Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. SureshYour feedback matters!
I have essential tremor due to which I sometimes find problem in writing in my office specially while signing or writing nos. What to do? please advice me on this.
I am suffering from polio from 6 years and tell me what is the prevention and what is the control on this?
Sir I am 34 years female having numbness of both hands and feet since 3 days. I have done my whole body checkup that is normal. Sugar bp are normal. I am taking rupatidine 10 mg for 4 days. Is this a side effect of rupatidine or anything else.
I am getting major head attacks at night. A major migrane attacks. Please suggest me a valid medicine to get rid of it.
Sir ji. Yeh baat tab ki hai when I was 10 years old, I was playing in ground and I collapsed while playing for few minutes, my friends were saying that it was like fit (mirgi) attack, but due to fear I didn't inform my parents nor I took any medicine or checkup for same now my age is 31. In between these years I never suffered or faced any such problem now I want to know ki kya kbi mere ko future me koi neurological problem ho sakti hai kya ya should I go for some tests or not. Thanks.
I have little bit numbness in my rt hand fingers. I write much on note book. Is this bcz of writing or a brain disorder. Neurologist please advice. Some time pain in mid rt arm also.
I have pain on the left side of my head vertically. Went through brain scan der it is mentioned as HYPODENSE SOFT TISSUE SEEN IN THE LEFT HALF OF SPHENOID SINUS -LIKELY sinusitis. Does I have migraine.
I had a mild seizure when I was very young may be 5years old, doctor told my parents not to worry, so no medicine was taken. Later in my early teens also I had mild seizures a couple of times, we consulted some doctors and took medicine. Later when I was 16 years old, once when I had fever I attended college and in the class room I had a seizure. Then we consulted a senior specialist and since then I had no seizure in last six years. My doctor gave a combination of two different tablets initially for a couple of years and later started prescribing leviteracetam. I have been using leviteracetam for the last 5-6years now, 1500 mg dose once in the morning, every day. My family maintained strict secrecy about my problem in view of the stigma associated. However, they fear this may come in the way of my marriage prospects and worry all the time. I wish to know if it is possible to stop medication or reduce the frequency from one dose everyday to once in a week or so. Kindly help please.
How to treat effectively Parkinson's Disease, particularly, after 7-8 years? Are only pacitane, ropark or cyndopa only sufficient? What about psychological effect a patient, with less self confidence, can have?
I am 24 years old my hands shake whenever I tempered or angry on some one. Sometimes without any reason it shakes. Tell me what to do for that ?
I'm 22 years old and having migraine and thyroid at high level of 7.5. My weight is 71 kg. What should I do to reduce all my problems? Please advice me as soon as possible.
Pain related sleep disruption has affected a large number of people around the globe. Statistics has it that, in India, about 25% of the population suffers from pain-related sleep deprivation. Studies call it ‘the vicious cycle of pain and sleep’ as pain affects your ability to sleep and lack of sleep makes the pain even worse.
Back pain and arthritis are examples of some common pain-related medical disorders. People with these types of chronic pains have reported persistent sleeplessness or have had immense trouble falling asleep.
The following are the primary sleep disorders associated with chronic pain:
- Insomnia: It is a medical condition that is characterized by an inability to fall asleep no matter how physically exhausted you are. Insomnia can be acute (lasting for one night to a week) or chronic (that lasts for more than 3 weeks).
- Hypersomnia: It is a condition wherein you tend to sleep excessively; in this condition, you will have trouble being awake throughout the day or can fall asleep at any point of time.
- Sleep Apnoea: This is a sleep disorder wherein breathing pauses and resumes repeatedly. Risk factors include obesity, age and gender; it is more commonly observed in men. This condition can be chronic with symptoms such as snoring loudly or feeling very tired even after one has had a night’s sleep.
- Restless leg syndrome: It is a sleep disorder wherein you continuously move your legs while sleeping. However, this condition can also cause you to move your legs even if you aren’t sleeping.
Some of the causes of sleep disorders due to chronic pain are:
- Worry and anxiety
- Sweating at night
- Depression and other mental disorders
A pain and sleep disorder should be simultaneous as both the components of it, pain and sleep, are interrelated. Some of the ways people with chronic pain can still have a good night’s sleep are:
- Limiting caffeine intake
- Abstaining from alcohol and smoking, as these disrupt the sleep cycles, thus aggravating the existing pain.
- Practicing meditation and other relaxation techniques
- Pain killers or sleeping pills can be administered, but only with the doctor’s advice.
- Hot water fomentation over painful area during night, for better sleep.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.