Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Dengue fever is a painful mosquito-borne disease. It is caused by any one of four types of dengue virus, which is transmitted by the bite of an infected female Aedes aegypti mosquito.
Previous dengue infection with similar serotype provides immunity but different serotype causes more severe infection.
Common symptoms of dengue include high fever, runny nose, a mild skin rash, cough, and pain behind the eyes and in the joints. However, some people may develop a red and white patchy skin rash followed by loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, etc.
Patients suffering from dengue should seek medical advice, rest and drink plenty of fluids. Paracetamol can be taken to bring down fever and reduce joint pains. However, aspirin or ibuprofen should not be taken since they can increase the risk of bleeding.
The risk of complications is in less than 1% of dengue cases and, if warning signals are known to the public, all deaths from dengue can be avoided.
Best test is NS1, specific
Cannot be false +ve
Is + from day 1 to 7 ideally.
If on day 1 is -ve, repeat it next day.
Always ask for ELISA based NS1 tests as card tests are misleading.
IgG & IgM dengue
In a pt with reduced platelets and looking "sick" on day 3 or 4 of illness, a very high titre of IgG with borderline rise in IgM signifies secondary dengue. These pts are more prone to complications.
In primary dengue IgG becomes + at end of 7 days, while IgM is + after day 4.
Immature Platelet fraction (IPF)
A very useful test in Dengue for patients with thrombocytopenia.
If IPF in such a pt is > 10%, despite a platelet count of 20, 000, he is out of danger & platelets will rise in 24 hrs.
If its 6%, repeat the same next day. Now if IPF has increased to 8% his platelets will certainly increase within 48 hrs.
If its less then 5%, then his bone marrow will not respond for 3-4 days & may be a likely candidate for platelet transfusion.
Better to do an IPF even with borderline low platelet count.
A low Mean Platelet volume or MPV means platelets are functionally inefficient and such patients need more attention.
The primary cause of death in patients suffering from dengue is capillary leakage, which causes fluid deficiency in the intravascular compartment, leading to multi-organ failure. Platelet deficiency is not the cause of death in most of the patient suffering from Dengue .
According to International guidelines, unless a patient’s platelet count is below 10,000 or there is spontaneous, active bleeding, no platelet transfusion is required. The outbreak of dengue in the City and Hospital beds are full and families are seen running around in search of platelets for transfusion. However what most people do not realize is that the first line of treatment for dengue is not platelet transfusion. In fact, it does more harm than good if used in a patient whose counts are over 10,000.
At the first instance of plasma leakage from the intravascular compartment to the extravascular compartment, fluid replacement amounting to 20 ml per kg body weight per hour must be administered. This must be continued till the difference between the upper and lower blood pressure is over 40 mmHg, or the patient passes adequate urine. This is all that is required to treat the patient. Giving unnecessary platelet transfusion can make the patient more sick.
“While treating dengue patients, physicians should remember the ‘Formula of 20' i.e. rise in pulse by more than 20; fall of BP by more than 20; difference between lower and upper BP of less than 20 and presence of more than 20 hemorrhagic spots on the arm after a tourniquet test suggest a high-risk situation and the person needs immediate medical attention.”
Read WHO guidelines for further fluid management strategies & Hematocrit monitoring.
Hi sir my wife's watery discharge from right side breast.We are already checked by mammography there are normal .And consult 2 doctors last 1year M.D. Gynocologistl. But no change.
Her period happened on 18 to 21 June 2016 n it happens again on 28 n 29 June 2016. Is there any problems? So pls suggest n what is the possible reason?
Helo Dr: Kindly help how to tighten the vagina. Actually when I don't discharge my hubbybis not able to intercroos but in discharge he is able to but we don't enjoy tht moment much. So kindly help how toh tighten it.
Everyday you’ll hear about a new fancy ‘superfood’ that you absolutely must include in your daily diet. Some would ask you to gorge on goji berries, while some would advise bingeing on bee pollen (!). All this can get a little overwhelming for the average Indian individual. The good news is that there are certain everyday superfoods you can get from your local mandi.
Here are six of them you easily could and absolutely should include in your cart to guarantee a healthier and longer life without burning a hole in your wallet at an expensive gourmet store.
1. Carrots: Carrots are your best source for a healthy intake of Vitamin C, beta-carotene (Vitamin A), magnesium, potassium, and other antioxidants that are essential for the functioning of your immune system. Plus the good thing about carrots is you can have them anyway you want - so sauté them as a part of your mixed vegetables or feast on your favourite 'gajar ka halwa.' The choice is yours. One raw carrot a day is ideal.
2. Coconuts: An excellent source of essential fatty acids, raw coconuts are equipped with quite a few health benefits. They are anti-microbial food and natural hormone boosters. The other good thing about them- they don't add to your weight. Coconut fat is used by the liver for the production of energy, thereby keeping your weight in check. Raw coconut shreds, raw coconut butter and coconut flour are the forms in which you should consume this superfood. Although if you’re already obese, you should avoid consuming coconut as it has a high calorie and saturated fat content.
3. Apples: 'An apple a day, keeps the doctor away' did not become so popular without cause. High quantities of pectin, potassium and Vitamin C make it a superfood you just can't ignore. Apples are known to keep your heart healthy, lower your cholesterol and body weight and improve your mood. Plus, they keep you fuller for a longer time than unhealthy processed junk food. A fun fact you must know- the tarter the apple, the better it is for you as it contains more antioxidants. 3 apples a day are good to keep you healthy always.
4. Bananas: The superpower of bananas lies in its tryptophan content. Tryptophan is an amino acid that converts to serotonin. Serotonin is a brain neurotransmitter that improves your mood, so you should be sure to add it to your grocery list next time. Potassium and Vitamins B and C further make it a superfood you must try. Have it raw or make a smoothie for yourself to enjoy its benefits. Just like apples, 3 bananas a day are good enough.
5. Dark Chocolate: At the end of a hard day, it is important to treat yourself. So why not go for a healthy dose of dark chocolate? Dark chocolate is full of antioxidants, and is currently creating buzz in the medical world that it might be helpful in preventing cardiovascular disease. Do you need more reason to indulge?
A word of caution: Be careful with your consumption of dark chocolate, specifically if you suffer from cardiac disorders or have a high cholesterol. Its high calorie content is not good for those who are overweight either. It is advisable to have no more than 100 gms of dark chocolate in a day.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I had intercourse on 29th Jan and was dur with my period cycle on 20th Feb. But was late. I took homeopathic medicines but had only mucus and spotting. I also had low BP recently. I am 20 and have never missed my cycle except once when homeopathic med helped. If there is a chance of pregnancy, I need to terminate it ASAP.
I'm one month pregnant but I'm also having UTI infection due to which I'm having lot of side pain two weeks ago I had urine test there 20-25 pus cell present in there this side pain making me uncomfortable feel nauseated every time not able to eat properly and also lower back pain is there what treatment I should take cure this and avoid this in future.
I m pregnant for 22 week. My cervical length is 37 mm. Dr. Told me take rest. Is there something wrong or any problem with my pregnancy.
I am in my my 6.5th month of pregnancy, my TSH is 1.73 n in one of garbh sanskar lecture it is informed that TSH should be 3 for baby to be intelligent so what should be TSHlevel.
Diabetes refers to a medical condition where the glucose level in your blood increases. It usually happens if there is an excess amount of glucose in your body and your body is unable to utilize it efficiently. In this condition your pancreas either stops producing insulin or fails to produce the requisite amount and hence prevents glucose from entering the cells of your body.
This in turn affects your blood glucose level. Millions of people around the globe are affected by diabetes irrespective of their gender or age. For most people diabetes is generally a lifelong medical condition and can affect your health seriously if it gets severe.
There are many stages and types of diabetes, such as Type 1 diabetes, Type 2 diabetes, Gestational diabetes, Pre-diabetes, Diabetes Mellitus and Diabetes Insipidus. Not all diabetes can be prevented but some of the above mentioned ones can be prevented with proper care. Below mentioned are eight tips to prevent diabetes
1. Eating the right portion: The primary key for preventing diabetes is choosing the right amount of food. Eating the right portions can help you to stay away from diabetes. Consider seeking advice from a nutritionist or dietician for knowing the exact portion size you should eat according to your age.
2. Exercise on a regular basis: Exercising regularly for at least half an hour a day can help you to prevent diabetes. You may consider walking or running exercises.
3. Choose the right food: Opt for whole grains as this can help you to maintain your blood sugar level and keep diabetes at bay. Also, try and avoid red meat as it contains high levels of iron which can affect insulin production and increase your chances of developing diabetes.
4. Get rid of obesity: If your BMI is more than thirty then you are suffering from obesity. Obesity increases your chances of developing diabetes. So in order to prevent diabetes you should work at maintaining a balanced weight.
5. Avoid carbonated drinks: Carbonated drinks contain high levels of sugar. This can increase your chances of developing diabetes. So you should try and avoid drinks like colas.
Following the above mentioned tips can help you to avert diabetes.
After a 6 months of marriage even till now I have pain in my vagina while having sex .pain as a virgin but I had sex for more than 3 times still it pains.
5th month pregnancy. Low lying placenta not there in 12 weeks pregnancy scan. But observed in 19 weeks pregnancy. What is the reason?
I am now 7 months pregnant, to me daily early morning some 3,4 drops white water is coming out .Its normal or any problem, please suggest me.
Hi I'm 36 years I have pcod problem & hypothyroidism so I tk medication for thyroid. But I don't take any medicine for pcod, as we r going to take ivf treatment soon I'm worried that due to pcod problem is there any chances of abortion when I get pregnant as my 1st ivf treatment was unsuccessful.
I have a small lump or could be pimple in the lips of my vagina it is painless it occurred a week back? Please tell me what treatment I should take.
I have done serum beta hcg blood test today .as my period date was 8th n I was not getting in period. Reports are negative. Which is showing that I m.not pregnant. So wht should I do now to get into periods. N if reports are negative. Is there any chances of getting pregnant. Is it the perfect test to get sure about pregnancy?
Nutrition is the best option for today if you don't want to consume lots of medicines tomorrow.
If the diet is not good, medicine is of no use and if the diet is good, then medicine is of no need.