Find numerous Homeopaths in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Homeopaths with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Homeopaths online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sunny
Submit a review for Dr. SunnyYour feedback matters!
I am having red pimples all over my back, a few on chest, shoulders and face. It's been there for more than a couple of years. I have visited doctors a few times. It cured for as long as I took medicine. What should I do?
Sir I'm a 18 year guy but I'm underweight I want to gain weight atlist that is required sir can you pls suggest me a diet chart to gain weight in low price because still I'm a student.
Says Dr. Sanjaykapoor, senior consultant orthopedics and joint replacement surgery.
Arthritis affects over 15% approximately 180 million people in india, which is higher than many well known diseases.
While much has been said about high incidence of diabetes, hypertension, cancer and hiv in india, recent studies suggest that osteoarthritis beats them all to claim the no. 1 slot among ailments in the country.
Contrary to the misconception that arthritis only impacts the elderly, this disorder is increasingly found in the younger population.
Age is not a factor for arthritis; it can affect young and old alike. Earlier, arthritis patients would be around 65 years or so, but now the younger lot in the age group of 40-45 yrs which is normally considered to be in their golden years are increasingly turning up for surgery.
Higher levels of stress coupled with modern day lifestyles are increasing incidence of arthritis.
The best way to beating arthritis is by staying active.
The key to arthritis management is finding balance between activities and rest-exercising, as too much may stress sensitive joints, while being too sedentary can cause stiffness and immobility.
Stretching and gentle movements such as yoga are easy on the joints and keep them fluid and supple.
Exercises such as riding a bike, swimming and water aerobics keep the heart healthy and muscles strong while putting too much pressure on the joints.
Low impact exercises allow you to work your muscles without stressing your joints. Stretching often increases muscle tone and can help boost the range of motion of your joints.
Just make sure you warm up your muscles and joints before stretching to avoid aggravating joint pain and strain your muscles. By varying activities and following a well-rounded exercise routine with variety can help to maintain strength and protect your joints. Maintaining a healthy weight can reduce stress on your joints, especially weight bearing joints like your hips and knees.
In addition, this can slow down the wear on your joints during daily activities such as walking.
When you have experienced a joint injury, protecting that joint will lower the chances of developing arthritis later.
By taking care not to injure the joint again, you may also decrease the intensity of symptoms should arthritis develop later. Remember always listen to your body, stop exercising if you experience sharp pain and don't try to work through joint discomfort.
Find activities that are gentle on the body and take them at a comfortable pace.
Lastly but not the least, drinking enough water keeps the cartilage in joints lubricated so bones don't rub up against each other.
By eating foods rich in vitamin c and e and calcium, you'll help build a musculoskeletal system that can outlast degenerative conditions.
Dr. Sanjay kapoor (orthopedics & joint replacement surgeon)
Dealing with hip pain is a daunting task. The pain can affect even walking or sitting. While alleviating pain with pills and medication can keep off the suffering, strengthening the hips is crucial. Exercises are perfect means to stay off of hip pain. The following are some of the exercises that an individual suffering from hip pain can perform to seek relief.
- Lying March: This is an easy way to assuage the hip pain. Lie flat on your back. Choose a flat surface for this exercise. Bend your knees and keep your hands on the side. Stiffen your abdominal muscles, and raise one leg up to 4 inches. Hold in the position for a few seconds. Lower the leg slowly. Now do the same with the other leg. It is better to stay in this position for 30 seconds, and then move on to the other leg.
- Planks: Stand on all fours. Your back should be straight. Now, start with planks by raising one knee, and there should be no bending of the back. Stay in this position for 5 seconds. Then alternate the leg. Repeat at least 5 times. If you have been doing this for long and are confident, move to the advanced level. This involves raising one leg and opposite arm simultaneously. Stay in this position for 5 seconds. Then go back to all fours position.
- Marching on the Ball: Sit comfortably on the exercise ball. Keep your feet shoulder apart, flat on the ground. Your toes should be firm on the ground and slowly raise one heel. When you want to try an advanced level, you can raise the entire feet off the ground. Stay in this position for 10 to 15 seconds. Slowly bring the foot down and change to the other leg.
- Half Crunch on Ball: Sit straight on the exercise ball and keep your feet flat on the floor. Keep your arms crossed on the chest. You can also keep the arms on hips. Bend the hip and raise the toes to lean around 45 degrees back. Now, push your stomach muscles to get back to the original position. Your feet should not move during this process, only then your ab muscles and hip are strengthened.
- Workout for thighs: Often, it is only the affected area that we focus upon for pain relief. But one has to take care of the adjacent area too, if complete cure is what you are looking for. This is why exercising the thigh muscles is important. For this, lie on the side. Raise the leg, and try to reach a height of 6 inches. Hold for 3 to 4 seconds. Bring the leg down slowly. Repeat the same with the other side. Perform at least 3 sets of 10 repetitions. However, stop it immediately if you experience severe pain.
- Flexion: Lie flat on the back. Place the leg on the ground, and start bending it slowly. Wrap your arms around the leg. Shin area should be held. Slowly pull the leg to your chest. Stay in this position for 3 to 5 seconds. Do it 10 times. Now do the same with the alternate leg.
- Squeeze Knees: Start with rolling a soft towel. Stop when it comes to a cylindrical shape. Bend your knees as you lie back. The feet should be on the ground, and now place the towel between the knees. Squeeze the knees, and it should be hard enough to engage your butt muscles and thigh muscles in this action. Hold for 3 seconds. Release. Do again for 10 times.
When doing all these exercises, you need to be careful about two things. Always choose a flat surface to lie straight and stop immediately if you experience pain. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!