Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sushila DavidYour feedback matters!
Hi there. I always drink it accurately, more or less the same time each night. Last night me and my boyfriend had sex, the condom broke. He told me it only broke when he took it off but I like it to play safe so today I took norlevo. Now I know that if you take the pill and have diarrhea or vomiting afterwards, you must take another pill because that one didn't have time to dissolve, well, I didn't experience completely diarrhea but I did go to the bathroom more than usual and the stool was not completely stiff today after I took the norlovo (last night when I took my yaz, I didn't go to the bathroom) so I want to know is there any chance the effectiveness of these contraceptives are compromised, should I take another norlovo dosage tomorrow (as the places are closed now)
Stress is a very common factor for all working moms. Work, home and taking care of the child all together causes great amount of stress in working mothers. Exercising makes the body release endorphins, which are stress fighting hormones and help in relieving stress. There are various types of exercises which a working woman can do.
- High energy activities: High energy aerobic exercises lead to an increased heart rate, which results in production of more endorphins that make the body fight stress naturally. They include running, skipping, dancing, etc. These also improve physical and mental health.
- Yoga: Yoga is excellent for stress relief. It involves movement and stationary poses or postures, along with breathing exercises. Yoga enhances the body's natural response to relaxation, making your life healthier.
- Tai Chi: Tai chi involves a series of flowing movements of the body along with breathing. Having its roots in martial arts, Tai Chi provides efficient stress relief.
- Pilates: This exercise involves a series of movements and exercises performed on a mat. Pilates enhance strength, flexibility, endurance and immunity of the body.
- Martial arts: Martial arts is an effective way of unleashing energy and venting out frustration, which result in reducing stress. There are different forms of martial arts to choose from, which include Judo, karate, Taekwondo and several others.
- Kick boxing: Kick boxing reduces stress to a great extent and involves punching and kicking, which is performed with discipline. Kickboxing incorporates a rigorous workout schedule and is a great way to vent out frustration and energy, releasing stress.
- Team sports: Team sports are an ideal way to relieve stress, work out and have fun, altogether. Playing tennis, cricket or football offers a double amount of stress relief. Playing with your family will encourage bonding, fun and help in relieving stress together.
- On the go exercises: Several exercises such as running or jogging and cycling allow you to have a break, breathe some fresh country air and get your mind freshened up. Along with the release of energy, travelling across beautiful places helps in stress relief.
- Meditation: Meditation is an amazing mind exercise for stress relief. It requires great concentration and must be performed in a quiet atmosphere. Peace of mind is obtained.
- Gym activities: A gym has a lot of exercising instruments and devices. They involve power and strength and energy is unleashed. This is an ideal vent for anger and frustration, which results in great stress relief.
Working moms face a lot of stress, which arise from various aspects of life, including work, home and children. Stress busting exercises should be practised to maintain a perfect mental health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hello sir mujhe kuch janna tha mera next period date 30 KO tha aaj 5 hua avi tk Nai aaya lekin white pani nikal RHA h mujhe aisa mahsus ho RHA h BuT nikal Nai RHA to kya Mai pregnent hu.
Effects of oral sex on body is there any negative effects on body health of safe oral sex. If yes, what are effects of oral sex on body, apart from infections,
Is it safe to travel in pregnancy during 4th month in a train? Actually we are living in Delhi and wishes to visit our native place at Andhra Pradesh which is above 2000km journey and 34 to 36 hrs journey. Last menstrual period was 28.01. 2016.
How to treat vaginismus at home or suggest some meds. Me and my bf trying to have sex. It just never happens. I think m suffering from vaginismus.
Though the act of intercourse is portrayed as an act of pleasure, achieving an orgasm is an indication of a satisfying sexual act. Inability to achieve an orgasm is far more common in females than in males and this can be due to various reasons.
Read on to know some more about the causes and ways to manage this:
A mix of psychological, social, and physical conditions can lead to orgasmic disorders in female. Some of the common causes are listed below:
- History of sexual abuse
- Poor self-esteem
- Relationship issues, lack of trust, conflicts, etc.
- Cultural or social beliefs
- Advancing age
- Chronic medical conditions like diabetes
- Medications like selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), which are frequently used in depression (depression is common in women)
- Gynecologic issues like hysterectomy
It is a vicious cycle that is contributed by more than one of these factors, which leads to strengthening of the disorder in the future. Types of orgasmic disorders: There are four types of orgasmic disorders, which are as follows:
- Primary anorgasmia: Women with such disorders have never been able to achieve an orgasm.
- Secondary anorgasmia: Over a period of time, women who previously have had orgasms are unable to achieve an orgasm.
- Situational anorgasmia: Women suffering from it would be able to achieve an orgasm only during certain situations like oral sex or masturbation, but may not climax during regular sexual intercourse.
- General: These women could be highly stimulated and aroused, but would still be unable to achieve climax.
Management and diagnosis
The first step in management is diagnosis. A detailed discussion with the doctor about sexual history followed by physical examination can help identify the problem. Being open about discussing this private topic is very important in diagnosis and treatment.
Treatment would depend on the underlying cause, and include the following:
- Diagnose and treat/manage underlying medical conditions like diabetes.
- Switch to an alternate antidepressant if SSRIs are being used.
- Involve in sex therapy where cognitive behavioral therapy is a big component. Becoming aware of what can be is very important.
- Sexual counseling with the partner to resolve any conflicts, improves trust levels and the overall health of the relationship. This is often a major cause for this disorder.
- Involving the partner to help in achieving an orgasm by clitoral stimulation, etc.
- Hormone therapy in the form of a pill, patch or gel may be used to increase sensitization in the genital area. These help by improving blood flow to the genitals and increasing sexual desire.
It is important to understand that female anorgasmia is very common and though it can be frustrating, it can be managed effectively. But do not forget to admit the problem and seek help. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Pregnancy related It has been 15 days of Intercourse and I Had gave her a Pill too but she thinks her stomach is Increasing n Thinking that She is Gonna B pregnant so pls help what to do If she really is Pregnant n How can I Stop Kid.
I am a 19 years old girl I got my last month period on 23 June 2016 I have normal menstrual cycle of about 27-29 days. I had intercourse on 6 July 2016 I had been using novex tablets for a month that is from 24 June to 22 July due to lump in my breast advised by my doctor 15 tablets are used by me. I expect my next period on 20-23 July but it did not come instead I had brown discharge on 24 July there was pain in my abdomen the flow was moderate. Next day that is 25 july I had brown and light red discharge the flow was moderate heavy having some small clots next day that is 26 july again I had brown discharge flow was moderate and on 27 July I had brown discharge for few hours flow was light and on 28 July I just found brown spotting and I have symptoms like fatigue nausea painful and larger breasts feeling faint dizzy pain in body having cramps tired cold running nose etc. What could the reasons be for such a problem am I pregnant.
My vagina became very loose after my 1st delivery ,my husband is no more interested in me please tell me some suggestions to make my pussy tight so that I can satisfy my hubby.
Sir its a my wife's problem. Actually she is my fiance. His vagina getting no shape. Sir can you suggest any good gel or medicines to get tight shape for happy sexual felling.
Bacterial vaginosis is a condition which is characterized by an infection in the vagina. The vagina consists of both good and bad bacteria which remain in a state of balance. Bacterial vaginosis occurs when the balance of bacteria in the vagina gets disrupted. The count of bad bacteria in the vagina tends to increase as compared to the count of good bacteria.
It occurs when the balance of bacteria in the vagina is upset. There are certain factors that may make you prone to this disorder; some of them are:
Douching: Douching is a process of cleaning the vagina with water or cleansing agents. This process leads to an imbalance in the amount of good and bad bacteria in the vagina.
Multiple Sex Partners: Women who have multiple sex partners are at an increased risk of getting affected by bacterial vaginosis.
Lack of Good Bacteria in the Vagina.
The usual symptom of this disorder is a foul smelling vaginal discharge. The color of the discharge may be yellow or gray. The foul smell emanating from the vagina may intensify post coitus.
Given below are the treatments for this disorder –
Clindamycin: Clindamycin is a cream that helps treat bacterial vaginosis.
Metronidazole: This medication may be either administered orally or applied in the form of gel. It is advised to stay away from alcohol during the course of this treatment, as it reduces the efficacy.
Tinidazole: This is an oral medication administered to treat bacterial vaginosis. Akin to metronidazole, it is advised to avoid alcohol during the course of this treatment.
Following certain tips can help prevent bacterial vaginosis.
Avoid Douching: Douching can upset the balance of bacteria in the vagina; hence it is best to avoid it entirely.
Do not use scented toiletries: Using scented toiletries is not good for the vagina as it can disrupt the balance of bacteria in the vagina.
Practice safe sex: Use protection while engaging in sexual intercourse to prevent STIs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My period date is usually 18 to 20 but there is no symptoms of period is it sign of pregnancy. There is pain in lower abdomen also.
Many studies have shown that excessive caffeine intake affects your chances of conceiving by influencing the ovulation, hormone, and the fallopian tubes but the opinions on this issue are divided. However, research on this topic mostly indicates that, though caffeine can give you a kickstart in the morning, it can have quite a reverse effect on your efforts to conceive.
How intake of excessive caffeine reduces your chances of conceiving?
The fallopian tubes are responsible for carrying the eggs from ovaries to the uterus by rhythmic movements and too much caffeine can affect this movement and cause disruption in the journey of the eggs. Moreover, consuming more caffeine has also been associated with baby's growth restriction, miscarriages, and weight issues. It is preferable to get rid of caffeine altogether from your diet when you are trying to conceive but if you are an avid coffee drinker then you might want to cut back or replace your caffeine intake with milk and syrup which is far more healthy and beneficial.
Which foods and beverages do you need to avoid?
There are so many caffeinated foods and beverages, that it is almost impossible to avoid them. But it is better to take note of them so that you can regulate your caffeine intake. Coffee, tea, soft drinks, energy drinks are obvious sources of caffeine as they are supposed to give you energy. Some herbal teas also contain caffeine. Chocolate, ice creams and candies with coffee flavors, over the counter drugs for allergies, cold and headache also contain caffeine so it is important to read the ingredients list before consuming any of them.
To higher your chances of getting pregnant, it is important to cut back on caffeine. Most doctors are of the opinion that exceeding 50 mg of caffeine intake daily can seriously hamper your chances of conceiving.