Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Suresh Kumar V.sYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from headache from last 2or3 years. Sometimes it so painful as out of control what I do.
I am 22 years old. My sperm releases when I masturbate but when it comes to sex it doesn't come in 45 minutes of intercourse. So, please advice me whats the problem I am facing.
I am suffering from severe ed. I am only 19 year old. I masturbate daily. I don't have power in body. Give advice.
I am suffering with some fungal disease on thighs. I consulted so many doctors but it was not cured. When I was consulted to a doctor in thanjavur said that it was side infection after using the medicines suggested by that doctor also not cured. Please advise.
I am suffering from cold and cough for 3 days. My eyes are also red followed by pain. What can I do?
I am taher feeling fever for last couple of days. I took calpol but still not recovering. What should I do now?
I am suffering allergy. Sneezing and itching on throat and nose. I am currently using the table ebast 20mg. Which is giving me a 4 days cool.
Unseen blood is observed in urine analysis during my first day of treatment for pancreatitis what should I take care.
I am 60 years old woman, my sugar test results are: fasting- 340 mg/dl, sugar PP- 510mg/dl. How serious is it? Shall I take insulin?
Hi, my question is for last 10 months I have heavy pain in chest & my lung report weak so is this chest heavy in lung problem or any muscle pain? Please advise.
While pooping their is a discharge of blood from the anus. Why is it happening? And what should I do to stop it. Please help.
Swimmer's ear is a medical condition, which involves inflammation, irritation or infection of the ear. It may affect the outer ear and also the ear canal. Swimmer's ear is called Otitis externa in medical terms. The condition may be acute to chronic in nature.
Causes: Swimmer's ear is an infection that's usually caused by bacteria commonly found in water and soil. Infections caused by a fungus or a virus are less common. This condition is more common in teenagers and young adults. It may occur due to a middle ear infection or because of a respiratory infection such as cold.
Swimmer's ear can occur as a result of swimming in unclean or contaminated water. These waters contain pseudomonas and other harmful bacteria, which can lead to such ear infections. The infections are rarely caused by fungus.
Swimmer's ear may also result due to other reasons. They can be:
- Scratching the inside or outside of the ear.
- Having something stuck in the ear. When you clean ear wax with cotton swabs or small objects, damage may occur. Using headphone or ear plugs for a long period of time may also cause swimmer's ear.
- Allergic reaction to some object or anything placed in the ear may also cause Swimmer's ear. These may be hair products or jewelry.
- Some chronic skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis may also lead to this infection.
There are several factors, which may enhance the risk of getting swimmer's ear. They are as follows:
- Swimming in water, which has got elevated levels of bacteria. This includes lakes and ponds.
- People having narrow ear canals are at a more risk of swimmer's ear.
- Aggressive cleaning and scratching of the ear canal.
The symptoms which indicate swimmer's ear are:
- Itching of the ear canal. This becomes intense as the condition progresses.
- Redness on the inside parts of the ear, which get more extensive in later stages.
- Discomfort which worsens by pulling on the outer ear or pushing on the tragus of the front part of the ear.
- Drainage of a fluid which is clear and odorless. As the condition worsens, there is excessive drainage of fluid along with the discharge of pus.
- A fullness feeling in the ear and a partial blockage of the ear canal because of swelling and fluids.
- In advanced stages, fever and swelling of lymph nodes in the neck is indicated. Hearing impairment may occur.
Swimmer's ear is a health condition, which involves the ear. The ear gets inflamed because of a certain bacterial infection. Although it is not a very severe condition, in some cases it can do significant harm.