Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sunitha B. TodakarYour feedback matters!
Why nose bleeding can be serious?
A majority of people experience nosebleeds at least once in their lifetimes, whether from excessive picking of the nose or a pretty hard fall. Most nosebleeds go away soon but it can get very serious if you are not careful.
Nosebleeds can be broadly classified into two types:
1. Anterior nosebleeds, which happen from the front of the nose, are quite normal and get better quickly.
2. Posterior nosebleeds happen from deep within the nose and get very serious if proper care is not provided. However, such cases are rare and happen only in extreme trauma.
What to do when a nosebleed strikes?
- to stop the bleeding, tilt your head upwards and apply ice on the bridge of the nose. This helps in stopping the blood flow quickly. You can also stuff cotton in your nostrils while doing it.
- blow your nose in order to clear the clots in the nose as they can prolong bleeding.
When does a nosebleed get serious?
- when the measures to stop the bleeding don't work. You are at risk to lose blood if you don't get medical help.
- if you have regular nosebleeds then consult your doctor immediately as it could be a symptom of an underlying health condition.
- a nosebleed can also become serious if you are having medicines that thin blood as it could make the nosebleed more severe.
- if you suffer from a blood clotting disorder.
- if the nosebleed is a caused by a trauma like a fall or an accident and you are having difficulty in stopping the bleeding, get immediate medical help.
Related Tip: Ways to Prevent and Stop Nose Bleeding
Is it give good result for increase sperm count if you had been suffering with low sperm count and U begin your first step of treatment for increase your sperm count with Himalaya speman?
I am under hypertension, diabetes, and SLE treatment for the past 4 years. My Ana report was positive (rest of the blood tests are normal), slight elevated level of esr and wbc count. The result was strong positive, homogeneous. But now the result is still positive but the pattern defers. It is dense fine speckled. Please advise how to proceed further.
My name is venkatesh. I am suffering from severe headache from two days. What should I do to get rid of this problem?
I have a daughter who is 13 year old in her menstrual cycle bleeding will be more and will have lots of stomach ache she can't even go to the school for three days can you pls help me.
What are Kegel Exercises? How can I do it? For how long shall I do daily (& for how many months) to get Long time (10 minutes or more) during intercourse? Please help Getting married this year. Please help ASAP.
I am 68 years old My lab results are as follows Test on 5/2/2016 Sugar fasting 133, PP 198 Urine appearance- straw Not detected. NAD Blood cholesterol 189 Creatinine. 1.2 Blood urea 32 Tri glycerine 182 Hdl 49 Ldl 103 Vldl 36 HB 14.4 TLC 9600 Polymo. 61 Lymp 34 Blonocyte 0.2 Eostinophil 0.3 Plaster 1.9 Eco cardiograph Situs colitis Chambers concentric LVH Valves Normal RWMA nil LVEF 60% Diastolic Dysfunction+ No pericardial Effusion IAS intact IVS intact No PDA No Sam/Ash. Please tell me anything wrong with these reports
I am 24 years old and have 8 week pregnancy and still there is no heart beat pls suggest me. Is there any chances?
I am suffering from fatigue, laziness and weakness all the time since very long time. So, how to cure it.
I have tendency of getting anal fissure if stool becomes hard. I have persisted digestive problem. I have seen many gastroenterologist but no improvement. occasionally my stool becomes hard and when stool hard then deep anal fissure occur. Usually my stool is soft but as I have persisted digestive problem so I have to take different type of medicines and as a side effect sometimes stool becomes hard and anal fissure occur. So what I should do when my stool becomes hard as a side effect of medicines so that anal fissure do not occur? I eat high fibre diet fruit vegetables still occasionally stool hard.
I am 18 year old boy I want to donate blood what conditions are required for blood donation please tell me.
I was operated for koch's spine (T8-T10) with paraplegia 6 months ago still unable to lift my back or able to sit but slight improvement in legs movements whom should I consult for second opinion or can also suggest good rehab centre.
Many patients are confused and have asked for the difference in between the two. Infact sova is herbal preparation meant for premature ejaculation and urethral discharge, while as sova chrono is a psychiatric drug meant for psychiatric disease. So while purchasing this drug, please keep this in mind that you are buying sova not sova chrono.