Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Surya NarayanYour feedback matters!
Hello there I've been suffering with typhoid since a week. Ive been using medicines as per my doctor advice. As I had head bath today I had severe hair loss. Im scared a bit now. Is it normal? And how long does it take to get back to normal. Thank you.
I am 21 years old I have one side stomach problem since 2 years why one side stomach problem can you tell me and my name is rammohan reddy can you tell.
I am 32 years old I was married 4 years and at that time I was suffering from varicocele (vericose veins) and after that I got operated and right now am ok but I and my wife we both are trying for children and untill we didn't got success what we should do please help right now we both are ok.
Hi I am saurav my sister is having high fever from five days. She also has body pain. She is having difficulty in breathing also. I want to know that what is this.
मैं 63 वर्षीय, 3 वर्ष डायलिसिस करवाने के बाद 2013 में किडनी प्रत्यारोपण करवाया तब से मुझे शूगर की शिकायत है इन्सुलिन लगनी पड़ती है डॉ ने कहा था इन्सुलिन बंद हो जायेगी पर अभी भी मेरी शूगर100- 200 रहती है साथ ही टेबलेट भी लेता हूँ क्या मेरी इंसुलिन से छूट सकती है या आजीवन लगानी पड़ेगी।
Respected Doctors, please be inform you that my entire family was suffering from fever chikungunya with low platelet count & heavy joint pain, now condition is in control but joint pain & weakness, laziness is still there in body. Please suggest how to recover from with the help of HOMEOPATHY TREATMENT. HOPE TO GET POSITIVE RESPONSE.
Hi I have a feeling that my testes are a little bit slacky and I had premature ejaculation . And I feel Little bit older than my age.
What is the best diet for diabetic patient as the patient have fasting sugar 130 and pp 180. Please share if there is any medicine.
I want to increase my sex time it's low .around 1 minutes or 30 seconds. 3 year back I have taken a weight gainer that might have steroids. Also last year I have IBS problem now it's bit fine. Please suggest how can I improve sex time to 2 to 3 minutes.
I am 37 yrs old. I have foot ache in the morning. Severe pain in foot. Fasting sugar is 80, U/Acid is 5.2. please suggest?
Sir jab main apni wife se intercourse karta hoon toh uski vergina mein se harmones nahin niklate. Toh kya yeh koi problem hai.
Although it is still a matter of debate within medical circles, recorded instances of symptoms in middle aged men that resemble the symptoms of female menopause are not at all unnatural and not uncommon either. Commonly referred to as male menopause, this condition alludes to the reduced testosterone level of the male body. However, this condition significantly differs from female menopause in the very fact that not every middle aged man will go through this phase or be afflicted by this condition.
What is the cause behind it?
The causes of male menopause are as follows:
- Drop in testosterone levels: The hormone testosterone produced in the testes not only regulates the sexual drive in a man, but also ushers in puberty as a boy gradually becomes a man. Testosterone secretion helps in the development of body hair, regulation of physical and emotional energy, the change in your voice and the muscular mass of the body. The reduction of testosterone occurs gradually in the male body as you reach the age of 30 and by the age of 40-45, the testosterone level falls significantly. It can drop even further after 50 which may lead to male menopause, also termed as andropause.
- Underlying physical or psychological conditions: As a man gets older, other physiological factors that may afflict his body could be hypertension, diabetes, sleep apnea and many others. These could also end up reducing the testosterone levels within the body resulting in male menopause. Depression, anxiety and even mental disorders have been attributed to triggering this condition.
What are its signs
The symptoms of male menopause typically occur at the same age as when a female approaches menopause. The symptoms are as follows:
- Decreased sex drive.
- Lack of concentration and enthusiasm in general.
- Depression and a reduced sense of self-belief.
- Infertility and problems with erection.
- Significant loss in muscular mass and body hair.
- Sudden growth of breasts and decrease in bone density.
- Body fat suddenly increases.
- Prolonged sensation of fatigue.
Corns are formed when our hands or feet try to defend themselves from some injury, forming a callused shield instead. The outermost skin comes together in a pile and forms a strong cover made of dead cells, if an area is rubbed too often. This usually happens if one is wearing ill-fitted shoes. Some home remedies to take care of these corns or calluses are:
1. Rub with pumice stone - this can be done after a shower or bath, as the skin is wet and soft now. Rub the area with a pumice stone to remove the dead cells. Don't rub harshly in a single attempt. Instead, rub mildly every day until the all the dead cell comes out. If the corn is very thick, this process might take a few weeks.
2. Apply castor oil - castor oil acts as a softener. One can either soak the area with castor oil dipped in cotton to use the oil with a cord pad.
3. Wear comfortable shoes and socks - wear socks with shoes that are comfortable and have thick cushioned soles. Ensure that your shoe fits you well and that it is wide enough for your toes to be placed comfortable inside.
4. Use bread mask - rub the corn slightly with the pumice stone so that the loose dead skin falls off. Soak a piece of bread in half a cup of apple cider vinegar. When well soaked, put the piece of bread on the corn, wrap it with gauze and secure it with an adhesive tape. The bread can also be mashed into a paste.
5. Lemon and olive - miss a couple of tablespoons of lemon juice with two teaspoons of olive oil. Add to this, some baking soda to form a thick paste. Apply this paste on the corn and cover it with gauze.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
I am 19 now and I have a smaller penis size. Give me some suggestions to increase my penis size. What should I do. My penis size is 4 inches which according to me is smaller in my age group.
World Hepatitis Day or WHD takes place every year on 28 July and it is designed to raise awareness about viral hepatitis and to influence real change. WHD, endorsed by the World Health Organization, unites patient organisations, governments, medical professionals, and civil society, as well as the public, to boost prevention measures for fighting viral hepatitis like vaccination.
In the simple terms, hepatitis means injury to your liver due to inflammation. There are five main types of hepatitis and the type that you are suffering from is determined by a laboratory test. All the five main types of hepatitis are caused by viruses. Out of the five, Hepatitis C and B are quite big. Globally, around 250 million people are affected by hepatitis C and 300 million people are estimated to be hepatitis B carriers.
Fact sheet on hepatitis
- Hepatitis A & E is caused by consuming contaminated water.
- Hepatitis B, C and D is transmitted through infected blood to blood contact.
- Hepatitis C is usually spread via direct contact with the blood of an infected person.
- The initial symptoms of hepatitis are the same as those of flu.
- Hepatitis can heal on its own causing no significant liver damage; however, if it progresses, it can cause extensive liver scarring and extensive damage of your liver.
Most liver damage is caused by 3 hepatitis viruses, and these are hepatitis A, B and C.
How do you safeguard yourself against infection from these three dangerous hepatitis viruses?
The most common cause of concer is that a lot of us who are infected with hepatitis, especially hepatitis B don’t know that we are. The biggest bulwark against hepatitis is periodic testing and vaccination. Vaccination is available for most hepatitis viruses including A and B, which tend to be extra virulent.
So, do take care and go for periodic testing. We are reiterating this because if you are infected with hepatitis B and are not treated you can develop serious problems of the liver, including liver cancer. In fact, nearly 1 in 4 people living with hepatitis B develop serious liver problems including liver cancer. Hepatitis B related liver cancer is a leading cause of fatality and getting tested for hepatitis can help you access life-saving treatments that can prevent serious liver damage.
Other ways to prevent hepatitis are
- Wash your hands with soap after using the toilet
- Only consume freshly-cooked food
- Only drink bottled or boiled water
- Only eat fruits that can be peeled. Don’t eat fruit that has been cut and kept
- Avoid eating raw vegetables
- Vaccinate yourself against hepatitis A if you travel a lot.
- Practice safe sex by using condoms
- Only use new syringes for injections
- Do not share toothbrushes, razors, or manicure instruments with others
- Vaccinate yourself against hepatitis B
- Take care while getting tattooed. Only use brand new tattoo needles. Also, ask for new needles during acupuncture treatments.
- Avoid sharing toothbrushes, razors, and manicure equipment
- Cover open wounds if you are infected
- Don’t share needles. Always ask for fresh needles.
- Use only well-sterilized equipment for acupuncture, piercing, and tattooing etc.
- Cut down on alcohol
- Do not share drug needles
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.