Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sushma Yadav
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Rashes
Treatment of Baldness
Treatment of Vitiligo
Treatment of Ichthyosis Vulgaris
Laser Hair Removal
Treatment of Open Pores
Treatment of Fungal Infection
Treatment of Psoriasis
Treatment of Skin Infections
Treatment of Blackheads
Treatment of Moles
Submit a review for Dr. Sushma YadavYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
The symptoms were severe and unmanageable, as I was suffering from hair fall, but Dr Sushma Yadav was able to handle it. She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. The hair growth treatment benefitted me to great extent. The entire Skinology Centre was spotlessly, clean. Skinology Centre had all the amenities, a patient requires.Her guidance has helped me immensely and has helped gain confidence. Dr Sushma Yadav doesn't just randomly prescribes medicines, but first properly diagnoses the problem.
I searched Dr Sushma Yadav online and saw her reviews. With the help of her treatment for pimples I am feeling so great. she has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes her reference. All the staff members were very helpful. The Skinology Centre is decorated very nicely and doesn't look like a hospital. Never once that I felt that she is getting impatient, rather she has always responded to my each and every doubt with immense patience.
I was having this hair fall issue, but the symptoms were not very visible. I am so thankful to Dr Sushma Yadav has given me the best advice and I am now finally able to get back to my normal self. As someone I knew, consulted Dr Sushma Yadav and they referred us. She has a broad knowledge in the field of Dermatology. All the staff members were very helpful. His hair transplant suggestion me benefitted me alot . I thank her for the suggestion.
It was getting very difficult for me to cope us with my Dark Skin issue. I have consulted so many doctors , but no one was able to solve my problem. Many people gave very positive feedback for therdrSushma Yadav. Even though the problem was not so big, but still the otherdoctors were not able to treat it. The I consulted her. I am amazing post the treatment and for that she is the reason.
Her treatment suited me the best and now I am fine. I am really grateful as her laser hair treatment has give me a ray of hope. So many doctors I consulted, but her treatment was the best. Hygiene is very important, and I must Skinology Centre was extremely clean. Sushma Yadav doesn't just randomly prescribes medicines, but first properly diagnoses the problem.
Many people gave very positive feedback for dr Sushma Yadav and i reffered her for my problem of acne and pimple as it was growing rapidly and something had to be done. I am so happy with the results of my acne, that I will surely recommend her anyone gladly. Her clinic is Skinology Centre in Banglore
Dr. Sushma Yadav provides answers that are very helpful, caring, professional, thorough and knowledgeable. Thank you for your guidance, doctor. I tried to search and came across the same solution that I'd used, viz. Duofilm. Have a pleasant evening ahead. Regards.
I thank Dr Sushma Yadav for treating my hair loss issue. She found out the root cause with the blood tests she recommended and also gave the traetment. I am happy that I visited her for the hairloss issue. I owe her a big thank for helping me resolve the issue.
I was suffering from Female hair loss issue. I consulted one of the famous dermatologist in Bangalore, Dr Sushma Yadav. She is very experienced and knowledgeable doctor and I am very much benefitted with the treatment she gave.
dr Sushma Yadav suggested me an acne treatment because of my growing acne problem. I went to her clinic at Skinology Centre in Bangalore and got the treatment done. The doctor is very intelligent and friendly.
dr Sushma Yadav is one of the best dermatologists i’ve ever come across. She is one of a kind. She made my acne scars go away in no time. She is available at Skinology Centre in Bangalore.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sushma Yadav to be very helpful. Very useful in day to day life
Dr. Sushma Yadav provides answers that are very helpful. But mam use karna hai ya nahi....
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sushma Yadav to be very helpful. Thanksssss
Dr. Sushma Yadav provides answers that are helped me improve my health. Thanks
Dr. Sushma Yadav provides answers that are very helpful. Very much
Shingles is a type of skin infection that results in rashes on certain parts of the body. It is characterized by a single stripe of blisters that may occur on either side of the body. The varicella-zoster virus that causes chickenpox is also responsible for causing shingles. Once you have had chickenpox, the virus remains in a dormant state in the body. If the virus gets reactivated, it might cause shingles.
The symptoms of shingles are:
- You may experience sensations of numbness and burning on the affected area
- The affected area may be sensitive to touch
- Symptoms of red rashes on the body
- Blisters that are filled with fluid
- Bursting of blisters and crusting
- You may experience fever and headaches
- You may have difficulties in vision
The first symptom of shingles is the pain that results from the rash. In some cases, rashes may occur around the eyes.
Shingles is caused by the virus that is responsible for chickenpox. After lying dormant for certain period of time, the virus may get reactivated and travel through the nerve pathways on the skin. This is more likely to happen if your immunity level is somehow affected, which makes it easier for the body to get infected.
The disease is contagious in nature, so it is advised to stay away from people who have shingles. Remember that if you are not immune to chickenpox, then coming in contact with a person who has shingles, might result in you developing chickenpox.
Shingles may result in certain complications in the body such as:
- Vision loss: Shingles, if present around the eyes, may lead to infections in the eye causing vision problems.
- Post herpetic neuralgia: In some cases, the pain that occurs from shingles may continue well after the infection has subsided.
- Neurological complications: Shingles may cause inflammation in various nerves, resulting in neurological disorders such as facial paralysis and balance problems.
- Infections in the skin: Shingles may also cause infections on the skin.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
For must of us managing frizzy hair is a nightmare, but with these simple home remedies you can maintain them with great ease (learn more To Maintain Good Hair Health).
- Hot Oil Massage: While relieving you of stress, it nourishes your hair and incites hair regeneration. Mix more than two kinds of oil and warm the mixture over indirect heat. Hot oil should be massaged gently into your scalp. Hot oil is easily absorbed into the pores of the scalp thus giving you strong and moisturized hair. People having curly hair are advised to use jojoba oil to repair damaged hair follicles.
- Add honey to lemon juice: Applying honey and lemon to your hair makes those locks very rich in minerals and vitamins. While honey rids you of dryness, lemon fights dandruff (lear more about dandruff problem). Let the pack remain for over an hour to experience desired results.
- Eggs are good: It is rather boring to use olive oil all by itself. Try out the wonderful effects of olive oil when used in combination with eggs. Eggs provide your scalp with protein. It has been an age-old home remedy for treating frizz. Eggs act as natural cleansers while enriching your scalp with healthy fats and nutrients. You may also use egg whites if your scalp suffers from any kind of bacterial infection.
- Coconut Milk: Coconut milk should be massaged on the hair roots and left overnight. It is important to heat coconut milk prior to its application. Cover your hair with a towel or a piece of cloth to retain the warmth throughout the night. If you wish to bid farewell to frizzy hair you must exploit the benefits of this remedy once every week.
- Rinse with carbonated water: Running water can be very harsh on your hair. It contains more impurities than you expect. To avert the harmful effects of iron present in plain water, you might use carbonated water as a rinse. Carbonated water treats frizz especially in humid weather conditions.
- Make an avocado pack: An avocado pack is perhaps the best natural conditioner. After you wash your hair mash an avocado and mix it with a spoonful of olive oil. Leave the concoction on wet hair for around thirty minutes. The mix can now be washed off using any mild conditioner. Avocado can change the texture of your hair for the better.
- Mayonnaise adds luster: While enjoying that huge burger, you have always wanted some more mayonnaise to satisfy your gustatory desires. You surely never thought of it as a solution to frizzy hair. Mayonnaise when used along with almond oil can treat dullness. Mayonnaise controls hair damage and is also known to cure split ends.
- Virgin Coconut Oil: Every other person is aware of the gains of coconut oil. Virgin coconut oil provides nourishment to your rough hair. It lives up to its claims of purity. To better the results, a person might add coconut oil to vitamin E oil. Applying this mix thrice a week can solve your problems regarding frizzy hair. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Acne results from overactive sebaceous glands that produce excess sebum, which clogs pores and results in inflammation. This condition is quite common among women once they reach their puberty. Acne might leave behind scars on the spots, making it worrisome for the sufferer because of cosmetic reasons.
There are various treatments that you may adopt to get rid of acne scars:
- Laser and filler treatments: Laser treatments for acne scars uses a technique called laser skin resurfacing, which increases collagen (the skin’s building blocks) production and balances out the skin. Collagen is a skin protein that helps in covering up the acne scars. Another treatment known as ‘ablative laser’ facilitates new skin production by vaporizing the scars. Filler injections help in removing deep recesses left by acne.
- Avoid sun exposure: Continuous exposure to the sun will slow down the healing process. The rays of the sun bring about chemical changes in the body that aggravate the condition. Use a sunscreen that has a SPF count (sun protection factor) of 30 or more. Avoid being in the sun for long hours as it can lead to serious complications, even skin cancer.
- Don’t squeeze your pimples: Picking and squeezing your troubled spots can cause further damage and inflammation. It can cause the bacteria to penetrate deeper into the skin and cause damage to the collagen. The scars occur due to damage to collagen structure of the skin.
- Have a little patience: You need to be patient to allow the scars to heal. After a breakout, blood vessels supply nutrients that provide nourishment to the skin. With time, collagen starts to form and evens out the problematic areas of the skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
Rosacea is a skin condition that is characterized by redness and the appearance of pus filled red patches on the face. Small bumps that are red in color and filled with pus may also be present on the skin. This condition can last from a few weeks to a few months. However, because of its appearance, this condition may be mistaken for acne or other allergic reactions.
It mostly affects women who are middle aged or have a fairer skin tone. This disorder does not have a cure but treatments can help in limiting the symptoms of rosacea.
The symptoms of rosacea are:
- Swollen red bumps: Bumps that look like pimple and contain pus can develop on the skin; the skin tends to feel tender and hot.
- Facial redness: Facial redness is caused by swelling of blood vessels on your cheeks and nose.
- Problems in the eye: This disorder may lead to problems in the eye such as irritation, dryness and swelling in the eyelids.
- Enlarged nose: The skin on your nose may become thick and swollen, making it look enlarged.
Causes of rosacea:
There is no exact known cause of rosacea. Contrary to popular belief, poor hygiene does not cause rosacea. There are certain factors that trigger increased blood flow to the skin, them being:
- Environmental factors
- Spicy foods
- Various medications that dilate the vessels that carry blood
- Chemicals present in cosmetics
Treatment options available for rosacea are:
- Oral antibiotics: Antibiotics are used to fight bacteria and reduce inflammation resulting from rosacea.
- Medications that reduce redness: Certain medications which come in the form of gels, when applied on the affected area, help in constricting blood vessels thus reducing the redness.
There are certain measures that you can take to prevent rosacea, some of them are:
- Use sunscreen: Use a sunscreen to prevent damage from sun exposure, make sure the sunscreen has a SPF count of 25 or more. However, the SPF measure should be determined by your skin texture.
- Use gentle products on your skin: Use a mild cleanser to clean your skin and make sure to moisturize on a daily basis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Unwanted hair is a major issue for many young people. Shaving or waxing the hair is tedious process, and can also be painful at times. Due to its many benefits, laser hair removal has become very popular amongst youngsters. In many cases, after three to eight sessions, permanent hair loss is observed. Recent years have seen an increase in the number of laser hair removal procedures performed.
What is the theory behind laser hair removal?
Laser technology is based on highly concentrated rays. These rays are concentrated on a specific part of your skin from where you wish to remove the hair. The highly concentrated light is directed to particular hair follicles in order to remove them. Although, permanent results or results that last a lifetime are never guaranteed, cases have been observed wherein after a few sessions, complete hair loss is observed.
Many types of laser removal procedures are available, among these, Neodymium YAG, diode, alexandrite, and intense pulsed light sources are well known.
Why should you choose laser hair removal?
Unwanted hair on your face, underarms, legs, arms or any other area can be easily removed using this procedure. Laser hair removal procedures offer you with a healthy and smooth skin free of unwanted hair. The laser used for hair removal target dark and bristly hairs without damaging the surrounding areas. Known for its speed, laser hair procedure has the ability to treat small areas in approximately one minute and less. These small areas include the upper lip region.
How long does it take?
Laser removal method is performed by skilled doctors. The doctors need to decide how many days and sittings will it take to get the procedure done depending upon the growth of hair in that specific area and also how much area of your skin is to be covered. Once the procedure is done, one may need to get it done in few years again depending upon the regrowth of hair on his/her body.
Difficulties of laser hair removal procedure:
- Laser hair procedures can at times cause hyper pigmentation of skin or darkening of skin. It can also cause hypo pigmentation, which causes lightening of skin colour at certain regions.
- Some people experience itchiness after the procedure has been completed.
- A major disadvantage of this treatment is that it can be quite expensive and unaffordable for the common people.
- It may leave scars or skin infections if not done by skilled or accomplished doctors.
Laser hair treatment is effective and comparatively more efficient on people who have light skin and dark hair. Generally, laser hair surgeries are done to remove unwanted hair on back, face, chest, neck, bikini area, shoulders, upper lip, chin etc. For successful results, one should get this procedure performed from a skilled doctor. If not done properly, it will leave marks/scars and damage your body.
Pyoderma gangrenosum is an uncommon medical condition that results in skin ulcers. It can affect both men and women irrespective of their age, but is commonly seen in people above fifty years of age. Pyoderma gangrenosum is auto inflammatory and autoimmune in nature, generally affecting your legs.
Though the exact cause of pyoderma gangrenosum is unknown, yet there are certain conditions that can trigger its development on your skin.
Causes are mentioned as follows:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Crohn's disease (a disease related to your digestive tract)
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Blood cancer
- Cut or skin injuries
- Ulcerative colitis( a digestive tract disorder)
- Myeloid metaplasia( anemia with white and red immature cells in circulation)
- Myelogenous leukemia ( a type of cancer affecting growth of immature blood cells)
- Liver inflammation or hepatitis.
- Damaged skin
Pyoderma gangrenosum may initially appear to look like an insect bite. But there are other symptoms that can help you to identify and distinguish it from an insect bite.
The common symptoms are as follows:
- Painful sores
- It may start as small pimples
- Reddish or purple lumps or blisters
- Sometimes the bumps may be pus-filled also
Pyoderma gangrenosum can spread very rapidly and cause skin ulcers to become severe. So it must be treated as soon as diagnosed.
Some of the treatment methods are mentioned below:
- Use of anti-inflammatory ointments.
- Administering corticosteroid drugs through injection.
- Pain relief medicines.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Dandruff is a chronic disorder, which significantly affects the scalp region and is characterized by the appearance of minute white flakes on the scalp. Although dandruff does not cause serious problems, recurrent appearances of dandruff can be embarrassing for the concerned person.
If you spot numerous white flakes repeatedly on the shoulders or on the shoulder region of your shirt and experience severe itching around the scalp, particularly during weather changes, it is likely that you are suffering from dandruff.
Dandruff might develop due to a lack of proper hair care, side-effects of certain shampoos or hair care products, seborrheic dermatitis (characterized by scaly red coloured patches on one’s scalp), dry or oily skin, eczema, excessive stress, hormonal changes, side effects of serious diseases such as HIV or Parkinson’s disease (a disease of the nervous system that impairs human body mobility) and also cold weather conditions.
Prevention and treatment
You can control dandruff by applying any of the following treatments:
- Therapy involving peeling and subsequent strengthening of the scalp might help in the complete elimination of dandruff. The therapy is developed with the help of highly operative anti-fungal ingredients which sanitize the scalp and regulate the growth of the fungi ‘Malassezia’ to a normal level. This helps in the elimination of the intense itchy sensations and the minute white flakes around the region of the scalp. The therapy also aims to provide adequate nourishment to the hair. This therapy helps in the flattening of the dandruff affected hair strands along with the subsequent reinforcement and protection of the hair follicles. If the dandruff is caused due to an oily scalp, this therapy might be useful in the regulation of the unnecessary and excess oil level.
- In order to treat dandruff, a therapy aimed at the purification and balancing of the scalp might be helpful. This treatment incorporates a mixture of natural oils which help in the subsequent nourishment of the scalp; the therapy helps your hair to regain its lost vigor.
Along with the aforementioned therapies, you can also use certain products which might help as well:
1. Anti-dandruff lotions contain a healthy amount of effective ingredients which aim at the removal of the itchy sensation on the scalp along with the subsequent elimination of dandruff.
2. You can also use anti-dandruff shampoos on a regular basis which help to remove dandruff and strengthen the scalp. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Freckles are those flat and tanned circular spots which are normally the size of the head of nail. There can be numerous spots and may develop on the areas that are repeatedly exposed to sunlight. People with a fair complexion on the upper portions of the body are more prone to develop freckles on areas like the nose, arms, cheeks and upper shoulders. Infants too can also be affected by this skin condition.
What causes freckles?
Normally, freckles are uniform in colour though they may vary among different people. Some people may have reddish yellow patches on the skin while others may develop a tan or bright yellow or black and typically darker than the color of the surrounding skin. Sun exposure is the primary cause behind freckles and thus, the condition worsens right after you are exposed to sunlight. These patches get lightened during winter months and are also caused due to a splurge in the amount of melanin pigment and not due to any sort of increase in the number of pigment producing cells called melanocytes.
Probable ways of preventing freckles
There are several safe and preventive methods of lightening and reducing freckles and in most cases multiple treatments are combined to get the best results. It is important to remember that the condition of the freckles is not always alleviated with treatments and it may recur with repeated exposure to the sun. Therefore, it is best to prevent them from the very before they develop instead of seek for some cure when they arrive.
- Apply sunscreen: You are advised to apply sunscreen every time you go out in the sun. It is important to check whether your sunscreen offers blockage from both the UVA and UVB rays. You will have to reapply the sunscreen after every two hours under normal conditions and also after sweating and swimming.
- Wear a hat while going out: Get a hold of a good quality hat that doesn’t have a weave or mesh through which light may enter. It will offer you shade and protection against the sun at all places. In case it is possible, you must avoid going out in the sun from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. as the sunrays are most intense during this time.
In case you are already affected with freckles, you must stay away from tanning beds and check your medications, as there are some medicines like birth control pills and certain antibiotics which may further aggravate the condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
An eye stye develops when a specific oil gland at the edge of an eyelid gets infected. A stye looks like a pimple in appearance and may occur either outside or the inside of an eyelid.
Here are several facts you should know about eye styes:
- Pain, redness and tenderness are the first signs: After these symptoms are observed, a small pimple develops in the affected area and swells up the eyes. In some cases, only the immediate area is affected while in other cases, the entire eye gets swollen.
- Styes do not cause problems with vision: Vision is not affected by eye styes much and both near vision and far vision will remain unaffected.
- Staphylococcal bacteria causes an eye stye: This specific bacteria is usually found in the nose which makes it easy to transfer to the eyes when you rub your nose (read more about Allergic Issues of the Nose) and then the eyes.
- Styes are contagious: Every human contains this bacteria in their body, which cause styes and any person of any age can develop an eye stye. Eye styes are contagious in nature and can spread from person to person. You must keep your eyes and hands very clean and must not share pillows, bed sheets or towels.
- Most eye styes heal on their own: Most styes heal on their own within a few days. Applying hot compress for fifteen minutes, three to four times a day, can help you get relief from an eye stye. This process, continued over a long time will cause the stye to rupture, drain and heal on its own.
- Do not pop an eye stye: People have the habit of popping pimples (know more about the Home Remedies to Get Rid of Pimples) with their fingers, but it is advised not to do that in case of eye styes. You must allow the stye to heal on its own.
A stye occurring inside the eyelid is called an internal hordeolum and might not rupture or heal on its own. This type of stye is serious and requires medical attention, the doctor will surgically open it up and drain it. You will be prescribed antibiotic ointments in case of recurring styes. Pre moistened eyelid cleansing pads can also be used to maintain hygiene and avoid blepharitis.
Eye stye can occur due to other eye issues: Other conditions of the eyes can also cause eye styes. The affected area undergoes frequent watering, light sensitivity gets increased and the person may feel something is stuck in their eye. An eye stye causes infection of the eyelids and affects the entire eye. Although they are not very serious and in most cases heal on their own, proper care, and precautions should be taken for eye styes. If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a specilized opthamologist.
Creams and lotions alone cannot give you flawless skin. For your skin to glow, pay attention to what you eat. Your skin is constantly shedding cells that are replaced by new cells. Eating the right food gives these new cells all the nutrients they require to stay fresh, soft and supple. To make your skin blemish free, try adding these five ingredients to your meals.
- Spinach - Don't eat spinach only for its iron. Spinach also contains vitamin A and B that are known for their anti- aging properties. This helps prevent the formation of wrinkles and removes dead skin. Vitamin B also protects the skin from the effect of UV rays and skin cancer. It is also high in lutein that boosts skin elasticity and prevents your skin from drying out.
- Green tea - Green tea has been used to cure everything from headaches to acne and is high in antioxidants and flavonoids. These have anti-inflammatory properties that help prevent wrinkles. Green tea fights acne by lowering the levels of acne producing hormones. It also helps flush toxins from the skin and improves the skin elasticity.
- Garlic - Garlic is rich in sulphur that prevents infections and helps reduce inflammations. Thus, it prevents breakouts on the skin and helps the skin glow by enhancing blood flow. Sulphur also helps the body produce collagen thus keeping skin firm and supple. Garlic also has a large amount of allicin that is associated with anti-fungal and anti-aging benefits and helps smoothen skin.
- Tomatoes - The high antioxidant properties of tomatoes protect the skin from the effects of sun exposure. Another skin friendly element contained in tomatoes is lycopene that controls an acne producing hormone and protects the skin from UV rays. This also fights cellular damage and keeps the skin hydrated thus reducing wrinkles. The Vitamins A and C present in tomatoes help treat existing acne and rashes.
- Berries - Berries are loaded with antioxidants that help the skin stay blemish free and fight acne. Berries are also rich sources of vitamin C that help produce collagen to keep the skin from sagging. The ellagic acid present in berries also fights damage caused by the sun. Lastly, the essential fatty acids in berries keep the skin hydrated and smooth.
Eating the right food has an almost immediate effect on the skin. However, in most cases it cannot reverse the effects of aging that can already be seen on your skin. So, don't wait to see your first wrinkle before you begin paying attention to your diet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.