Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Suri Raju VYour feedback matters!
I am having painful urination and burning sensation. Due to this irritation I am having head ache n feeling weak too. Need help. What should I do.
A kidney stone is a hard, crystalline mineral development, which forms within the kidney or the urinary tract. It is called nephrolithiasis in medical terms. Kidney stones occur due to the decrease in urine volume or due to an excess of substances in the urine which are stone-forming in nature. Dehydration is considered to be a primary risk factor for kidney stones too.
Causes of kidney stones:Kidney stones develop when the urine contains increased amounts of crystal forming substances. They include calcium, oxalate and uric acid in amounts which the fluid in the urine cannot dilute. Your urine may also lack the substances which help in prevention of crystals from sticking to each other, thereby enhancing the conditions for kidney stones to form.
The balance of your urine can change due to several factors:
- Not drinking sufficient amount of water makes the salts, minerals and other substances present in the urine to stick together, which may lead to the formation of a stone.
- The normal urine balance may get disrupted due to several health conditions, which lead to kidney stone formation. Diseases such as gout or certain inflammatory bowel diseases can also cause kidney stones.
- Many cases of kidney stones are hereditary and run in families, affecting family members over many generations.
- A rare cause of kidney stone formation is the overproduction of hormones by the parathyroid glands, which results in increased levels of calcium leading to calcium kidney stones.
Types of kidney stones
Kidney stones are of different types, which occur due to several, different causes. They are as follows:
- Calcium stones: Calcium stones account for being the most common form of kidney stones. They occur due to excessive calcium in the urine. This may happen due to an inherited condition known as hypercalciuria, the overreaction of the parathyroid gland, kidney diseases, several cancers or from a condition known as sarcoidosis. The stones may be large and smooth or rough and spiky.
- Struvite stones: These stones are caused due to infections. And they usually occur after a urinary tract infection. This form of kidney stone is more common in women though.
- Uric acid stones: These stones occur due to large amounts of uric acid in the urine. It may occur from having a high protein diet, from a health condition called gout or from a hereditary condition where the amount of uric acid in urine increases.
- Cystine stones: These are rare kidney stones and occur due to a hereditary health condition known as cystinuria.
Kidney stones occur due to the change in balance of water, salts and minerals, which are present in the urine. Insufficient water consumption is often the most common cause of kidney stones. So make sure you drink lots of water to keep stone formation at bay. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi, I am facing problem of urine. Going for urine constant. Doc said urine infection. What can I do nw.
I have stomach pain problem for past two days. Continuation of urination for every one hour. Guide me.
From last fifteen days, at evening and night time after every 15-20 minutes I go for urine. What can I do.
Since 3 months every time when I urinate watery color sticky liquid came while my urine and ultrasound analysis is normal also I have frequent urination problem. My right testicle seems larger then left and vein came at the bottom of my right testicle which also seen swallowed. Problem in eye sight and feel weaknesses it curable I am very afraid I have this problem since three and half monthPlease please please help.
My father is 68 he is having kidney problems his creatinine is 8 can you please tell me any thing that can reduce this problem.
In a daytime suddenly I have to rush to the toilet for 2/3 times for for cleaning my bowl. It has increased recently. What is the reason behind it?
Elevated PSA I am a 75 years old. My PSA last year was 4.03 this year it has elevated to 5.83. This has me stressed and worried. My urologist has recommend I have a biopsy. I have been reading and go ogling about prostate cancer and biopsies. The more I read and learn, the more confused I get. I am 50- to get a.
I AM a 22 year boy. For recent days I have yellowish colour in my urine and body become weak. I don't have hungry and any wish for eating any type of food. What should I do?
Hi. Whenever I paas urine I feel burning sensation and little pain. Have done ultrasound todays. Reports says 8 mm calculus is seen at left VUJ with upstream hydroureteronephrosis. Both kidneys are normal. What should I do now. please suggest treatment.
How to solve kidney stone problem totally and what is the best mediation for it and us surgery must for kidney stones? Is there any home remedies for kidney stones.
Here are some preventive aspects for kidney failure