Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SushmaYour feedback matters!
She was pregnant n was admitted at due date bt her baby died ystrdy. Only one day ago she showed to doctor n he said aftr checking her ultrasound dat baby is 2 fine bt suddenly wn she ws admitted doctor said that it cud nt do movement n ystrdy by normal it ws born 2 death. Will she become pregnant again? Wat ws da reason behind the death.
I am pregnant last 1 month ,sometime pain my backside so pls answer me isme koi darnevali bat nahi hena?
I have hypothyroidism. Having prolactin level also 68. Can I conceive after control them? within normal limit? can I conceive easily. Iam 30 years old. Weight 55.
I am taking'saheli' contraceptive pills. Is it safe or harmful to heath? We want a baby after 6months. What is side effects of saheli contraceptive pills i?
My frnd took unwanted 72 within 48 hrs (evening 0530) of having unprotected sex. Afterdat again c made unprotected sex vry next morning n took unwanted 72 empty stomach at 0755 morning. Is it a serious issue as c took 2 tablets within 24 hrs n one out of them was taken empty stomach. Pls reply.
My wife today has tested pregnancy with a pregnancy kit and result shows one pink line clearly visible and other line slightly visible. What to do. She has missed her period only one day.
I consumed I pill 5 times in last one year. My menses last only 2 days (first day normal bleeding second day less bleeding) From one year. Before all this my menses was normal. What should I do to cure this?
All test done and are normal. Still not pregnant. We are trying from 1 and half years. Is it safe to use ttc kit and try it?
A blood clot in the leg is termed as Deep Vein Thrombosis or DVT. This blood clot can be fatal, because it usually blocks the passage of blood to the heart by damaging the one way valves of the veins. This can also reach other organs like the lungs, in which situation the case becomes complicated and may also lead to death. There are various ways of preventing the onset of these clots. Follow these points to know more.
- Blood Thinners: Prolonged hospital stay and a major surgery like joint replacement can lead to blood clots in the legs or DVT. Therefore, it is imperative to ask your doctor about a prescription for blood thinners, which can help in better blood flow despite minimal motion in the legs or stiffness.
- Compressions Stockings: If you have been in the hospital for a prolonged period or suffering from leg paralysis, then the risk of blood clots is greater than most others. You can make use of compression stockings, which will help in preventing clots by holding the area tight so that the blood is forced to pump and flow. These should be used every time you are admitted to the hospital.
- Exercise: It is important to keep moving in case you are travelling in a long flight that is over four hours long. Also, you can try certain mild exercises, in case you have a long standing condition of pain or cramping in the leg muscles and joints. From simple toe flexes to muscle strengthening exercises like the heel or towel hook, you can ensure that the tightening action makes your muscle firm so that the blood clots do not have a chance to form. You may also need to lose weight in case you are overweight so that you can alleviate the risk of these clots.
- Water: Staying hydrated is something that we all need to follow in any case, but it is especially important if you are risk of developing blood clots in the legs. Drinking plenty of fluids is a natural way of thinning the blood, especially if you have been in bed or travelling for prolonged periods.
- Loose Fitting Clothing: You may want to wear loose fitting clothing when you are travelling or in the hospital so that you do not end up unnecessarily compressing an area in a way that will be detrimental for the blood flow there. Wearing loose clothing ensures that the blood flow carries on as per its normal routine without any blockages.
It is important to remember the above points so that you keep blood clots in the legs at bay.