Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sushila DavidYour feedback matters!
Using contraceptive methods is the easiest method for a couple to avoid pregnancy and enjoy a tension free physical relationship. People have used birth control methods for thousands of years. Today, we have many safe and effective birth control methods available to us.
All of us who need birth control want to find the method that is best for us. If you're trying to choose, learning about each method may help you make your decision. Only you can decide what is best for you. Some contraceptives, such as condoms, will also protect a person from sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).
The methods can be categorised into temporary and permanent methods.
1. Withdrawal method: This involves removing the penis from the vagina before ejaculating. Ejaculation should be away from the introitus. However it requires extreme self-control on the part of your man.
2. Barrier methods: These methods prevent sperm from entering the uterus. Barrier methods are removable. Types of barrier methods include:
a. Condom: This is the oldest barrier method. A condom is a thin tube that the man puts over his penis. This keeps the sperm from getting to the egg. Condoms are also called rubbers.
b. Female condom: This is like a condom, but it goes in the woman's vagina.
c. Diaphragm and cervical cap: These are put in the woman's vagina to cover the cervix
d. Contraceptive sponge: This is a sponge that is filled with spermicide and is put in the woman's vagina over the cervix.
Barrier methods can be easy to use and have few side effects.
3. Hormonal methods: These can only be used by women. Hormonal methods cause changes in the woman's reproductive cycle and include Birth Control Pills, Birth Control Patches, Emergency contraception pill, Implants and so on. Unlike barrier methods, hormonal methods do not interfere with sex.
4. Intrauterine methods: In this method an object called an intrauterine device or IUD is put in the woman's uterus. There are two types of IUD: the copper IUD or an IUD with hormones implanted on it. The hormonal IUD has better protection against pregnancy but costs more. You need not do anything once it is inserted. Also it is effective for up to 10 years.
Of course, the permanent methods are more effective for preventing pregnancy than the temporary methods. The decision to proceed with a permanent method should only be made if a person is absolutely sure that no more children are desired. The biggest problems after a permanent procedure is regret that it was done.
1. Sterilization: Sterilization is a permanent form of birth control that prevents a woman from getting pregnant. These procedures usually are not reversible.
a. A sterilization implant is a non surgical method for permanently blocking the fallopian tubes. The doctor places a coil in each Fallopian tube through the vagina and uterus block each tube completely. It may take up to 3 months to completely block the tubesb.
b.Tubal ligation is a surgical procedure in which a doctor cuts the fallopian tubes. This procedure blocks the path between the ovaries and the uterus. The sperm cannot reach the egg to fertilize it and the egg cannot reach the uterus.
c. Vasectomy is a surgical procedure that consists in cutting the tubes that carry sperm. This procedure blocks the path between the testes and the urethra due to which the sperm cannot leave the testes and hence cannot reach the egg. It can take as long as 3 months for the procedure to be fully effective.
I m 38 week +3 days pregnant and my hb is 6. 5. Ager main an khoon(blood) chadvati hu toh koi baby ya mujhe problem ya koi complication toh nhi hogi?
Testosterone is a powerful hormone, with the ability to control sex drive, regulate sperm production, promote muscle mass, increase energy, and even influence human behavior (such as aggression and competitiveness). It’s no wonder that a decrease in testosterone would cause quite a stir. However, it is a natural part of aging.
In the womb
Testosterone plays an important role in shaping the developing fetus during pregnancy. It drives the development of the male reproductive system. Testosterone also masculinizes the brain. Testosterone levels have to fall within a very narrow margin in order for the fetal brain to be healthy. High levels of fetal testosterone may be linked to autism. Low levels of fetal testosterone may boost your chances of getting alzheimer’s disease later in life.
Adolescence to early adulthood
Testosterone levels are at their highest during adolescence and early adulthood. The first physical signs of testosterone, or androgens, in the body are apparent during puberty. A boy’s voice changes, his shoulders broaden, and his facial structure becomes more masculine. But as men get older, their testosterone levels decline about 1 percent per year after age 30.
Testosterone and aging
Low testosterone levels can cause changes in sexual function, including:
Reduced sexual desire, or low libido
Fewer spontaneous erections
Impotence (erectile dysfunction)
Other signs of decreased testosterone levels include:
Changes in sleep patterns
Emotional changes, such as low self-confidence or lack of motivation
Physical changes, like increased body fat, reduced muscle bulk and strength, and decreased bone density
The normal range of testosterone levels in healthy adult males is between 280 to 1, 100 nanograms per deciliter (ng/dl).
While the symptoms described here are considered a normal part of aging, they could also be signs of several underlying factors. These include:
A reaction to certain medications
Thyroid gland disorders
Excessive alcohol use
The best time of day to have a blood sample taken for a testosterone test is around 8 a.m.
Dear Sir / madam Is oral sex make problem? Because my wife likes this only. She is not interested in the vagina penetration. Please.
I use to have this menstrual pblm back 4 years & I consulted doctor she gave me medicine it worked well & I was happy for it & now again started. The cycle did not stop now it was 11th day.
When is the best time to drink green tea for weightless. Before meal or after meal or during meal. I am pcod patient. please recommend.
They claim Ayurvin Nutrislim to be100% ayurvedic. I used it for a Month and found good results. But I want to know if it is safe. Pls advice. I wanna combine it with exercise and diet.
Hello doctor I lost my virginity with my boyfriend on 2nd april. It was an unprotected sex also my periods stopped on1st april and started on 30th march (i have hormonal problems) and my periods last only for 2-3 days since yesterday I am feeling little pukish and had fever I did pregnancy test which came negative. Doctor please help me im really scared also please tell me till when I have chances of getting pregnant and when should I get my pregnancy test again? And will ipill cause delay in periods?
Me nd my gf wr having gud time and v wr both in underwear but I didn't eject inside .is there any chance of pregnancy. And does precum contain sperm when having sex first time in a day and does precum travel through our underwear .and also she had taken unwanted 72 on 30th of this month.
My ovulation study 10th day of cycle report is right ovary 40x21, 39x21, 16x13and left ovary pco, 5x5endometrial thickness 7.2mm.
Feel free from heat by making a mixture of saunf, jeera and Ddhaniya. Add some gud (jaggery) and serve along with cold water.
How can we know that we are eligible to make pregnant to my partner? As I am masturbating does it affects her in not getting pregnancy?
A healthy lifestyle is vital for experiencing sexual arousal, which requires your overall health and cardiovascular system to be in their best form. Simple lifestyle changes can easily lead to a better sex life. Not only do these changes lead to a better sex life, but also contribute towards the performance and stamina exhibited in bed.
Here are some points on to improve sex life by choosing these simple lifestyle changes:
- No stress: Stress is unavoidable, but one can make a conscious effort to relieve themselves of the same. If a person is stress it becomes hard to focus on sex and in turn affects the blood flow. Reading a book, taking a break, rest, and a massage are just few ways by which one can get rid of stress.
- Regular exercises: Doing exercises regularly tends to pump up the heart, which in turn enhance the blood flow in and around the genitals. Exercising also provides stamina and energy. The most important benefit of exercising is that it enhances the body image thereby leading to a confident person.
- Quitting smoking: Smoking causes the development of a condition known as vasoconstriction (which is a contraction of the blood vessels that brings about a decrease in blood flow), not to mention damage to the veins and arteries. The small veins in the penis are typically more prone to this kind of damage. The only way you can prevent this kind of damage from happening is by kicking this habit. As a consequence, you experience an increase in your sex drive as well as an improvement in your sex life.
- Limiting your drinks: Drinking in moderate amounts can help in protecting you from heart disease and certain cancers. But if you have too much of alcohol, it can act as a depressant and lead to anxiety problems as well as a host of sexual problems including delayed ejaculation, erections, and vaginal dryness. Ideally, you should have one drink a day if you're a woman and two in the case of men.
Hello I am 22 years .i had sex with my bf with precaution and I checked twice (prega news )result was negative. My period was supposed to come on 11th july and today is 21st july m not having my periods. Earlier I have a problem of pcod also. Is prega news accurate? What should I do pls suggest.
My friend is having lot of stomach pain vomiting from few days she had unprotected sex 4 months before n she got her periods 3 times is there a chance she may be pregnant she's worried a lot please suggest.
My wife is pregnant with 32 weeks. I have done first and second trimester sonography and all reports are normal. After two month (32 weeks pregnancy) showing borderline ventriculomagaly. Is there any risk on baby abnormalities.
Every morning you may require your shot of coffee (or caffeine) to be wide awake, in the evening to lessen fatigue or at night to improve focus and concentration. But like every other thing, even coffee comes with its sweet spot. Research reveals that the appropriate caffeine intake per day should be about 500-600 mgs, which adds up to about 5 cups of coffee. When you cross this limit, coffee can have several unsavory effects on your body. Sample these.
1. Heightened sensory experience
A 2009 study by Durham University revealed that individuals who have about 3 cups of coffee are 3 times likelier to see things, hear voices as well as sense the presence of imaginary beings. Hallucinations are a result of the caffeine content in the coffee, which bring about an aggravation in the physiological effects of stress. The caffeine in coffee causes overproduction of cortisol (a stress hormone) leading to heightened sensory activities.
2. Too much coffee could end up making you fatter
A study published in a reputed journal revealed the links among caffeine, cortisol, and fat storage. It disclosed that caffeine has the propensity to significantly increase the levels of the stress hormone, cortisol. High levels of cortisol can bring about an increase in storage of fat around your mid-section, and can subsequently lead to obesity and other serious diseases like Type 2 Diabetes and cardiovascular ailments.
3. It can cause liver damage
Too much coffee can damage your liver. Results from a study indicate that individuals who consume about 2 or more cups of coffee every day were 50% likelier to develop chronic liver disease compared to individuals who drank less than a cup per day.
4. It can cause twitching of your muscles
Since coffee contains caffeine, too much of it can cause the muscles in your body to move erratically. This is because caffeine found in coffee is a natural stimulant, and can affect the nerves of your muscles adversely.
Whether it’s coffee or tea or even beer, moderation is the key to enjoying your favourite beverage to avoid the negative effects it can have on your health.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
On 8th of april my husband heavily kicked me in my stomach and I felt down. But on 11th april I diagnosed I am pregnant. How is that possible?
Exercising should not a dreaded, but enjoyed. Exercising in the water can be as challenging and intense as any other form of exercise, but without the sweating. Aquatic exercises are ideal for every age and especially beneficial to those with injuries and joint limitations like arthritis. Exercising in water also helps with weight loss and stress management. If you want a reason to start exercising in water, here are three:
- Increases flexibility: Water is unpredictable in its movements. When exercising in water, the body has to push against water and faces water resistance. This resistance can be up to 42 times more than the resistance you would encounter when exercising on land. Thus while adjusting to the push and pull of water, the body is forced to move in various directions. This helps increase the range of motions in all the joints. The upward thrust of water or buoyancy also negates the effect of gravity and cushions the body. This reduces strain on weight bearing joints, muscles, ligaments and tendons. As a result, the body becomes more flexible.
- Low impact: One of the biggest differences between exercising on land and exercising in water is the impact of the exercise on joints. For example, running on land puts a lot of stress on your knees. However, if you were to run in water, your knees would not make you cry in pain. This is because of the buoyancy of water. By cushioning your body, it supports half your body weight and thus makes you bear only half your body weight. This reduces the impact on your joints and makes exercising in water appealing to those with joint problems or those undergoing physical rehabilitation after an injury.
- Makes the heart work efficiently: Water has a unique property that makes it makes the heart work more efficiently. By pushing against the entire body surface, the hydrostatic pressure aids in the flow of blood from the all parts of the body to the heart and thus improves blood circulation. This puts less stress on your heart muscles. Thus by exercising in water, you can lower your blood pressure and heart rate.
Apart from these benefits, exercising in water also helps build endurance and increases muscle strength. It is also one of the most cooling and enjoyable ways to burn calories. It would be rare for you to be in a pool all by yourself and hence exercising in water is also a social exercise. So when are you stepping into the pool?