating plenty of food that is high in fibre, like wholemeal bread and fruit and vegetables, and drinking plenty of water – this can help to prevent constipation, which can make piles worse, avoiding standing for long periods taking regular exercise to improve your circulation using a cloth wrung out in iced water to ease the pain – hold it gently against the piles if the piles stick out, push them gently back inside using a lubricating jelly avoiding straining to pass a stool, as this may make your piles worse after passing a stool, cleaning your anus with moist toilet paper instead of dry toilet paper patting, rather than rubbing, the area.
There are medicines that can help soothe inflammation around your anus. These treat the symptoms, but not the cause, of piles. Ask your doctor, if he/she can suggest a suitable ointment to help ease the pain. Don't use a cream or medication without checking with them first.
When a woman is expecting her child, she has a lot of responsibilities on her shoulders for the health and well-being of herself and her child. An expectant mother is recommended to follow certain rules and give up certain habits, so that during the pregnancy period she and the unborn child in her womb get all the nutrients for the healthy growth of the baby. There are certain preconception cares that the expecting mother must abide by.
Some of these are explained below:
- Giving up of bad habits: Smoking and drinking are not uncommon habits in today’s world. But when you are pregnant, it is advised that you give up these habits for some time at least. Smoking or inhalation of smoke makes it difficult for the child to breathe inside. Furthermore, if you are into substance abuse, then it is expected that you would give it up as well when you are pregnant.
- Health Supplements: Folic acid is a must during pregnancy. This is why medical practitioners often recommend you to take folic acid pills once a day to keep your immune system strong. It also provides you enough supplements for production of red blood cells and provides for the much needed iron in your body.
- Counselling: Many times people think that counselling is needed by those who are mentally unstable or in need of immediate help. But that is not the case. Counselling is important for every expectant woman. This is primarily to calm you down as you undergo several hormonal changes. Further, if you are pregnant for the first time then it is to guide you about the complications and side effects of pregnancy.
- Proper Immunization: There are a few vaccinations that you need to take when you are expecting. These would help in the proper development of the child, keep you away from severe diseases as well as boost your immune system. Thus, proper and timely vaccinations are a must during your pregnancy period.
Thus, these are some of the tips and rules that a pregnant woman must follow in order to make sure that she and her baby are healthy. These are often advised by the medical practitioner themselves, but on their own as well, woman take care of these points. These are just outlined to make the woman more cautious before the birth of her child. They are good for both the mother and the baby.
I am 21 years female had my regular periods last month but its almost 32 days and I am not having my period. I had my last intercourse 50 days before. L want to know am I pregnant?
My wife is 10 weeks pregnant now. She has lost weight by 2 kgs and she has leg pain to. Is it normal or should we consider a doctor?
I had c sec delivery and I am pregnant again in a year can I have normal delivery now or is there any chance of normal.
I am 26 years 1st time pregnant give me the precautions upto 9 months about food what should I eat and what should not to eat.please advice.
I am . 35 years age. My left side breast feel heavy and some time pain. Where as right side is ok. Which specialist is appropriate for treatment. Even my nipples is odd.
My wife pregnant with 24 weeks 4 days. She s having severe oligohydramnios. During urination she did not find any discharge. Two times admitted for almine added thro vein.
Dear sir/mam, Can I have sex with my wife even of she is pregnant and now she is a 2months odd pregnant playing suggest me up-to how may months we can have sex with each other. She tested pregnancy with home hcg test and it showed two red lines.
Vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin which in total has 8 compounds, of which only one compound is useful to humans. This is also known as alpha-tocopherol and plays a vital role in antioxidation process and is believed to improve the overall ageing process.
Read on to know more about its benefits, functions, and sources.
- Vitamin E that is absorbed by the intestine is transferred to the liver, from where only alpha-tocopherol gets re-released into the system in small amounts. So, if your diet contains the other 7 variants, they are excreted by the liver (not required in humans).
- This active vitamin E controls the oxidation process in cells and prevents the release of free radicals, which is the culprit in all inflammatory processes. These can cause heart disease, diabetes, cancer, and stroke. This process is also accelerated by the environmental factors like pollution, UV rays, smoking, etc.
- Vitamin E is also shown to dilate blood vessels and prevent platelet clogging.
- Vitamin E is useful in preventing and treating diabetes and its related complications. Of note, diabetes is also considered as a chronic inflammatory process.
- The nervous system diseases including Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and epilepsy can benefit from Vitamin E. It reduces overall cognitive declines and helps in these disease conditions
- Women are particularly benefitted from vitamin E, including premenstrual cramps, painful periods, hot flashes with breast cancer, eclampsia during pregnancy, and pregnancy complications
- Given their role in energy formation, they help improve endurance, energy levels, and improv muscle strength and reduce muscle damage.
- The antioxidant effect is useful in reversing ageing skin changes including wrinkles and fine lines. Vitamin E is used widely in skin care products including creams and lotions and helps in regeneration of skin and tissue.
- It is useful to control hair loss, which could be due to multiple reasons, including chemotherapy or side effect of drugs.
- It is useful in treating allergies, asthma, respiratory infections, and skin allergies.
- Eye diseases like cataracts and macular degeneration which are generally age-related can be controlled with adequate intake of vitamin E.
- Taken with other antioxidants like niacin, it is helpful in controlling the buildup of cholesterol.
Natural food sources contain enough amounts of this vitamin to meet normal daily requirements, and so consume the following.
- Green leafy vegetables, legumes, and vegetable oils
- Whole grains and fortified cereals
- Fruits and nuts and seeds
- Seafood, poultry, and meat
- Dairy products including fat-free or low-fat milk
Given its wide availability, deficiency is rare, but supplements may be required for premature babies with low-weight and in people with some genetic disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Not having much interest in sex. How can we increase her urge for sex, this is happening since many years and ruins our life.
I am 30 years old and have PCOS since 2013 and I got married 1 year back due to some personal reason don't want baby at present. We are thinking by next year or so. Is there will be problem in conceiving that time. I am worried please help.
Dear sir, Me and my girlfriend had unsafe sex almost 10 days prior this date. She took i-pill just after the day we had last sex but she haven't got her periods yet Though her date normally starts in middle of the month. How can we know whether she is pregnant or not or is their anything we could do o eliminate the chance of pregnancy after almost two week of sex.
Ayurveda 's Vagbhatta has described to avoid some foods which should not be taken in combination with each other. Some examples of food combos to be avoided:
- Green leafy vegetables and drinking of milk.
- Meat of animals and honey, black gram, jaggery etc.
- Milk and sour substances
- Milk and fish
- Cooked honey is not compatible
- Curd at night
- Drinking of cold water after hot tea, coffee or hot food intake.
- Bronze vessel clarified butter kept more than a week should not be heated for consumption.
- Honey, ghee, oils, fats, bone marrow etc in combo.
- Milk, banana, fruit salad are not compatible as per Ayurveda.
EFFECTS OF CONSUMING VIRUDH AHARA:
Allergic disorders, Digestive disorders, Mandagni (chronic digestive fire weakness), skin disorders, epilepsy, infertility, insanity, Irrirable Bowel Syndrome, psychosomatic ailments, ascites are some of the possibilities of constant incompatible food intake.