Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Hair Transplant Surgery
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Stretch Marks Treatment
Treatment of Onchocerciasis
Treatment of Broken Nails
Laser Hair Removal
Treatment of Tinea Versicolor
Treatment of Skin Infections
Treatment of Scaly Skin
Treatment of Herpes Infections
Treatment of Psoriasis
Lip Augmentation Procedures
Nail Surgery Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Laser Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Rashes
Submit a review for Dr. Sushma YadavYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Sushma Yadav provides answers that are very helpful, caring, professional, thorough and knowledgeable. Thank you for your guidance, doctor. I tried to search and came across the same solution that I'd used, viz. Duofilm. Have a pleasant evening ahead. Regards.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sushma Yadav to be very helpful. Very useful in day to day life
Dr. Sushma Yadav provides answers that are very helpful. But mam use karna hai ya nahi....
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sushma Yadav to be very helpful. Thanksssss
Dr. Sushma Yadav provides answers that are helped me improve my health. Thanks
Facial aging is an issue which shows its first signs around the late twenties and early thirties. It is manifested in the form of fine lines, dark circles, wrinkles and rough skin, especially near the eyes and lips. This process cannot be reversed. It is a part of human body and the way the skin matures with age. But, it can be treated through surgical and non-surgical or natural means to make sure that the process of aging is slowed down.
Factors Affecting Facial Aging:
There are several factors which affect the facial aging and aggravate the process faster. Some of these factors are:
- If you smoke excessively, your face would sooner or later start showing signs of aging prematurely.
- At times, this process gains speed due to genetic issues.
- Stress and anxiety are the most important reasons for a person to start showing signs of aging at an early stage of life.
- If you lead a hectic lifestyle which involves excessive travelling throughout different climates, the exhaustion may be manifested through facial aging.
What are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers help to diminish facial lines and restore volume and fullness in the face.
As we age, our faces naturally lose subcutaneous fat. The facial muscles are then working closer to the skin surface, so smile lines and crow's feet become more apparent.
The facial skin also stretches a bit, adding to this loss of facial volume. Other factors that affect the facial skin include sun exposure, heredity, and lifestyle.
Dermal fillers can be used to:
- Plump thin lips
- Enhance shallow contours
- Soften facial creases and wrinkles
- Improve the appearance of recessed scars
Dermal fillers can be very helpful in those with early signs of aging, or as a value-added part of facial rejuvenation surgery.
You must make a note of the fact that dermal filling is not considered to be a type of surgical treatment. However, it does use anaesthesia while being administered. In fact, the patient is first given a dose of anaesthesia and left to rest for about half an hour. Some fillers have anesthesia in the syringe itself otherwise, we apply numbing cream or topical anesthesia. Thereafter, dermal fillings are applied with the help of fine needles. You need to realise that the use of fine needles with precision can be done only by those who have been specially trained for it. Thus, if your dermatologist recommends you for a treatment of dermal filling, then he/she ought to be a trained expert in carrying out the procedure. If you, on your own prefer to get this treatment done, then you should also find an expert who is well trained in administering this procedure.
Thus, dermal fillers are quite famous in the world of facial dermatology to reverse the aging process. It helps in reducing fine lines, wrinkles and adds volume and smoothness to the skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Nail fungus is a very common problem. Symptoms include inflammation, swelling, yellowing, thickening or crumbling of the nail. It is usually not painful, unless the infection spreads. If left untreated, nail fungus can cause cracking, splitting and even complete loss of the nail. The good news is that nail fungus is curable and can be treated very easily. There are many specialized treatments required for bringing quickest recovery. Most people think that medications are the only solution in this regard, but this is not true as there are many therapies that are needed along with medicines so that speed of recovery can be boosted to a great extent.
Treatments for fungal nail infections:
- Antifungal medications: Nails are first tested thoroughly in order to get the confirmation about nail fungus. Both growth and reproduction of fungal cells are prevented by consuming these medications. Some of these medicines are used for topical or external application while others are taken orally. Some of the physicians suggest continuing, both types of medicines simultaneously for getting more powerful effects and quick recovery. However, there are a few probable side-effects that occur while taking these medicines and these include loss in taste, rashes, diarrhoea, itching, headache and others.
- Using antifungal nail-paint: Nowadays, you can use antifungal nail-paints so that the deepest layer of the nail can be well treated and infected parts can be healed quickly. But you have to continue the usage for a few months, or else, you will not be able to get the desirable results.
- Laser treatment: This treatment is one of the most powerful ones and can treat your infected nail with greater speed and accuracy. Light energy in high doses is used for treating nail infection in this case. The above treatments are really quite helpful, and you can choose any of them as per your necessity, preference and affordability.
Things you can do at home:
- Keep your hands and feet clean and dry
- Wear well fitting shoes made of natural materials and clean cotton socks, these will allow your feet to "breathe"
- Clip your nails to keep them short, use a separate pair of clippers or scissors for the infected nail
- Don't share towels and socks with other people, and ensure your towels are washed regularly
- Don't walk around barefoot in public pools, showers, and locker rooms, special shower shoes are available to protect your feet
- Consider replacing old footwear as it could be the source of the infection
- Treat athlete's foot as soon as possible to avoid the infection spreading to your nails
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.