Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SureshYour feedback matters!
On the occasion of Children’s Day this year, switch to smarter choices from entertaining toys and noisy video games as gifts for your kids. Enhance their lifestyle by making available gifts that involve constructive physical, cognitive or emotional skills. All you need to do is find the ideal gift for your little one that adds a smile on his face while teaching him something meaningful.
Maintain your own Calendar!
Gift #1- Most children like to know what day it is, how many days until a certain event, or even what the plan of the day is and so on. Some kids struggle with spur-of-the-moment plans. Gifting your little boy or girl their own month or annual planner will also make your world run smoothly. This enables them to write down their own classes, events, play dates or school days.
Benefit- A calendar would make your young one responsible enough to remember important dates and maintain his/her own schedule.
Challenging Games and Puzzles!
Gift #2- Kids love great indoor activities that pique their interests. Some are known to be constructive activities that teach your child a lot. Certain games help in strengthening mathematical skills in children like Monopoly and Payday. Memory or language games too help in adding value to your child’s mind. Rory’s Story Cubes and Q-bitz are challenging games that check and increase visual and creative skills.
Benefit- Games help in brain development and enhance problem solving skills. Puzzles increase creative and novel thinking that help in building your kid’s IQ.
Gift #3- If your children enjoy eating or cooking food, they will love this gift. All you need to do is select an easy recipe of a yummy treat and purchase all the required ingredients. To make the event a special one, set a date and time for cooking together. Baking or cooking together with your child is an ideal time to share a beautiful bond while they learn life skills.
Benefit- This special home activity will surely instil culinary values. As a whole this process would also train them to work as team and follow procedures and steps carefully.
A Micro-Library for Kids
Gift #4- Reading is a habit that mostly develops at a younger age and it’s an essential if you want your child to have a strong hold over a language. Books with a message and stories with a deep-rooted moral go a long way in inspiring the young minds. Good reads with a positive layout for kids that you can opt for are “I Believe in Me” by Connie Bowen or “On My Way to a Happy Life” by Deepak Chopra.
Benefit- Books are teachers in itself as they impart knowledge. Good books develop spoken, written, creative and cognitive skills whilst teaching your kid perfect usage of the language.
Telling the Time
Gift #5- You can check whether or not your child knows how to read analog clocks in this age of digitalisation. If you find he/she takes too long to think about it you can think of getting them a cool analog watch with three hands. This makes them want to be able to tell time on it.
Benefit- Being on time is a wonderful thing. Train your kid to be punctual at his/her growing years by gifting them the perfect time-managing instrument.
My son will complete 2 years of age in coming September. Please help me some guiding some good or healthy food for him as now a days he is not looking anything as what ever we give him he takes that from his mouth immediately and keeps crying for not eating. . He is also losing waiting because of this. Req for some relevant answer which helps.
I have 10 month baby. She has watery loose motion last night, and today morning. I gave pre pro sachet. But not stopped. And motion is green colour, why.
Both natural and homeopathic remedies can efficiently deal with lactose intolerance and thus you should check the reports of the patient for finding the best solution. You can choose any of these remedies or else can continue with both.
List of homeopathic medicines for treating lactose intolerance
- Aethusa Cynapium: The medicine helps in the digestion of milk so that unwanted stomach aches can be easily avoided. On the other hand, health condition of the kids can also be improved to a great extent using this medicine. Loose tools or green colour diarrhea due to dairy products can be prevented with care.
- Apis Mellifica: Milk allergies can be easily cured with this medicine and thus kids are often prescribed the drug by a homeopathic expert. A few symptoms are found in kids due to lactose intolerance like breathing difficulty, body itchiness, redness, swelling, skin rashes and others. All these symptoms can be treated by this homeopathy medicine.
- China Officinalis: This medicine is mainly prescribed to those kids for whom Apis Mellifica is not the suitable one. Flatulence, belching and bloating can be properly controlled or regulated by taking this drug regularly. Excessive mucus formation, chest's rattling sound and excessive coughing might occur with dairy intolerance and these symptoms might get severe. This is the reason the doctors often prescribe this medicine as the best option.
A few natural remedies for treating lactose intolerance
- Probiotics: These are specialized bacteria that not only help in improving digestion, but proper nourishment can also be gained.
- Coconut milk: This is now considered as one of the leading substitutes for different dairy products.
- Apple cider vinegar: Lactose intolerance signs can be completely eradicated along with the maintenance of body balance by consuming apple cider vinegar regularly. This is a natural product, and thus you can take the same regularly without taking a doctor's permission.
- Fermented products: Kimchi and Sauerkraut are those fermented foods that can create helpful bacteria as a result of which the gut can be re-populated and digestive system can be regulated. The symptoms will get reduced slowly with the consistent intake of these foods.
- Yogurt: This can be taken with meals as it is enriched with beneficial bacteria that can help in digesting different other dairy products. With the consumption of yoghurt, Lactose can be broken down naturally, and on the other hand, digestion can be improved.
My child is 21 months. He hasn't immune. Often gets cold fever runny nose. Sneezing.wet cough. I gv him prescribed medicines. By doctors. Bt. I don't get any result. please suggest me am strong medicine.
Did you know that there are certain foods that increase your child's height naturally? Foods that are rich in essential nutrients such as Vitamins, Calcium, Zinc, Magnesium etc can prove to be highly instrumental in adding extra inches to your child's height. Read on...
1. Whole Grains - Whole grains are rich sources of Zinc, Magnesium and Vitamin B, which play a very vital role in promoting your child's growth during his/her budding years. Additionally, whole grains also contain calories and carbohydrates, which ensure the maintenance of proper weight in your child, imparting him/her with the requisite energy to go on throughout the day. Feed your child whole-grain breads, cereals and pastas to make him healthier and taller.
2. Milk - Milk contains calcium and vitamin D, which help in bone development during the growing years of a child, besides increasing his/her physical strength. Milk also helps in assimilating different proteins making it one of the best foods to be consumed by your child for attaining a good height. Three servings of milk, or milk products such as cheese or yoghurt, each day will suffice your child's Vitamin D and calcium requirement.
3. Fruits and Vegetables - Fruits are excellent sources of Vitamin A, which is instrumental in ensuring an enhanced rate of bone growth in your child, consequently making him/her taller. You can include carrots, mangoes, sweet potatoes, spinach etc. in your child's diet to aid his/her height growth. It's advisable to provide him/her with 3 to 5 servings of fruits and vegetables every day.
4. Eggs - To ensure that your child grows taller naturally, providing him/her with a protein rich diet is very crucial. Eggs contain ample amount of protein needed to keep your child energetic throughout the day and help him/her grow taller. One to two eggs per day is considered to be the ideal intake amount for a child.
5. Soybeans - Soybeans are rich sources of protein and help in enhancing the growth of bones and muscles of your child, which in turn adds to his/her height during the budding years. You can cook various soybean dishes or you can add ground soybean powder to the dough while making rotis to make soybean a part of your child's diet.
Although a child's height is also dependent on his/her genes, a well balanced diet containing these super-foods will increase your child's chances of growing to the fullest to attain a good height. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.