Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. SupreetYour feedback matters!
Fibromyalgia is a condition characterised by chronic widespread body pains and increased responsiveness to pressure. Women are at a higher risk of suffering from this disorder than men. Fibromyalgia can be treated with physiotherapy, pharmacotherapy and combined efforts of physician and the patient.
Some of the symptoms that characterize this disorder are:
- Pain: Fibromyalgia is characterized by pain that has no apparent reason. It can affect different parts of the body and presents itself in different ways. Some people may experience a stabbing pain while others complain of a persistent dull ache. This pain may be affected by climate changes or stressful situations. There is reduced threshold to pain, because of certain chemical ( neurotransmitters) abnormalities in brain. Pain is generalized, felt above and below the waist, right and left-side of body, arms, legs, neck and back.
- Abnormal Sensitivity: Fibromyalgia patients are extremely sensitive to environmental changes that involve sight, sound and smell. For example, cigarette smoke can make a fibromyalgia patient extremely nauseous while loud music can give the person an instant headache. Lights that are brighter than normal can also make such a person feel uncomfortable. Patients have an abnormal sensitivity to pain, which leads to generalized aching of the body and tender points.
- Muscle & Joint Stiffness: Fibromyalgia patients often experience stiff muscles and joints without any form of strenuous activity or other reason. This may be localised to one group of muscles or affect the whole body. For some patients, this pain is worse in the morning or when sitting for extended periods of time. However, moving around does not provide any significant relief.
- Chronic Fatigue and Exhaustion: There are two main reasons for a Fibromyalgia patient to complain of tiredness. Firstly, the condition itself drains a person of energy even without overexerting themselves. Secondly, the pain and joint stiffness can hamper a person’s sleep and lead to sleep deprivation. Over time, this can become a vicious cycle of tiredness and insomnia. Chronic fatigue also affects a person’s immune system causing his or her energy levels to drop.
- Cognitive Impairments: Fibromyalgia patients also complain of a compromised short term memory. They often face difficulties recalling names of people they have recently met or other newly acquired information. These people may also have trouble concentrating on tasks for extended periods of time and experience mental sluggishness also known as fibro-fog.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Bowel disturbance is another common symptom of this disease. Passing stool may become difficult due to a combination of pain and muscle stiffness. With time, this problem can worsen unless addressed with laxatives. However, an over-dependence on laxatives can lead to further problems.
Apart from pain, patient experiences unrefreshing sleep and fatigue throughout the day. Other associated features can be depression, abdominal cramps, chest pain, tingling.
Lab Tests: Fibromyalgia is a clinical diagnosis. There are no definite laboratory tests. In fact, most conducted tests will turn out to be normal.
Treatment: Foremost important is an education of patient and caregivers, regarding nature of the disease. The patient needs to indulge in recreational activities and undergo supervised physiotherapy. There are potent medicines to correct the chemical imbalance in the body thereby increasing the pain threshold and leading to better quality of life. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a rheumatologist and ask a free question.
Sir, I was listening to classes daily for about 12 hours sitting on a chair. I am severely suffering with my back pain. What should I do to reduce it?
I am 25 years old. From past few days I am feeling something crawling on lower back and also feeling very dizzy in brain ie loss in my body balance. No any other problem.
Sir. I am diagnosed with plantar fasciitis ten years ago. Treated with hot and cold compression. Got better. Now I am wearing supporting shoes. I walk 4 kms a day. The pain increases in the evening, when I walk more. Morning pain goes away. Please suggest more so that I get more relief.
I have a backpain from 2 years because of working in office please give me suggestions to cure from it .please inform any advices.
I have got a sprain on my leg ankle outer side. I have taken out the x ray. Everything is fine. But the sprain is not going even after 11 days. Please see and give the solution.
I am 22 year old female, I found some bubble type on my hand and leg, It is not paining but when I press it little bit pain so what is the exact problem I don't know so please tell me is it a serious issue or not? And at the night I have acidity problem please suggest me some solution for it.
I am suffering from throat irritation which accompany's with occasional coughing may 2 or 3 times a day. This is continuing for almost a month. I have a severe pain in my elbow as well and sometimes behind my right side of the neck like a strain in nerve. Pls advice what to do.
My daughter having pain in legs and knees got backward although she can run walk and also jumps but every time she is crying for stream feet pain only left toe. So please give the solution she is so thin.
I am 56 year and have left middle back pain from 10 days. I have tab aroff ez, tab mysone sr and tab pan toad ddr for 7 days. Partial relief.
Hi, I am 19 year old and I dislocated my shoulder 2 weeks back and now I am wearing a sling, how long does it take to recover. And can I be able to go to gym? Please give me a suggestion.
My husband have saviour gas problem from which he has chest pain or knee pain or heal pain what should I do? He is also taking regularly homeopath medicine chelidonium.
Recently I had joint pain in knee, shoulder. My height is 167cm, weight is 60kg. Doctor advised me to check Serum uric acid. Serum uric acid level-8.7.(fasting. What is the reason behind high uric acid level. What I have to do to maintain uric acid within limit without any medication. To improve weight I am taking 100gms peanut daily. May I continue?
I am having pain in my leg, more in ankles. Sometimes there is little swelling on my face. Alsp have a problem of burping.
Hi, 8 days back I fall from a bike. I consulted with the doctor and did the proper medications. I got hurt in the fingers and toes of left foot. Till now if I give pressure on left foot while walking get hurt on the toes. But nothing have broke bones. So please suggest me some remedies.
- To postural defects, stress,anxiety,traumatic injury, more than 80% cases are due to depression,deformity and stiffness of spine.smoking,consumption of alcohol,angina factors,cholecystitis Insomnia.
- Smoking and alcohol are directly linked with neck and back pain,it causes disc degeneration of vertebrae.
- 'Respect your pain' and go for yoga and meditation to nourish vertebrae back muscle, to ease your back pain.
- Go for constant movement of back muscle,joints which makes back muscle and spine, flexible.
- Nowadays meditation and yoga has become the way of life not an exercise, please opt it.
- Rhus tox 200-6 pills thrice a day.
- Arnica mont200-6-6 pills,thrice a day.
Take, plenty of water to eliminate toxins and moisten your back muscle to improve flexibility.
Ensure,sound sleep for 7 hrs at least,in d night in d right posture on a hard surface.
Your diet be easily digestible on time, don't skip your meal.
Avoid caffeine,nicotine,alcohol,junkfood,cold intake,exposure to cold, scorching Sun.
Sitting for a long time on the table.