Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Bedwetting Treatment & Management
Treatment of Polio
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Cerebral Palsy
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Sids
Treatment of Cough in Children
Treatment of Asthma in Children
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Treatment of Birth Defects
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Dihydrofolate Reductase Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Surabhi GuptaYour feedback matters!
I have taken amoxicillin cetrizine after that breast milk production is less. Plus suggest how to increase the production.
Can I take lypolizer tummy tab before food 1/2 hr 2 times in a day when I am breastfeeding my baby who is 1.5 years age. Top feeds he takes only my milk once or twice he takes. please tell me sir.
My son is 7 months old and he is diagnosed for retinoblastoma it is in advanced stage doctor said he has to undergo for chemotherapy one cycle of chemo is already done can you pls suggest me the best doctor to cure this. I am from bangalore.
My son (1-years 8-month old & weighing 12.5 kg) has recently developed fever (100-101 F) with mild cold & cough. We have seen a pediatric doctor, who (in addition to calpol syrup) has prescribed a bunch of medicines as follows - 1) Syrup Moxclav (228.5 mg / 5 ml) 3 ml BD for 5-days 2) Syrup Zincovit 1 TSP OD for 2-weeks 3) Syrup Ascoril D 1 TSP TDS for a week 4) Econorm sachet OD for a week. However, my son seems to become quite restless (specially at night) after starting these new medicines. He suddenly wakes up at 2 AM & then plays for next couple of hours & finally sleeps again at 4 AM, which we had never faced before. By googling, I found syrup Ascoril D' should not be given to kids younger than 4-years & it also has side effects like agitation etc. Can you kindly review rest of the medicines & advise whether any of them should be stopped immediately ?
Dear Sir, I am a married person and I have one kid of 7 years old. We are planning to get other child for three or four years but in vein. After intercourse all the semen comes out from my wife. And all the day, it continues coming out until it finishes. We tried all the position, and used to put pillow also under the butts of my wife. But I use lubricant during intercourse. Please suggest me what should we do.
If your child has become increasingly addicted to sweets and other sugary items, this addiction can lead to certain behavioral problems (like mood swings, irritability, anger, etc) in children. Moreover, a high sugar intake can lead to your child falling prey to serious diseases and conditions, including diabetes, obesity and cardiovascular diseases.
Here's what you can do to break your child's indulgent habits and wean him from ill-health causing culprits like cakes, ice creams, candies, chocolates and rich and creamy desserts etc.
1. Practice what you preach -
In order to develop healthy eating habits in your child, it is imperative for you as a parent to lead by example. When it comes to weaning your child from sugary foods and sweets, you yourself should limit your intake. So, if you tell your child to avoid sweets but love sweets yourself, you'd be setting a bad example by eating them yourself and not letting your child have them. The best thing to do is to be a role model to your child as children learn everything from their parents.
2. Curb consumption of sugar by deferring intake to a later date -
Instead of depriving your child completely, it would prove to be more useful to tell them that they could have sweets on some other day. This is because if you deny him his indulgence, your child would invariably go on an eating spree the moment an opportunity arises. A study on a group of restrained eaters and non-diet individuals revealed that restrained eaters were found to consume more food than the non-dieting individuals. Not knowing when they could have their favourite foods again, they went on an eating spree.
Make frequent yet small offerings of sweets while explaining to him the importance of moderation and why he/she shouldn't overindulge but space out sugar intake.
3. Try the 90/10 rule -
Teaching older children the 90/10 principle is another sure-shot way of breaking your child?'s addiction to sweets. The rule calls for 90% of the diet to be made up of healthy food with the remaining 10% being devoted to foods your child wants to indulge in such as junk food, sweets or foods with high sugar content. The total calorie intake that arises from consumption of about 10% or 1-2 fun foods is only about 100-200 calories everyday.
4. Present your child with healthy alternatives to sugary items -
The next time your child wants to indulge in his sugar craving, instead of giving a processed sugary food, give healthier sweet foods like dates, honey or a fresh sweet fruit.
My son will complete 2 years of age in coming September. Please help me some guiding some good or healthy food for him as now a days he is not looking anything as what ever we give him he takes that from his mouth immediately and keeps crying for not eating. . He is also losing waiting because of this. Req for some relevant answer which helps.
How to increase breast milk. My son is 50%on breastfeed nad 50% on formula. Is galact granules effective?
My baby is 6 month old and yesterday she had loose motion (3 times) in a day. Her other activities are normal. Is it because of her teething or some other reason. And should I give her ORS.
My male baby is 2 years old' he is suffering from constipation and loss of appetite last 1 year and under treatment. And regularly given medicine, please advice me.
My son is 14 years old (15-01-2002. In October he took cricket coaching for 10 days. Since then he fell ill frequently. Sometimes headaches, sometimes fever. He feel weakness all the time. Dr. Please suggest me diet or supplement for him. His height 5'10. Weight 60 kg.
Crying is often considered as a good sign for babies, especially when the baby is too small to talk about how he or she may be feeling. Crying is often an indicator that the baby is hungry or sleepy. But if your baby is crying a lot, it could also mean that he or she is in pain or distress. Blocked nasal passages, sudden shock, colic and indigestion problems are some of the most common problems that can cause frequent and constant crying. Homeopathy is a holistic approach that can help in treating persistent crying when it comes to babies. Read on to know more.
- Chamomilla: This medicine can be used when the child is whining relentlessly. It can also treat fretful behaviour, as well as irritability. Also, this medicine can be used when the child needs constant carrying around and petting. When the child is never still and suffering from earache or headache, this medicine can be used too.
- Cina: Screaming children and their discomfort can be treated with Cina. This medicine can also be used to treat symptoms like moaning and coughing along with anxious behaviour. Also, when children gasp for air and end up turning pale, this medicine can be prescribed. Further, the doctor may prescribe this medicine when the child is having nightmares and not getting enough sleep.
- Causticum: This medicine is ideal for children who are extremely sensitive and cry at the smallest instance. In such cases, the child will be cranky because of the threat of pain or idea of pain, rather than the actual pain. This child will usually cry persistently because of a low threshold of pain. In such cases, this medicine can help.
- Rheum: Impatience and vehemence can be treated with the help of this medicine. In many cases the child will be cranky throughout the night and toss all night as well. The child may even be cranky with his or her favourite items and toys. Unpleasantness is usually a part of a child’s behaviour in such cases. Rheum can help in tackling this problem with regular doses.
- Belladona: This medicine is helpful for children who begin to cry violently as if he or she is in severe pain. Teeth gritting and screams are common symptoms of children who will require this medicine. This is especially helpful when the child is crying without any apparent reason.
- Aconite: When the child cries constantly and becomes anxious, Aconite can be used to help soothe the child. This medicine can also help in cases where the child is scared of falling off to sleep and is anxious.