Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SureshYour feedback matters!
I was diagnosed with a bilateral varicocele 6 months ago. Suddenly I am facing with gynecomastia from past 1 month. My thyroid tests are normal. My pathology is also normal. My question is can this be a tumor. Can a high varicocele (reflux when sleeping and without valsalva) cause gynecomastia.
My husband had a kidney transplant 14 years back, now since last 4 month, his feet are swollen and now even the legs. His uric acid is 9. 60.
Hi I just had my thyroid test it's on border around 4.3 but it may increase in future can you please suggest me how to avoid thyroid in future.
My wife is sugar patient since last 8 years. She is fully active and her age is 53 years. Since last few days she is suffering knee and shoulder pain. Please suggest for her homeopathic medicine. Her fasting sugar is 150 and PP is 210 as on date.
I am 47 years male and having sugar last 7 years with thyroid problem. And feel tired and bodyache and left leg pain below knee. Please advice what would be my diet and some healthy medicine.?
From last 2 years my sugar level was 130 and now it is 150-160. what medicine should I have? Please help me.
I have sugar last three years and have seen almost all hospitals but I could not over it what should I do.
My father is a Diabetic patient. He is very weak, but I am continue his D-protein powder. It is right or wrong? please sir/madam tell me.
I am suffering with hyperthyroidism since last one year. And some times it comes to hypo thyroidism. My question is can it cure permanently.
My father are sugar person then me are sugar person or not what I do for low sugar. What I do for sugar level is come fall down.
Glucose is the primary ingredient within the body which is turned into an energy source. This is what we use when we move, walk or make the slightest movements. To metabolize glucose into energy, your body needs insulin, which is a hormone produced within the pancreas. However, if the body doesn't react to the insulin or the pancreas is unable to produce enough, glucose cannot be converted into energy and thus results in type 2 diabetes.
Symptoms of type 2 diabetes
- Sudden or gradual weight loss despite increased hunger - Many people complain that they feel hungry and eat more, but despite this, tend to lose weight. This occurs as the body cannot metabolize glucose and uses energy reserves from fat or muscles leading to weight loss.
- Frequent infections and slow healing - If you are afflicted with Type 2 diabetes, then it might affect your immune system and you may be prone to infections. Also, any cuts or bruises on your body will take much longer to heal than normal.
- Irritability and fatigue - Another common symptom of type 2 diabetes along with the other symptoms mentioned here is quick irritability and fatigue. This is because most of the body is deprived of sugar and thus lacks the energy needed to function normally.
- Constant thirst and increased urination - If you feel constantly thirsty despite drinking ample water and urinating frequently, this may be a tell tale sign of type 2 diabetes.
- Skin darkening in folds and creases of the body - Also known as acanthosis nigricans; this is a darkening of the skin where it also becomes velvety to the touch. It usually develops in the folds on skin in areas such as the neck and armpits and is a direct result of insulin resistance.
Causes of Type 2 diabetes
Some of the most common causes of Type 2 diabetes could be:
- Being overweight
- Lack of physical activity
- Genetic predisposition or family history
- If you are more than 45 years of age
- Hormonal problems such as Polycystic ovarian syndrome
Treatment or management of type 2 diabetes
In most cases, major lifestyle changes can easily keep the symptoms of type 2 diabetes in check although in certain cases medications may also be required. Some of the steps necessary are as follows:
- Change in diet and healthy eating
- Physical activity and exercising
- Regular blood sugar monitoring and
- Blood sugar medication along with insulin therapy if necessary
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.