Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. SurajYour feedback matters!
Soreness or swelling that occurs on the inner lining of the stomach is commonly referred to as Gastritis. The main characteristics of this condition include severe stomach pain, constipation, blood in the stool and diarrhoea. The development of gastritis can also cause stomach ulcers. There are many reasons why gastritis or functional abnormality of the stomach is caused, and the main causes include:
- Food poisoning
- Consumption of alcohol, fried foods and caffeine
- Intake of steroids and drugs
- Allergy to certain foods
- Physical stress due to flu or some surgery
- Unbalanced and stressful lifestyle
Symptoms of Gastritis
The main symptoms that occur due to gastritis include discomfort and burning sensation, pain in the stomach, vomiting, poor digestion, dyspepsia, acidity and headache. Some people even experience a feeling of fullness in the upper abdomen after eating food. If any of these conditions last longer than a week, it is advisable to visit a doctor to determine the cause.
- It is very necessary to adopt a healthy lifestyle and eating small and frequent meals is always better than eating large three meals in a day.
- It is always better to avoid foods that irritate your stomach and hence it is best to avoid fried, acidic and spicy foods.
- One of the major reasons behind the occurrence of gastritis is stress. It is necessary that we be trained to cope with this condition and perform relaxing activities that would calm our body and mind like yoga and meditation.
Treatment for Gastritis
It is always better to intake foods like cheese, cereal, baked potatoes, soup and chicken instead of carbonated beverages and painkillers to eliminate this condition. Aloe Vera juice can also be consumed as it is good for treating gastritis problem, and it is very important at first to start with a small amount of the juice. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Organic crops are cultivated only in safe soil, given minimum possible modifications and kept absolutely away from synthetic pesticides, harmful fertilizers and detrimental chemicals. As a result, such foods would be more beneficial to the body than the conventional ones where a hell lot of tempering and chemical spraying is done.
Following are some benefits of organic foods:
Since such foods are not grown through chemicals and fertilizers, they largely remain free from harmful ingredients. Furthermore, they are cultivated so purely and effectively that they always have a good impact on the overall health of the consumers and hence, remain in a great demand across the globe
In terms of taste, such foods are found to be far better than those grown through the use of harmful fertilizers and chemicals. Due to utilizing organic way of production, such foods are bound to taste better. They are preferred more for their dual benefits of nutrition and taste.
Safely-grown crops would be more beneficial to health than those who are grown in somewhat contaminated environment. Organic foods would be free of pollutions of soil, air and water as they are kept away or cultivated away from the harmful impacts of chemicals. And once the environment for cultivation is beneficial, the body would get the desired nutrients out of the end-products.
Organic foods are kept away from harmful pesticides like fungicides, insecticides and herbicides. Unlike conventional agriculture, organic foods would be healthier due to not being exposed to pesticides. After all, a body can only benefit from healthy produce and organic foods meet that target.
Organic foods are known for their being rich with disease fighting substances which benefits the health a lot. Such foods contain higher levels of numerous antioxidants and essential vitamins which are used to fight disease. They would have more of Vitamin C and minerals and thus, minimize chances of diseases.
I have problem regarding diabetes? So what is the precautions for the diabetes and what can I prefer for eating and tell me about exercise for lowering diabetes.
I am 20 year old there are some traces of blood (not confirm but they are red in colour) came when I spit so what can I do suggest me.
Hi, doctor. I am 25 years old men. I am suffering with phimosis. How I solve that problem. Please suggest me.
I am suffering from Diabetics since long. Still under medicine, but blood sugar level is not controlled up to the mark. It remains in the range of 180 fasting and 240-260 PP. Is there any way to control it effectively?
Migraine Clinical Picture
What Symptoms Occur During a Migraine Attack? •
Migraineurs have recurrent, severe, and disabling attacks of headache, often unilateral and pulsating, along with symptoms of sensory disturbance, such as light, sound, and odor sensitivity. Nausea and neck stiffness are other common symptoms, and symptoms can be aggravated by movement.
• Some patients experience dizziness during attacks.
• About 20–30% of patients experience aura and neurological symptoms (e.g., visual disturbances), which usually precede the headache phase of an attack.
• Premonitory symptoms such as yawning, irritability, tiredness, cravings, and difficulty concentrating sometimes precede headache onset.
What Is Migraine Aura, and What Symptoms Can Occur?
• An aura is any neurological symptom that occurs shortly before the headache attack. Visual symptoms (e.g., flickering lights or zigzag phenomena), somatosensory symptoms (e.g., paresthesias), speech problems, and rarely, motor symptoms can occur during aura.
• Symptoms usually last >5 and <60 minutes.
• Before migraine can be diagnosed, other possible neurological deficits must first be excluded.
• Cortical spreading depression (see below) is thought to be the pathophysiological cause.
What Can Trigger a Migraine?
• Shortness of sleep, irregular sleep, or too much sleep
• Stress (or in some patients, relaxation from stress)
• Alcohol (e.g., red wine)
• Caffeine (e.g., coffee, chocolate)
• Foods containing glutamate or aspartame
• Vasodilating drugs (e.g., nitrates) Epidemiology
How Many People Are Affected by Migraine?
• Women: about 13–18% of the population
• Men: about 5–10% of the population
• Numbers may be lower in Asian populations Chronic Migraine About 4% of the adult population experiences chronic headache, i.e., headache on 15 or more days a month. About half of this group has chronic migraine, and the other half has chronic tension-type headache Disorders/Abnormalities That Can Be Comorbid with Migraine
• Back pain
• Stroke and cardiac disease
• Childhood vomiting
ONLY HOMOEOPATHIC MEDICINES CAN CONTROL THIS
I am 34 years man with a healthy lifestyle. I go to gym 6 days a week and do cardio and weight workout. But from a couple of month, I am having pain in my left shoulder. At first I thought is to be a simple muscle cramp. I applied gel on the affected area and after 4 - 5 days my shoulder pain is almost gone, but the main problem is that I cannot lift more than 3kg weight from my left hand (lateral or side). I can only lift it to a certain height. When ever I tried to lift any weight from my left hand it gives me a tremendous pain in my shoulder and I cannot lift it (lateral or side). Because of the pain I cannot do certain exercises and I cannot even do normal work at ease. I jave heard that it is called Frozen Shoulder. Is it true or not is something else. Please suggest me cure for this.
Once you cross 18, you tend to lose about 1,000 brain cells every day. The brain is always at work without a moment’s rest, even when you're asleep! When you sleep, apart from letting you dream, the brain works overtime to replenish its ability to function normally in the daytime.
He has premature ejaculation problem since biginning of sexual life. What to do? which specialist is better to consult?
I only have one testicle. Is that ok? Can I have kids? Also the testicle I have (right) has a black spot, does this mean anything?
The lack of libido after pregnancy is common in women. Almost every woman goes through this phase. Apart from hormonal imbalance, there could be a range of other factors, such as fatigue, distraction and psychological fear that may contribute to it. Doctors often suggest refraining from sex for six months after the baby is born. If, however, you still suffer from a lack of sexual urge, here is a checklist that could help you to reignite the old spark.
- Communicate with your partner: Talking to your husband about sex is important. Women often shy away from discussing sex with their partner only to complicate things further. Men, on the other hand, take a lack of interest in sex from their partner as a sign of their inability to satisfy. Before things go out of hand, it is important that you communicate your feelings and explain how your body is not supporting you. This will set the expectation straight.
- Visit your doctor: While a lack of interest in sex immediately after giving birth is normal; if it continues to persist for many months following the delivery, it is time to visit your doctor. A lower libido can be a sign of other physical problems as well. Some simple tests by your doctor can easily reveal any problems that you might have.
- Address fatigue: More than 70% of the women suffer from fatigue after giving birth. This is one of the major reasons of low sex drive among women. Short naps throughout the day will help you to fight fatigue and stabilise your hormones. Enough rest will inch you towards increasing your libido.
- Try some running: Brisk walking or jogging for every thirty minutes a day will make you feel better. This will ensure that your heart pumps faster and your sexual desire doesn’t wear out. It will help you to become more active and take charge of your sex life. Jogging also helps to wipe out the excess fat that you might have accumulated during the pregnancy.
- Try a supplement: There are a plethora of supplements out there in the market to enhance your libido. From creams to natural herbs, vitamin to herb creams, the options are many. Ginseng, for instance, is a proven herb that is known to increase a women’s sexual desire. Most of these supplements do not lead to any serious side effects.
- Prepare yourself mentally: It is always a good idea to prepare yourself before the act. A warm bed, a little wine, a romantic movie will direct you to transform from a young mother to a lover. Often these little preparations go a long way in increasing the sexual drive and reigniting the old spark.
Doctor I am 24 year od and I have no stamina for long time sex drive may I have the good result about drive and satisfaction.
I am 18 years old my feet fingers have a infection problem. It increases in some seasons how to cure that problem.Please tell.
Powerful Reasons to Eat Slower:
Lose weight- A number of studies by many researchers have confirmed that just by eating slower, you'll consume fewer calories - in fact, enough to lose 20 pounds a year without doing anything different or eating anything different. The reason is that it takes about 20 minutes for our brains to register that we're full. If we eat fast, we can continue eating past the point where we're full.
Enjoy your food- It's hard to enjoy your food if it goes by too quickly. Make your meals a gastronomic pleasure, not a thing you do rush, between stressful events.
Better digestion- If you eat slower, you'll chew your food better, which leads to better digestion. This can help lead to fewer digestive problems.
Less stress- Eating slowly, and paying attention to our eating, can be a great form of relaxing. When you eat, you should eat. This kind of mindfulness, I believe, will lead to a less stressful life, and long-term happiness.
Eating quickly leads to poor digestion, increased weight gain, and lower satisfaction. The message is clear: Slow down your eating and enjoy improved health and well-being.