Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sunitha P Shekokar
Submit a review for Dr. Sunitha P ShekokarYour feedback matters!
Im having a severe stomach pain during my monthly menses also as per my previous ultrasound I was detected to have a cyst. I wanted to know is there a way out to get rid of the pain.
Dear doctor My is 1.5 month pregnant and since 2/3 days some white color discharge coming from her part and some small whitepiece coming. Doctor is this normal or any problems. And our doctor giving her biopreg f tab .Is this good to take ?And can I give her a to z multi vitamin daily?
Dear doctor. I am 29 years old woman with left sided tubal pregnancy. Ultrasound reports say that it is self resolving. The mass measures 2.8*1.4 cm. I took an another ultrasound today. It shows a unilocular cyst in my left ovary measures 2*1.5cm. I am scared. I want to know is this cyst cause any problems and how long it will take to resolve my ectopic gestation?
I have done with hydrotubation n Erosion on 2 nd April n my period came on 22 nd April but I forgot to take fertility medicine from 5 th day of period now I'm undergoing follicular studies can I conceive if we try or there is no use of trying? please help?
Hi I am 28 year old female. I am planning for a baby (first mom) within 3-4 months. Could you please suggest me what precautions should I have to take for this. Guide me if any necessary medicine or test, exercise, diet chart (food) require which I have to follow. Thank you.
Are you aware of the condition known as oligohydramnios during pregnancy, in which there is too less amniotic fluid? The amniotic fluid is an important part of your baby’s support system. It helps in protecting your baby and in the development of lungs, muscles, limbs, and the digestive system. The amount of this fluid can be measured via several methods. amniotic fluid index (AFI) evaluation is commonly used for measurement. When the results show a fluid level less than five centimeters, you need to diagnose yourself for oligohydramnios.
There are several causes, which may lead to low amniotic fluid levels in your body. They are as follows:
- Birth defects: Issues in proper development of the urinary tract or the kidneys lead to decreased urine production, which in turn results in decreased amniotic fluid levels.
- Placental problems: When your placenta does not provide sufficient supply of blood and nutrients to the baby, it may not recycle the fluid anymore.
- Leaking of membranes: A tear in the membrane may cause a slow trickling of fluid, or a rapid gush of fluid. The premature rupture of membranes (PROM) also leads to low levels of amniotic fluid.
- Post date pregnancy: Low amniotic fluid levels may occur during a post date pregnancy. It is a form of pregnancy that lasts for 42 weeks.
- Maternal complications: Several factors like hypertension, maternal dehydration, diabetes, and chronic hypoxia may lead to decreased levels of amniotic fluid levels during pregnancy.
The treatment for low amniotic fluid level depends on your gestational age. In case you are not full term, you will be closely monitored and your fluid levels will be observed. Non-stress and contraction stress tests may be conducted for monitoring the activities of your baby. If you are almost near full term, delivery is recommended by most health practitioners, in case of low amniotic fluid levels.
Other treatment methods that are used include the following:
- Amino infusion during labor via an intrauterine catheter is carried out. The added fluids help with the umbilical cord padding during delivery. It also helps in lowering the chances of a Cesarean delivery.
- The injection of amniotic fluid before delivery via amniocentesis is also undertaken. It is likely for the oligohydramnios to reoccur within one week after this treatment procedure, but it helps doctors to visualize your fetal anatomy and diagnose the condition.
Maternal rehydration using oral fluids and IV fluids also helps in increasing the amniotic fluid levels. It is important for you to consult a doctor for proper diagnosis so that the most ideal treatment can be prescribed to you.