Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sushma
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SushmaYour feedback matters!
Imagine water flowing through a pipe or a tube that has a lot of things passing through it. It would definitely have a cleansing effect, don't you think? Now, apply the same rule to your stomach where the food is processed and broken into energy. When you drink water, it runs through it and cleanses it including the food debris that is stuck along the walls. Drinking water empty stomach is one of the most effective cleansing mechanisms. Further, Japanese are known to follow this ritual of drinking water empty stomach, that too immediately after they wake up.
Here are some other aspects of the drinking water empty stomach that you might want to consider:
- Drink about 600 mL water on an empty stomach in the morning, even before brushing.
- You can then brush and rinse your mouth, but do not eat anything for the next 45 minutes.
- Eat a good breakfast after 60 to 90 minutes.
- Again, do not eat anything after that for about 2 hours.
This is a regimen which should be followed religiously as it comes with multiple benefits, which are listed below
- Helps in flushing the excess: This is one of the best ways to clear the bowel. If you are having problems with bowel movement, try drinking water on an empty stomach and immediately you will be able to notice the change in your bowel movement. Needless to say, clearing out the bowel first thing in the morning is one of the healthiest habits to have.
- Food pipe cleanser: As food passes through the food pipe, there is a lot of debris along the walls. Drinking water flushes this debris out and leaves the food pipe walls clean and clear.
- Improves appetite: Drinking water on an empty stomach helps in clearing it, which makes way for a good appetite. Also, if your stomach is clear, you will automatically feel hungry and eat a good breakfast, which is considered as the best meal of the day.
- Prevents headache: Dehydration is one of the major cause of headaches, as the cells often crave for water in order to function properly. Drinking water, especially on an empty stomach, gives the cells their much-needed hydration, thereby preventing headaches.
- Detoxifying effect: Clearing out the bowel helps in releasing toxins from the body. Drinking water on an empty stomach improves the bowel clearing process in the morning, thus removes toxins from your body.
- Weight loss: If you need something to fill your stomach without having to add calories, drink up water. Drinking water empty stomach also improves metabolism and so helps in weight loss. Mixing lemon and honey to lukewarm water on an empty stomach can help reduce the waistline and will also keep you energized throughout the day.
- Skin care: Drinking water on an empty stomach is also beneficial for your skin as it reduces wrinkles, makes it look vibrant and also will clear skin pores.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My friend is 21 years female and she is having a problem of white discharge for more than 7 years. Will she have any problem in pregnancy?
I am 32 years female planning for a baby in the month of April 2016. What are precautions to be followed and taken during the mean time.
M 40 years old female unmarried. Sir mujhe harmons imbalanced hai FSH-80 or LH-33 ki report me hai, but sir last 4 month mujhe period thik huye hai, or khul ker hue, manedoctor ko dikhya to unhone mujhe calcium or ayeron ki tablet di jisse mujhe thik se perod ate hai but is month mujhe abji tak priod nhi huye or meri date 4 or 5 ki thi, doctor ne report dekh k bola I tum jaldi shadi ker lo nhi to ma nhi ban sakti kyuki tumhe POI hai, or doctor ne bola ki endocrinologist se ek bar consult kro sir muje bataiye ki me kabhi ma nhi ban sakti or sir me bahot garib hu mere ghar me mri mother or me hu or koi nhi hai. Please do something for me sir, please answer me sir me bahot pareshan hu or mujhe bahot problm ho rhe hai body me.
My last period came 9th oct I did sex 14th oct I took ipill 16th oct within 48 hr now when I get my next period and please tell now I am safe or not.
I was diagnosed with pcos wen I was 16 years old. Since from den I started taking medications such as deviry, metformin n so on. I am fed up of taking OCP from past 1 year, how long should I continue with this? I have been also diagnosed wid fibroadenoma n duct Ectasia in d breast N cystitis in kidney I have hirsutism as well. I am not taking any medications for cystitis n breast problem. I have undergone scanning for almost 15 times till now and I'm fed up with all of these. Please help me and suggest a diet. Im lean. Thank you.
I have diagnosed with infiltrating ductal carcinoma, NOS, in right breast (in biopsy report, triple negative (ER-negative, PR-NEGATIVE, HER 2-NEGATIVE). The tumor measures 4 cm* 3 cm mammographically. After giving 3 no. Of chemo My once medicine doctor suggest me to excision of tumor. What additional test do I need for excision of tumor.
A menstrual cup is a flexible cup designed out of medical grade silicone or rubber, which can be inserted inside the vagina. It is not used for absorbing blood; rather it collects the menstrual blood.
Advantages of menstrual cups over tampons
- Tampons are disposable. Menstrual cups can be cleaned, rinsed and reused.
- Need not be changed after every few hours. One can go without changing a menstrual cup for more than 12 hours.
- Easier to use compared to a tampon. The insertion is smoother and it is generally not very uncomfortable if insertion is done correctly.
- The menstrual cups need not be replaced frequently. Tampons however are needed in large numbers every month.
- Tampons absorb almost all the vaginal fluid, leaving it dry and prone to irritation. Menstrual cups on the other hand, leave the beneficial bacteria in place and maintain vaginal pH.
- Menstrual cups help prevent menstrual odours as it is present internally.
Reasons why you should use menstrual cups
Menstrual cups rarely cause allergic reactions, unlike tampons. One menstrual cup lasts an entire day, month and even years. They are also the most environment friendly choice as there is no need to dispose them after every use. They prevent staining, leakage and do not increase muscle cramps. There is no risk of TSS (Toxic Shock Syndrome) from menstrual cups, which is a major risk from leaving tampons inside the body for too many hours. Menstrual cups are also helpful if you are a swimmer. They don’t make things difficult for you at all. Menstrual cups are made from 100% medically approved silicone and not cotton or rayon. If you are unable to use tampons, you may choose menstrual cups as the insertion is generally smoother. However, it completely depends on individual preference. Menstrual cups also reduce the bulk of having to carry like sanitary napkins during travel, and urgent needs to change. Thus it makes a long journey worry free. No matter what protective measures you take, remember to be comfortable. Try and maintain a diet rich in nutrients, that can help regulate the blood flow and prevent painful blood clots. Also, it is important to remain physically active to prevent muscle cramps and back pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.