Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Sushma PatilYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
It was a great experience as the surgery was for my 5yr old daughter and doctor made us so much comfortable and it was a great success.
Experience was awesome. She is a very good doctor. Suggested medicines were helped a lot.
I am suffering from sinus problem and I came to know about it last week before dis I had asthma and even dust allergy. I still hav dust allergy should I still use my inhaler. Because I hav problem at night breathing.
I want to remove my wisdom tooth as there is cavity. I want to know that is there any hearing will be effected aftr making it removed. I have heard it effects ear.
I am 64yrs. I am having sound in my left year contiously for the past few years. Please help me to overcome this problem.
I am having repeated pain in my tonsil and they get infection quickly so suggest me how I will cure it.
I have been suffering from allergic running nose or stuffy nose for the last 2.5 years. I used so many anti allergic and other medicines as well. Consulted many doctors, even then my allergy is not cured. I am unable to bear these frequent sneezing and running nose , heavy face and complete inconvenience caused because if this allergy.
I have sinus problem. Kya iska ayurved me jad se khatm karne ka ilaz ha. Mujhe eight years se ye problem ha always headche rehta ha bus antibiotics khati rehti hu to kuch dino ke liye hi theek hota ha. Kisi ne ayurved ki ek dava batae ha itrifal kishanji kya isse meri problem theek ho jaegi.
I have a nose bleeding problem since I was 10 years old whenever I do sneezing and whenever I eat dry fruits, my nose got blooded When I penetrate my finger much then also it happens suggest me useful I am keen to know your reply.
My son who is just 1 and half year old always put something in his ear after seeing wax is there so is it any drop fr cleaning.
It's about 2 month back when suddenly my heart beat increased and I started breathing at rapid speed I had checkup then but everything us ok but my acid in body us more shown by reports. At that time my there is dizziness in my head. it was like panic attack I have beginning 2 feel anxiety. And now now anxiety is decreased but there is some pressure in my head still, I sometime becomes ok then again happen. When I eat after that I feel like something is struck from neck to down the chest. What is that is this pressure in head is due to anxiety or brain tumor. Although I was ok I am fully conscious ,no balancing problem or vision ,no sleeping problem everything is ok but feeling like pressure in head. Is its anxiety or brain tumor? Please help I am little worried.
I am 26 year old and i have continues dizziness for 1 year I have shown many doctors but no one can identify my problem sir please help me I want to live freely.
I am 25 yrs old and I have a perinial sinus on dumb site I already do treatment and my operation also done but no cure so can you tell me the solution how to cure this sick ?
Hello sir from my ear yellow bullgom type liquid is flowing can you please suggest any medicine. Thank you.
It's hot these days still my nose keeps running and I sneeze around 10 times a day ? What would be the reason? What should I do?
I am a 18years old and also I am very fatty person. I have trouble for my breathing and also a nose allergy. Now what can I do for these. Pls give my answer.
The tonsils are soft tissue masses which are located at the back of your throat, usually at the pharynx. The tonsils are masses which are part of the lymphatic system that helps fight infections. However, tonsils can themselves become inflamed and cause a lot of pain. Tonsillectomy is a procedure to remove the tonsils and relieve pain.
Why is tonsillectomy performed?
A few decades back, tonsillectomy was a routine surgery performed to relieve any pain within the tonsils. This method of treatment however has changed over the past few decades as pain medications for inflammation have improved vastly. However, tonsillitis is still performed in many cases wherein it tends to cause acute problems. Some of the cases it is applicable in are:
- Chronic bad breath problems caused by recurrent inflammation of the tonsils
- Recurrent sore throats caused by tonsillitis
- It is also done along with dental surgery for correcting teeth with imperfect positioning
- Abscess formation in the mouth
- Upper airway being obstructed due to inflammation, thus causing difficulty with sleeping, snoring, or causing sleep apnea (irregular breathing during sleep)
- Ear infections being regularly caused by inflammation of the tonsils
Other reasons why it may be recommended
Tonsillectomy may be also be recommended when there are no indications of problems but tonsillitis and other infections keep cropping up too regularly. This affects children and can make them sick or keep them in pain regularly. Some of these other indications are mentioned below:
- Tonsil infections and inflammations happening too frequently within a year
- Tonsillitis is caused by bacterial infection wherein the antibiotics aren’t effective
- Formation of pus in the form of an abscess within or around the tonsils which keep forming even after repeated drainage or administering antibiotics
Possible complications and risks
Like any other form of surgery, tonsillectomy has certain risks associated with it as well. However, these are very rare. Some of these risks and complications are mentioned as follows –
- Swelling of the mouth: The tongue and the soft palate or the roof of the mouth may swell, resulting in breathing difficulties an few hours after the surgery.
- Infection: As is the case with any surgery, infections may occur in rare cases, which may require further treatment.
- Adverse reactions to anesthetics: Many patients exhibit an adverse reaction to anesthetics and may develop symptoms such as a headache, nausea, muscle soreness and frequent vomiting.
- Bleeding during surgery or healing: Although it is rare, bleeding during and after surgery has been reported after all sorts of procedures and it may occur with tonsillectomy as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ENT specialist.