Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Sushmita KYour feedback matters!
Sir/ madam I want to know whether inserting penis with condom in vagina in4 months of pregnancy is safe. Can we have sex please suggest me.
I have thalassemia trait. Married for 2 years, I am now planning for baby. Is it going to affect my pregnancy and d baby?
Hi, I am female 23 years old, suffering from bone TB and at present she is pregnant. Her weight is 35 kg and body structure is very lean and skinny. Although its first month after testing via prega news kit, I need help in regards that shall we go for baby. As her bone TB course duration is 1.5 years and she had completed only 6 months. Beside her health is not good but she wants baby and just because of her poor health I am afraid of any miss happening towards the life of baby and my wife. Please guide me.
She was doubt in unprotected sex her last date was 11 may now her menses is not occur if she pregnant.
Sometimes, the joint that connects the big toe to the feet may develop an unnatural hump. This condition is known as bunions. Sometimes, it may so happen that the big toe move towards the other toes, pushing the base of the toe outward, leading to the development of bunions. There are ways, by which you treat bunions. Some of them are-
- Medication: Visiting a doctor is the most prudent step to take in case you are suffering from bunions. The inflammation and the swelling that accompany bunions can be initially treated by medicines and pain relievers.
- Heating pad: Heating pad generally treats and manages pain by applying heat on the affected areas. In the case of bunions, heating pad has emerged as an effective way to deal with bunions.
- Ice pack: Working on a principle, which is the very reverse of heating pad, ice packs uses refrigerant gel or cold water to treat injuries.
- Wearing the shoe of the right size: Bunions are generally the result of wearing ill-fitting shoes. Therefore, one of the easiest way to deal with it would probably be wearing the right size.
- Bunion pads: At the initial stages, a bunion can be treated by wearing a bunion pad. This will help to realign the toe that had deviated as well as reduce the ensuing pain.
- Foot exercises: Exercises have always proved to be an efficient way in dealing with various physical deformities, and a bunion is no different. Few foot exercises can work wonders in treating bunions.
- Surgery: This is used in the case of extreme situations. When the condition persists, then the intervention of a surgery becomes important to realign the affected toe.
Dr, I am 21 years old. I have a relation with a girl. We had oral sex last time. After that I came to know that she had a past affair with a young man who also did oral sex with her. But not any other intercourse. He is addicted to drinks, pan masalas and lives a dirty life. So my doubt is that is there any chance for aids to me or my girlfriend. She said they had oral sex before 8 months and we had this before 3 months. Doctor please advice me. If there is a chance when we have to make a check up?
Hello Doctor I want to ask that i have got married since was on 10th december 2013 and still now we dont want to get chance around more 2 years is it possible or it may be harmful.Pls give your result about this.I have also white discharge problem but i have took the treatment for this now there is too much improvement in the discharge problem.
I m 22year old my wt is 50kg. I always suffers from white bleeding before my date due to this my period not come regularly missing sometime and due to this I have many blocked on my face what can ido please help.
Massage near breast can help the breast cancer patient or not. I read it will help on internet but I am confused.
Vaginal itching is a condition which occurs when the vagina comes in contact with irritants or because of a vaginal infection. Menopause may also lead to conditions that trigger itching in the vagina. In some cases, sexually transmitted diseases and skin allergies also lead to vaginal itching. The conditions in itself is not a major cause of concern, however, one should consult a doctor to treat the underlying condition, if any.
The main component of vaginal itching is the trigger, as there can be many of them. The various causes of vaginal itching are-
Irritants: Vaginal contact with certain irritants can be the cause behind vaginal itching. Some common substances that irritate the vagina are:
Skin Problems: Certain skin problems such as eczema and psoriasis can result in itching and redness in the genitals. Eczema is a condition which is akin to allergies. Psoriasis is a condition which is characterized by itchy, scaly and red patches on the skin. These symptoms may slowly start spreading to the vagina.
Infections in the Vagina: Infections in the vagina such as bacterial vaginosis and yeast infection can lead to vaginal itching. In addition to the vaginal itching, they can also lead to a foul smelling discharge from the vagina.
Menopause: During menopause, the estrogen levels in the body dip, thus resulting in a dry vagina. A dry vagina can sometimes lead to vaginal itching.
Stress: Excessive stress can lead to vaginal itching as stress affects the immune system in the body. A weakened immune system makes one prone to a number of disorders, vaginal itching being one of them.
Sexually Transmitted Diseases: STDs such as gonorrhea and chlamydia are disorders, symptoms of which include itching in the vagina.
The treatment for vaginal itching begins with a diagnosis of the underlying condition that might be causing it in the first place. The treatment for this disorder is cause specific; hence the underlying condition needs to be identified. Antibiotics and antifungal medications may be administered to treat vaginal itching. For menopause related causes, estrogen creams or tablets are required.
You can also take preventive measures such as:
Avoid using scented soaps.
Use protection during sex.
Wear cotton based underwear.
Eat plenty of yoghurt.
Dronis r 20 mg kab se start krni h and kab tak leni hoti h and isk khatam hite hi second pack kb start krna h. Or isk side effects kya h. Irregular periods and pcod k liye mujhe Dr. and suggest ki h.
I have got married for last one year and nw we are planning for a baby so for that can we do daily sex and from last three four days m inserting my sperms but still no result how much time we can leave sperm inside vagina.
I am a 32 years old married women and i suffer from irregular periods my doctor has prescribed Novelon tablets and sysron n tablets and i am having it for the past three months last sunday i vomited twice and started feeling giddy and went to a doctor who said that my blood pressure had slightly shot up and prescribed stemetil md but yeasterday when i got my blood pressure measured it was 150/70 when i contacted my doctor he told me to continue with stemetil md help i never had this pressure problem is it the side effect of novelon? kindly advise
You means newly married couples who don't want baby in first 3yr. What precautions mostly couple follow condoms or I-pills. As there are no other way to prevent 100% pregnancy. How much it is possible to prevent pregnancy by ejaculate out side vagina while having sex.
I am 31 trying to conceive since 5 years. AMH Level 1.51. All other tests normal? What should we do.
When it comes to being fit, soldiers set the best examples. There are so many habits followed by soldiers that can be incorporated in our daily lives like waking up on time, following a proper meal routine and getting enough physical exercise. We must also try and eliminate all the ‘bad habits’ like mindless snacking, poor eating habits and a sedentary life. These are the habits that will not keep us fit, but also help us lead a healthy lifestyle. Here are 15 habits that you could imbibe to stay fit like a soldier. Start the day early like a soldier, as their day begins at dawn and it will surely, give you more time to get things done and takes away the excuse of not having enough time to exercise.
- Start the day early: A soldier’s day begins at dawn. Starting your day early will give you more time to get things done and takes away the excuse of not having enough time to exercise.
- Maintain a daily schedule: Set a time to wake up, eat, work, exercise, sleep and follow it diligently. This helps you stay physically and mentally fit.
- Don’t skip breakfast: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Eat a proper breakfast that will give you enough energy to get through the day.
- Eat on time: Don’t delay a meal and maintain regular intervals between each meal. This helps stabilise your metabolism and keeps you from unnecessary weight gain.
- Eat a balanced diet: Skipping out on carbs may help you lose a little weight temporarily but will not keep you healthy. Eat a balanced diet of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, proteins and milk.
- Spend time outdoors: If you can’t exercise outdoors, walk to and from office or while grocery shopping to give yourself a chance to breathe in the open.
- Avoid junk food: Avoid all kinds of processed foods. These foods that very low nutritional value but high fat content. Instead snack on fruits or nuts between meals.
- Limit alcohol intake: Alcohol not only harms your body but can interfere with your schedule as well. Excessive drinking can keep you from waking up early the next day and throw your entire day off schedule.
- Get adequate sleep: You should ideally get 8 hours of sleep so if you’re going to wake up early, go to bed early as well. Drinking a warm glass or milk or chamomile tea can help you get a restful sleep.
- Make exercise a part of your daily schedule: Along with work, exercise needs to be made a priority as well. The best time to exercise is early in the morning before starting with the day’s work.
- Mix it up: Make exercise fun by mixing up your exercise routines. If you go for a run on one day, go swimming the next or hit the gym.
- Drink plenty of water: Stay hydrated to ensure that your body can absorb nutrients well and to optimise your circulatory system.
- Play a sport: Playing a sport is not only a way to exercise but also boosts your mental health.
- Surround yourself with people who support you: Avoid negative people and keep company with those who live a healthy lifestyle themselves to keep yourself motivated.
- Never give up: Just because you don’t have the stamina to run 10km on the first day, doesn’t mean you should give up on it. Persevere and have patience with yourself and you will be able to overcome all the obstacles before you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.