Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sushila AppachuYour feedback matters!
When is the best time to have unprotected sex with my wife, considering pre and post menstrual cycle.
I am pregnant and I have a low progesterone level. I did orgasm for several times. Will that harm the child?
Yesterday I had sex During the oral sex, I ejaculated into her mouth nd she swallowed it. After that she is suffering from vomitinga nd slight abdominal pain. Why is it so doctor. Pls help sir.
Hello Doctor! My age is 31. Trying for pregnancy but no luck. I have recently started walking and doing some fertility yoga exercises as I am having Ovulation problem. What else can I do to improve ovulation without medication pills.
Dear sir/madam, we are also facing same problem. We regularly doing sex thrice a day since last 2 month but still there is no sign of pregnancy. Should I consult to doctor or wait for someone time. And please suggest us tests which we can do.
I am a 24 yr old girl who is type 1 diabetic for the past ten years.In future during pregnancy will I have any critical complications even though my sugars are well controlled.
I am in a pregnancy treatment for 4 months. I have taken medicines like folic acid, evatone ,siphene, and conseval. previous month I hav done a hysteroscopy. Hysteroscopy findings are:- Uterus adherent to right pelvic wall. My right tubes and right ovary was not visualized. Left tubes and ovary visualized. Left tube appeared unhealthy endometrial spots seen in POD. Same electrofulgurated. Chromopertubation done. Slow fill and spill seen on left side. Irrigation done. Ports removed under vision. If it possible for me to get pregnant without higher treatments like ivf .what should I do next. please give me a suggestion.
female, 42 yrs, 2 sons, 13 and 7yrs, I have been diagnosed as having fibroids, I need suggestions, as my gynaec told me to go for surgery.
Also known as Posterior Prolapse, Rectocele involves weakening of the walls between vagina and rectum, thereby, causing the rectal wall to swell and protrude into the space of the vagina. This bulging is a common, but temporary problem that arises after childbirth. In severe cases, the swollen tissues may extend out of the vaginal opening and usually cause more discomfort than pain.
What are the most common causes for Rectocele?
- An upright posture places a lot of weight on the pelvic region, which is probably the most important cause for Rectocele or Posterior Prolapse.
- Constipation is also a very valid reason for Rectocele because it causes straining of the connective tissues that separate the vagina and the rectum.
- Constant heavy lifting and indiscriminate increase of body weight may also put a lot of pressure on the pelvic region that could ultimately lead to weakening of rectal and vaginal tissues.
- Weakening of vaginal passageway due to pregnancy and childbirth is also a common reason for Rectocele development.
- Chances of developing Posterior Prolapse increases with age.
Physiological problems posed due to Rectocele
- Passage of bowel becomes difficult and may sometimes require pressure on the vaginal bulge.
- The protrusion of tissue takes place from your vaginal opening, when you strain while passing bowel. This usually happens in people with constipation.
- This disorder may also induce a sensation that the bowel tract has not been fully emptied even after passing stool.
- Such vaginal bulging also causes difficulties and embarrassing concerns during sexual intercourse.
Medical recommendations and preventive measures to tackle Rectocele
- Home made remedies and exercise are usually effective. Performing exercises help re tighten the pelvic muscles and tissues, thus reversing the effects of Rectocele. Vaginal pessaries or rubber rings, inserted into the vagina, can also support loose tissues and keep them in place.
- Surgical procedures are hardly needed in most cases of Rectocele. But if the issue is chronic, you may opt for removing the protruding tissues by surgery or strengthen the boundary between vagina and rectum by a mesh patch. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My wife aged 34 years was suffering from anemia last year had been on medicines since 1 year recently did her checkup TSH value is 7.52 and haemoglobin is 12.3 problem in conceiving prescribe medicine ASAP thanks.
I had sex on 3 december but my partner ejaculated outside that is he did not go into the vagina but I took I pill on 5 th december But since then I am experiencing stomach ache and today had light bleeding? What is it indicative of.
Hi doctor I am missed my periods 2 month I am pregnant is doubt .but not for this baby in family situation so kindly request verify consult me please.
Hi I am taking Novelon 21 day pill from june. Missed second last doubled with the last, break of 6 days from 2-7 july. Menses from 5-7july. New pack from 8th july. Protected intercourse but condom used thrice on 9th july (first timw intercourse) Next fully protected on 14th july (last intercourse) Missed 21st july pill doubled 22nd july night. Light bleeding on 22nd july morning (breakthrough bleed or implantation bleed?) Pill ended on 28th july menses from 1-6 aug. Negative hpt at 4,5,6,7,8,11,12 weeks all negative hpt done with first morning urine with different brands. No pills or intercourse after 1-6aug. Periods due on 1st sept as it dint came did a usg and hcg beta on 8th sept (10 weeks from first and 9 weeks from last intercourse) Hcg was 0.11 and usg shows pcod (no mention of pregnancy) Dr. Prescribed deviry 2 tab for 5 days for withdrawal bleed. But after taking just a single dose bleeding started from 11-16th sept. It was heavy. On 21st sept morning when I woke up I can feel my pelvic bone in the front (can it be due to exercises like crunches leg rise etc with weight loss? I was 72 in july 70 in aug and now I am almost 68 kgs) and after continuous touching I made it hurt. Scared went for usg on 21st sept (12 weeks ftom first and 11 weeks from lasr intercourse) Usg only showed bulky ovaries with pcod. I asked him if my uterus was normal he said its absolutely normal. Usg was transabdominal. The hardness yet not gone. Moreover m fln gassy all the time and I cn feel sensation under my rib and back and m passing lots of gas. M worried too. Finally ve taken an hpt with first morning urine at almost 12 weeks 6 days. And its negative. Can their still be risk of pregnancy? My menses was due on 11th october and it is now delayed by 5 days. I did not have any intercourse after 14th july. M not experiencing any pms symptoms. Moreover egg white cervical mucus is seen at various point of the cycle. Moreover m having runny nose. Suddenly. Is their any risk of pregnancy? Do I need to redo hpt or BHCG test? M I 100% safe?
Facing problem In periods. Last 2-3 months I don't have periods. Its painful. No perfect timing in periods please help.
deviry 10 mg for 5 day. Is it harmful for future my gf height is 5 ft and weight is around 45 kg id this medicine creates any problem for future period and her age is 21.
When you decide to donate an organ that could make someone normal again, you are actually giving the gift of life, even after you are long gone. Organ donation is the preservation of organs after someone's death, and a cause supported by many people around the world.
Read on to find out everything there is to know about organ donation!
- What is Organ Donation?: Organ donation is the process of pledging your organs through recognised institutions, so that the same may be used after your demise. This pledge usually allows the transplant of healthy organs as well as tissue that can be used to benefit someone who has been going through life without the said organs or without properly functioning ones. While some donations like the kidney as well as some part of the lungs can be done while the donor is still living, most of these transplants happen after the person's death.
- Types of Donation: There are three ways in which one can donate organs. The first is brain stem method where the person's brain activity has stopped due to an injury. In such a case, the heart and other organs may still be working due to life support system like a ventilator. The next method is circulatory death where a cardiac arrest gives rise to the complete loss of function in one's heart and lungs, which can lead to a state where the person cannot be revived. The third kind is living donation like kidney transplant or a small section of one's liver or lungs.
- Importance of Organ Donation: The importance of organ donation cannot be stressed enough. This potentially lifesaving act can help in bringing back someone's sight or give them a heart that beats normally. With organ donation like kidney transplant, one will not need to go through dialysis again. Also, organ donation can save much time, money and effort in painful treatments and give the person a whole new lease of life. It is also important because it ensures that the vital organs are used by a needy person even after the death of the donor.
- Importance of Physical Health: The physical health of the person is important in such cases because the donation should not have negative implications for the wellbeing of the patient. Through a system of donor assessment, the donor is checked for infections and other ailments including HIV so that the same are not passed on to the patient.
- Organs that you can donate: Starting from the eyes to the kidney, lungs, heart, pancreas, intestines, bones, as well as bone marrow and even the skin and corneas, one can donate a number of organs.
For any advocate of a healthy diet plan, fruits shall always feature as the protagonist. Replete with essential body nutrients, fruits are indeed an important source of body fibers, essential salts and minerals. While the general assumption bids fresh fruits as the healthier alternative, dried fruits too have their fair share of health boosting properties.
However, before you can settle for one over the other, there are certain parameters that need to be inferred closely. It is only by comparing and contrasting the benefits derived from both fresh as well as dried fruits on basis of these heads that we can arrive at a given conclusion.
1. Nutrient density: Since fruits are by and large dense with health boosting components like nutrients, their calorie content on a relative scale is less. One advantage that fresh fruits have in this context is the water proportion in them. Due to the extraction of water from the dried fruits, calories get concentrated alongside the nutrients. This may prove disadvantageous for those trying to cut down the kilos. Fresh fruits on the other hand could benefit them as a sustainable source of energy.
2. Sugar content: When it comes to the density of glucose, fresh fruits and dried fruits, both are at par, essentially. At a given serving size, the sugar content of both varieties do not reflect much of a difference. Although the water content induces a sense of fullness and reduces the subsequent hunger pangs, consumption of fresh fruits also imparts volume.
3. Vitamins: Fresh fruits are extremely beneficial to deal with the problems of dehydration. They are laden with vital vitamins like A, B and C. Therefore, to beat the heat, nothing is as therapeutic as fresh fruits. Contrarily, dried fruits are deprived of their water content, which sometimes compromises their vitamin content since these vitamins are generally heat-sensitive. It also sucks out all of the folate in dried fruits. However, intake of apposite amounts can help in replenishing the vitamin levels that are obtained from the dried fruits.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.