Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SushmaYour feedback matters!
I had sex with my husband yesterday (15th april) and I finished my period cycle on 5th of april. Its only 1 year completed of our married life and we both were not prepared mentally to conceive a baby right now. We have used condom during our intercourse. And the number of condoms he used to cover his penis is 2. He injected for 2 times and pulled out. But he hadn't ejaculated for a very long time. He got his fluid after we had fingering. I stopped him doing sex after he injected twice and pulled me. I am extremely worried about that whether there is a chance of getting pregnant or do I need to take birth control pills. He used his hands for fingering into my vagina without washing them. Please do respond at the earliest. I am having a little bit of abdominal pain right now.(the condom slipped once while he pulled the penis out of the vagina. Is loose motions in this case are the earliest sign of being pregnant? He was not in direct contact with penis due to condom protection.
Your daily intake of delicious foods might not be enough for a healthy life. Your health largely depends on the consumption of right amount of vitamins. You can be protected from a plethora of disorders by the intake of foods rich in vitamin B12 and D. Here’s why you need vitamin B12 and D:
- Prevention: Vitamin B12 prevents us from certain cancers, including cancers in prostate glands, lungs, breast and colon. It also provides protection against heart diseases. Vitamin B12 also helps in prevention against Alzheimer’s disease. Intake of vitamin D reduces the risk of developing multiple sclerosis, heart disease and flu.
- Booster of happiness and health: It has been found that vitamin B12 boosts up your energy levels to a great extent. There are health drinks enriched with Vitamins to provide energy to your tired body. But it is best to have foods rich in vitamin B12 and other vitamins.
- Forget depression: Vitamin D and B12 are known to benefit your health by keeping away depression. Therefore, it is very important to keep a check on the vitamins level of your body.
- Helps protein metabolism: One of the primary functions of vitamin B12 is to boost protein metabolism in your body. If you are suffering from vitamin B12 deficiency, you will suffer from improper protein metabolism. However, the symptoms may get noticed after several years.
- Protect your bones: It is the most essential function of vitamin D to absorb calcium and promote the growth of bones. Deficiency of vitamin D can lead to bone related diseases like rickets.
- Help your brain: Vitamin B12 is good for the overall health of the human brain. It can prevent you from developing dementia in old age or brain shrinkage.
- Good for digestive system: Vitamin B12 helps in the smooth functioning of digestive system. It provides protection against constipation.
- Beauty matters: Vitamin B12 and D are known for their contribution towards gifting you a healthy skin, shiny hairs and beautiful and strong nails. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
I had sex on 12 April without protection n had my last period on 30 March after sex within 72 hours had medicine bt in night n had papaya n past 3 weeks having coffee for heat as getting to different sounds n without drinking water have to go every time washroom. I have one baby n not looking for one now so need a suggestion how to avoid pregnancy which medicine bcoz I don't want now to be pregnant.
Are you stressed out lately and not being able to overcome it for a long time? With the holiday season approaching, you are bound to feel worse as your stress is bound to get in the way of celebrations. Winter is a promising time for celebrating, travelling and having fun, and you cannot let your patience and stress ruin it. Here are some steps following which you will be able to cope with your stress and anxiety, so that you can enjoy
Start with a clear mind:
- Realize that some things are just beyond your control. This is a tough thing to do, but you have to accept it just like the fact that you cannot control rain, sun, and the actions of people. Fighting against something beyond your control will make you stressed out and miserable.
- Realize that there are things, which are in your control. Focus on them and get a firm grip on them. The power of controlling your actions and reactions lies only in your hands. You can also influence your state of consciousness, your physiological responses, and mental processes.
- Learn to surrender and seek acceptance. Instead of resisting against the aspects which you cannot control, surrender to them. This does not make you weak, nor a loser. It is just accepting that you cannot change certain things.
- Be mindful. Stop for a moment, and try observing your internal experience, without any form of judgement. Try to become more conscious and aware of what goes on inside you.
- Take charge of your thoughts. The aim here is not to ignore and deny certain thoughts, but to transform them after analyzing and acknowledging them.
- Utilize your breath. It is an effective tool, which remains with you forever and connects your body and mind. Deep, slow breathing can be more beneficial than you could ever imagine. Keep inhaling and exhaling till you feel relaxed. This is excellent for calming your nervous system.
- Look at the brighter side of life, no matter how hard it may be. Focusing on positive things might make you discover a solution for your stressful condition.
- Take proper care of yourself. Self care is important for eliminating stress. You should take regular showers, eat balanced diet, exercise regularly, and carry out pleasurable activities.
- It is important for you to abstain from comparing yourself with others. Comparisons can cause distorted perceptions and increase stress. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
Hi. I have delivered a baby by c section 15 days back. I am planning to stay my relative house to take care of my baby. But in my relative home there is Indian rest room only. Please advise can I use Indian rest room now.
Ayurveda and Garbha sanskar (prenatal education)
Ancient Indian medicine, i.e. Ayurveda puts emphasis on the spiritual, mental and physical preparation of the expecting mother to give birth to a healthy child. In Ayurveda, this theory is described as ‘supraja Janan’ or EU-maternity. It basically means preparing the couple in planning their pregnancy at least three months prior to the baby conception.
Pregnancy should be by choice and not by chance. The planning should firstly begin with panda shuddhi which means purification of gametes (sperm and ovum).
One should always keep in mind if the couple is not mentally fit and stable even though they are being physically healthy cannot give birth to a healthy child.
The mental calmness and firmness of mind is very much related to one’s eating habits and depends on many other factors of lifestyle. For giving birth to a healthy child, it is important to stay away from spicy food items and addictive substances during pregnancy period.
Universally it has been proven that the fetus is not just a mindless mass of flesh, but it responds and capable of understanding, receiving information from outside forces. The fetus is an evolving human being that has got full rights to receive optimistic and inspiring feedback or garbha sanskar.
Daily practices of garbha sanskar which are to be given during pregnancy period to the child in the womb are clearly prescribed in the Ayurveda. Not just daily diet taken by expecting mother is mentioned, but routine body care, yoga techniques as well as reading material and instructions are available in Ayurveda. Various subjects of discussion are written along with music and mantras that can be listened to during pregnancy period.
Development of parent-fetus bonding:
Do you know that feelings and thoughts in mind of parents affect babies in the womb on a large level. Until any thought is expressed verbally, it remains in an unexpressed form in mind. At this time, its wavelength is shortest and it has got maximum energy at this level. Selfless and unspoken thoughts bear and transfer maximum sanskar on the fetus.
Effect of music:
Scientifically, it has been proven that the fetus responds to music from 7th months of pregnancy. You would be glad to know that a foetus of 7th month starts hearing from mother’s womb and from the nearby surroundings and responds to them as well. Heartbeat of mother is the first sound the child hears when in a womb because it is the most nearest sound for the baby. This is the reason why a crying child clams down when her mother holds her close to her heart. It is believed that the child in the womb gets energy for the development of his mind and body when an expecting mother listens to the special music. You would be surprised to know that listening to sound of veena (an Indian musical instrument which is held by goddess Saraswati) and flute along with Samveda mantras are very helpful in giving birth to the healthy child at the time of childbirth. Various cassettes and CD’s like ‘Garbha Sangeet’, Garbha Sanskaar: Blessings for the new arrival” are published and can be easily brought by pregnant women from markets.
Lifestyle tips for the pregnant women:
According to Ayurveda, an expecting mother should stay away from movies depicting scenes of violence, horror and murder. This is because these kinds of stuffs can produce a negative effect on the child’s character. Also, expecting mother should live in a company of those people who throw positive influence over her. She can listen to soft music, read positive and self-inspiring books, view beautiful works of art, develop only constructive frame of mind with positive thoughts in her mind and last but not the least contemplate pleasant landscapes.
In Ayurveda, two types of ghees are recommended for mother-to-be. The name of first medicated ghee is ‘kalyanak ghrita’ to be given during 4th, 5th months of pregnancy on daily basis. One tsp of this ghee is widely given to expecting mothers, especially in southern states like Kerala in India. The herbal preparation ‘kalyanak ghrita’ is considered very effective in the development of the mental faculties of a growing fetus. Also, it is very beneficial for development of all body systems in fetal baby. ‘Kalyanak ghrita’ when taken regularly helps in fighting anemia in the mother as well as prevents any kind of congenital abnormalities. Another ghee is ‘Thanka three great’ which is to be taken during the last month of pregnancy i.e. 7th, 8th and 9th months of pregnancy. Regular intake of this ghee promotes complete developments in the fetal body and known to bring good fortunes to the newborn child. It also aids in the full term normal delivery. Both these ghee has got cow’s ghee as their base during their preparation.
IT IS IMPORTANT TO TAKE AN EXPERT ADVICE FOR GARBHA SANSKAR.
I had sex 1st time after my delivery. We had after almost 5 weeks. But it was very painful for me. Too much to bear. What's d reason for d pain Marital status: Married Are you sexually active? Yes Timing during intercourse/ masturbation: 1-5 minutes.
Hello doctor I am 8 weeks 5 days pregnant but today mene ultrasound karaya the doctor says that only sac is seen decidual reaction in normal no fetal pole is seen sac age is 5 weeks 6 days what is the chances of viblelity of this pregnancy.
I am 18 years old female. I am having irregular periods for a very long time. Tried various home remedies but none is of use. Can you suggest something to make it regular.
Respected Doctors, I am 29 years old and my husband age 44, sometimes he wants to do sex 2 to 3 times in a night. Is its effective any negative effects on our health, specifically on my husband as he is 44. Please help, thank you.
Hello sir, I had a protected sex with my partner and there is delayed in her periods so is it a point of worry for me. I Am serious for her but I don't want kids yet. So suggest me some thing that everything goes on track again.
Breastfeeding has shown to have an incredible impact on the growth and development of an infant on account of the nutrients which are provided to the baby. The mental development which occurs due to breastfeeding is said to show even years from the time that a person was an infant. When a person considers just how important breastfeeding truly is, she would not want to make a mistake, would she?
A lot of new mothers are concerned, if their babies seem to fall asleep while feeding a lot quicker than they should. As a matter of fact, they worry that the babies will not get enough breast milk and this can stunt the development of the young ones. While this is true, it can be said that a few steps taken can make sure of the fact that there would be nothing for the mothers to worry about.
- Inadequate consumption: It is natural for a baby to have a tendency to fall asleep, after all, that rapid rate of growth is likely to consume a lot of energy. In order to make sure the baby consumes enough milk prior to falling asleep, what should be done is that the mother should transfer the baby from one breast to the other one when she notices that the rate at which the baby is consuming is slowing down. The effect this has is to make sure that the rate of transfer is maximised; as the fastest rate, the milk transfers is when the baby begins suckling, for the first few minutes.
- Risk of Infection: Taking into due account what a sensitive and important process breastfeeding is, it can be said that an infection is something which can disrupt the process. One of the infections happens to be thrush. This is one which can spread from the mouth of the baby to the breasts of the mother. The effects of the infection include soreness and possibly even a rash. A doctor would probably provide the patient with some anti-fungal medication in order to fight the infection off.
- Latching problems: Another issue which is faced by new mothers is that there is a pain when the baby is to latch on to the nipple. In order to reduce this, what can be done is that the mother can try keeping the baby in a position to cover as much of the area under the nipple than over and adjust the baby to cover the nipple when he or she yawns.
These are just some of the common issues faced by new mothers. However, following a few simple measures can ensure that the experience of breastfeeding is most satisfying for both mother and child. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.