Find numerous Pathologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pathologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Suresh Roy
Submit a review for Dr. Suresh RoyYour feedback matters!
I have severe pain in my body feeling weakness since last 5 days should I go for preliminary test for dengue
There are numerous people worldwide who suffer from chronic pain. The experience can be quite annoying and painful, not only for the affected person but also for their loved ones and family members. Coping with the situation can be quite a challenge. Chronic pain can leave a person physically as well as emotionally exhausted. Thus, proper management is needed to deal with the situation better.
Causes of chronic pain
Chronic pain can be due to numerous reasons such as
- Use of wrong footwear (especially high heels in case of women).
- Injury due to rigorous and strenuous exercise.
- Unhealthy lifestyle habits, poor posture.
- Chronic pain can also result from a traumatic injury.
- Medical conditions such as Fibromyalgia (a condition characterized by muscular pain, especially in the shoulder and neck region), AIDS, Cancer, Arthritis (Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis), Multiple sclerosis, to name a few, can give rise to chronic pain. Obese people are at a greater risk of suffering from chronic pain.
- In some people, incorrect sleeping posture and the wrong choice of sleeping mattress can cause chronic pain.
- With age, a person is likely to suffer from chronic pain (age related problems and disorders).
The effectiveness of the treatment depends on the severity as well as the factors responsible for the chronic pain.
- Medications such as NSAID (Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs), Tylenol, provide relief in case the pain is not very severe.
- In severe cases, doctors may recommend the use of corticosteroid injection as well as powerful painkillers such as Fentanyl, Lortab or Roxicet.
- Certain antidepressants and antianxiety drugs such as Duloxetine and Valium respectively may also be used to improve the condition.
- Physiotherapy and Bioelectric therapy (the bioelectric therapy works by blocking the pain messages or signals to the brain, thereby relieving the pain) also bear fruitful results.
In addition to the above treatment and medications, certain changes and modifications in lifestyle habits can also help to cope with the chronic pain better.
- People with chronic pain should avoid stress, anxiety, and depression as much as they can. These are nemesis that can aggravate the pain further. Meditation, yoga, breathing exercise, are great stress busters and mood enhancers.
- Obesity is one of the underlying factors responsible for chronic pain. Maintain a healthy body weight. Eat healthy and nutritious diet, exercise regularly (even if it is only for 30 minutes). For obese people with chronic pain, rigorous exercise can prove to be harmful. Indulge in light to moderate exercise. Seek an expert help if necessary.
- Do not compromise on your sleep. Sound sleep can work wonders for the chronic pain. Follow a healthy sleeping routine.
- Refrain from smoking and drinking. These can make the situation worse.
- Gentle massages can help relieve the pain to some extent. Again, it is advised to seek an expert guidance.
- Alternate medications like Chiropractic and Acupuncture have helped many patients with chronic pain.
- Avoid doing very strenuous physical activities.
- Join a support group. You will not only feel better but will also be able to deal with the situation better.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Cervical spondylosis is a medical term that indicates the wear and tear of the spinal discs of the neck. With the shrinkage and dehydration of the discs, evident signs of osteoarthritis develop in an individual. Visible bony projections of the edges of the bones also become conspicuous. This condition is extremely common and deteriorates with age. It is estimated that an average of 85 percent of people has crossed the age of 60 is affected by cervical spondylosis. While most patients fail to identify any symptoms, but those who do reports pain, stiffness, uneasiness, numbness etc.
What are the possible causes of cervical Spondylosis?
Dehydrated discs: Discs are the cushions between the vertebrae and the spine. Once a person reaches the age of 40, through natural progression, the spiral discs start shrinking and drying up. This allows more bone-to-bone interaction between the vertebrae.
- Herniated discs: Age plays a crucial role and affects the outer covering of the spinal discs. Cracks become visible leading to a condition known as the herniated discs. This condition can press the nerve roots and the spinal cord.
- Bone Spurs: Disc degeneration leads to the production of extra bone to support and strengthen the spine. This is a misguided effort that can affect the nerve root and the spinal cord.
- Stiff ligaments: Ligaments are tissue cords that connect bones. The ligament can become stiff after attending a certain age. Some of the typical symptoms of this condition include loss of bowel movement, numbness of the hands, feet, arms etc, lack of coordination and difficulty in walking.
What is the homeopathy approach?
Homeopathy takes a holistic approach towards treatment. The remedy selection is based on the individualization theory and the specific symptoms encountered by the patient. The aim of homeopathic treatment is to ensure that cervical spondylosis is eradicated from its root rather than just eliminating the symptoms. Before prescribing a medicine, a homeopathic expert considers various aspects such as the location of pain, basic cause of the current condition, extension and modality of the pain. Some of the important medicine that can treat this condition are mentioned below:
- LachnanthesTinctoria: This medicine is prescribed to those who are suffering from a still neck and a dislocated pain. There is a feeling of chilliness in between the shoulders and the pain increases while lying down.
- Phosphoric acid: This medicine is prescribed when the pain is boring in nature. The lifting of objects sharply increases the pain and the patient suffers from occasional nerve exhaustion. The condition improves after a nap.
- Paris Quadrifolia: This medicine is prescribed when the pain moves downwards. There is a feeling of ache, bruising and stiffness in the arms and the shoulders. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!