Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sunitha P Shekokar
Submit a review for Dr. Sunitha P ShekokarYour feedback matters!
What is Cosmetogynaecology?
Cosmetogynaecology refers to the specialization in female cosmetic medicine and surgery. We live in an age where appearance primarily defines your personality and acts a great deal in boosting self-confidence and morale.
Since time immemorial, we have never been pleased with what have been given to us. Thanks to this trait, scientists are always looking for new ways to satisfy our needs. Don’t like your nose? Think it’s too fat? Want to look like Megan Fox?
Medical science can now do all this, and beyond!
What does Cosmetogynaecology include?
Cosmetogynaecology is a subset of cosmetic surgery that mainly caters to the needs of women and includes cosmetic procedures such as-
G-spot Augmentation: This procedure mainly concentrates on increasing the size and sensitivity of the G-spot to amplify pleasure during intercourse. It is also known as G-spot amplification
Genital area Bleaching and Resurfacing: Genital bleaching is a safe and easy way to whiten your intimate areas. As for genital resurfacing, it is a procedure to even out the appearance around the intimate area or to improve the colour on the clitoral hood.
Labia Augmentation: This procedure includes the surgical enlargement of the Labia Majora (part of women’s genitalia) in order to improve the contour or increase the fullness to make it look more appealing.
Vaginal Tightening: Several factors can lead to the loosening of the vaginal walls, including childbirth. This can reduce the pleasure during intercourse for you and your man. These treatments can be done by lasers, which are non-invasive and work wonders!
Permanent Laser Hair Removal: We all know the extent of pain that women go through in order to make themselves fuzz-free. And the amount of money that goes in doing that annually is probably enormous. Laser hair removal can permanently take care of this issue and you will be ever ready for a party.
Breast Size Augmentation or Reduction: Getting breast implants (silicone or saline) can be used to increase the size of your breasts if you are not too happy with your gifted assets. It can also be done for reconstructive purposes after undergoing mastectomy post breast cancer. On the other hand, large breasts can be the cause of chronic back pain. If that bothers you too much, you can have them reduced to your desired size.
Vaginoplasty: Vaginoplasty is a plastic surgery for both the vaginal canal and the tissues of its mucous membrane that tightens. The procedure strengthens those muscles and tissues while removing excess or damaged lining from the canal. It is specifically designed to strengthen and enhance the working of the vulva-vaginal body structures. When vaginal plastic surgery is performed to specifically construct or reconstruct the vulva-vaginal complex, either partially or totally, it is referred to as a neovaginoplasty. When the surgery is performed to specifically reshape the tissue and firm the muscles and lining of the vaginal canal for a more youthful appearance plus tighten up the canal after the stretching it endures through childbirth, then it is termed a vagina reduction for cosmetic reconstruction and is considered an elective surgical procedure.
Hymenoplasty: Hymenoplasty is the procedure to restore natural hymen to regain virginity. In simple words, hymenoplasty is repair of broken hymen or ruptured hymen and is the sure shot way to restore or regain virginity. The layered ultrafine microsurgical repair of hymen being done at Olmec leads to a normal hymen without any sign of repair and without any sign of lost virginity.
Clitoroplasty: A clitoroplasty is a surgical procedure that refines or improves the appearance of a woman’s clitoris. It can also be performed to create an artificial clitoris in men undergoing sex reassignment surgery. It is also known as clitoral hood reduction, as it can reduce the size of the clitoral hood in some patients.
Labiaplasty: Labia surgery, which usually involves labia reduction—and vaginal rejuvenation, or tightening, are becoming as common today as other cosmetic procedures. New advancements and techniques in Labiaplasty and Vaginoplasty typically lessen scarring, pain, recovery time, and show excellent results in the area sometimes referred to as Vaginal Cosmetic Surgery.
Good afternoon Till 6 months back my all test reports were normal with a TSH of 1.9 when I was operated for LEFT clavicle surgery 6 months back. Then followed by a lot of prescriptions and medications and xray for my bone healing. My bone is almost 50-60% healed till now as per my ortho surgeon. Now at present my TSH 3rd generation is 0.017 T3 is 165.53 T4 is 11.40 from which I can see that I have hyperthyroidism now. Weight loss 9 kgs in one month. Can you please explain a little bit regarding the above. I mean how I got this sickness. What all could be the reasons. What treatment I shall follow. And if the disease is fully curable or I have to stay with this medication for long or lifetime?
Can I get pregnancy after hsg? I have already done with laparoscopy 3 years back. Again my doctor suggested hsg? Wats the diffrence? Please help me.
Infertility is known to usher a lot of emotional stress in the lives of those who go through it. Often, an overwhelming sense of grief descends upon the couple who try to grapple with the sense of loss. The social and psychological ambience plays a very important role in reconciling one with the harsh reality and prepping one up for a fresh start.
While IVF has proven to be a boon in the lives of many couples, many still take to IVF as the last resort. Another factor that makes the responses about IVF rather ambiguous is the uncertainty of the results. There are numerous factors like failure in embryo attachment or uterine incompatibility that often results in a failed IVF. Therefore, before opting for this surgery, one must be mindful of the consequences.
Some of the ways, one can prepare oneself for IVF have been enlisted below:
- Informed choice: Considering IVF is a rather stressful surgery, one needs to be well aware of the stakes. Reading up about the potential risks and the details about the process, helps one to be prepared for the consequences and deal better with the trauma.
- Take good care of your intimate relationships: Since IVF tends to take a toll on not just the mother, but also the close family, it is important to maintain a strong bond of trust and compassion in the course of the surgery. Hostility and discordance adds on the stress and sometimes inflict grave health implications upon the mother. It is important to support your partner through the entire journey. You may consider professional counselling too.
- Prepare yourself for all possible situations: While the advanced technology aims to minimize any hazard, the results can often be unpredictable. You might want to adequately monitor your cycle in order to anticipate the potential problem areas and the results thereof. You should discuss these with your loved ones to avert excessive stress. It is a good idea to keep oneself productively busy in the due course to avoid anxiety. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
She had periods on 24 of june nd ended on 1 of july we are planning to have unprotected sex on 6 can she be pregnant? Is it safe days for her to have sex.
Sir/Madam My periods date goes delay. Upto 15 days. And i already checked my prgncy tst . Result was ngtv. Bt i am worry about it please help me
Getting a relaxing massage can do wonders to your overall well-being and health. Whether you want to reduce stress or simply obtain respite from aches and pains, these DIY massage techniques can help you out.
1. Massage your feet with a tennis or rubber ball
To massage your feet after a hard day’s work, all you need is a small rubber ball or a tennis ball. Place the ball of your choosing under your foot and move it backwards and forwards using gentle pressure. Repeat as needed.
2. Reduce muscle stiffness with a neck massage
If you are one of those people who sit in front of a computer all day long, you can try this massage to help loosen up the muscles of your back and neck.
Begin by dropping your shoulders, making sure they are not in a hunched position. The next step is to slowly bring your chin close to your chest and stretch your neck as much as possible. Follow this step with a pressure point application on the point where your shoulders and neck meet by using only two fingertips. Release the position once you feel your muscle is relaxing.
Lastly, in a very slow and gentle manner, roll your shoulders forward and backward. Repeat as many a time as you deem necessary.
3. Opt for a head/scalp massage to rejuvenate yourself
This massage is perfect for your head or scalp and you can do it anytime, anywhere. To give yourself this relaxing massage, you need to use the heels of your palms. Place them near your temples and follow this up by giving a gentle push to the scalp in an upward manner. Hold the pose for a few seconds before releasing. Finally, repeat the motion across the entire scalp or head section.
4. Treat your headache with a face massage
When you feel like you may be coming down with a headache, this massage can help in providing you with instant relief. Using only the tips of your fingers, draw small circles along your cheekbones, hairline, eyebrows and jaws. Follow this up with a gentle rubbing of your earlobes and ears by only using your fingertips.
5. Give the muscles of your back a rest with a back massage
To relieve your lower back from the stiffness that usually arises from sitting too long, this easy to do massage is all you need. According to your preference, you can either place a tennis ball between your back and a straight hard surface (wall) or simply place it on the floor and lie on it. While putting pressure on the ball, move it around your lower back so as to release any kind of muscle stiffness you may be feeling. Do this only for a few minutes and do not overdo it as that could worsen the pain.
Whether it’s your head, knees, feet or shoulders, there’s always an easy and relaxing massage that you can give yourself to de-stress and relax.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From the last 1 weeks I have pain on my both breast while pressing hard and both side has become little bigger.
With cricket being such a favourite sport in our country, almost everybody takes to it. What starts off as playing during summer holidays in open grounds can take more professional and committed routes with an obsession to become national and international players. It is very important to understand that it is not about the game, but about overall fitness, both of the mind and the body. It requires extreme physical fitness and focus and therefore planning a meal for cricketers is of extreme importance.
A cricketer’s diet should include the following. It would depend, of course, on how much you are playing, age, build, metabolism, etc.
- A good source of energy as everything requires energy, including standing on the field through long hours. About 40% of the diet should include carbs, which should come from whole grains and cereals. Processed foods and packaged foods are best avoided. Ditto for white rice and flour.
- Fats from nuts, seeds, yoghurt, and other dairy products is advised. Avoiding excess fat, as it can reduce agility and speed on the field, be it during fielding or running between the wickets. Fried and oily foods are a strict no-no. Grilled foods are great any day!
- Sufficient quantities of protein which can come from cottage cheese, spinach, greens, legumes, chicken, fish, and other seafood. About 30% of the diet should include proteins.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables and hydration cannot be ignored. These not just give fiber, but also give the required vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals for optimal body and mental functioning. Specifically, sodium and potassium are essential for the muscles.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol in excess. Green tea is a great substitute
- Sports drinks are filled with not just energy, but are also carbonated and sugary. Not recommended daily except for a sugar rush when playing.
- It is advisable to eat with people you play with. It helps boost each other's food habits, which could be different from others.
- On a daily basis, the foods should be spread through the day.
- Eating should be spread out as, breakfast – pre workout – workout - post workout – lunch – training – post training – evening meal/snack – dinner.
- In addition to eating, a good amount of hydration (water predominantly, can also include other natural drinks like tender coconut and fruit juices and milk shakes) is essential to keep the body and mind fit.
- The meal should be planned to ensure the body is provided with a constant source of energy instead of large amounts of sugar rushes.
- If there is a need to lose weight, this might need to be revisited to achieve the target weight. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.