Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sunita
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Neck Pain
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Slip Disc
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Frozen Shoulder
Treatment of Buttock Pain
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease
Treatment of Shoulder Injuries
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Submit a review for Dr. SunitaYour feedback matters!
Does surgery for shoulder impingement the option? I am having pain in right shoulder and unable to lift arm and scratch back.
If you are suffering from back pain, you should know that the tiniest of movements can trigger the same. Back pain may occur due to several factors or reasons and it hampers your daily activities and standards of life to a great extent. However, you need to become active instead of being immobile for relieving back pain. There are several exercises which help in strengthening your back muscles and performing these on a regular basis will provide you relief from back pain drastically. Here are 7 common exercises which you should carry out:
1. Pelvic tilt: You have to lie on your back and keep your knees bend, but touching. Your feet should stay flat on the floor. By flattening your lower back against the wall and tilting your pelvis downwards, you must maintain the position for 20 to 40 seconds. Meanwhile, you must breathe slowly and deeply and then release. This stretch requires small movements for reducing tension, thereby easing your back pain.
2. Lumbar stretch: You need to sit on a chair, roll your head, chest, neck and lower back forward till your head gets between the knees. Hold the position and take deep breaths. Slowly, get back to the sitting position. Repeat this twice.
3. Cat position: You have to kneel on your fours and keep the knees and hip width separate. Keep the stomach muscles tense, arch your back like a cat does and maintain the position for five seconds. Repeat this and then allow your stomach to drop towards the floor direction and hold it for five seconds again.
4. Curl ups: For this exercise, you should lie on your back with the knees bent and your feet kept flat on the floor. Placing your hands behind the head will make the stomach muscles tense. Then, lift your shoulders, head and upper back from the floor. Do this around 10 times. This is ideal for strengthening your back.
5. Dry swimming: Begin by lying on your stomach, keeping a rolled-up towel under your belly for support. By tightening your buttocks, raise one arm and the opposite leg simultaneously. Switch your arms and legs and perform this for about two minutes.
6. Leg lift: For leg lifts, you should lie on your back with the knees kept bend and the feet kept flat on the floor. You have to press your lower back to the floor and straighten a leg with the knees aligned. After bending your leg, return to the starting position and repeat the exercise on the other side.
7. Cobra stretch: The cobra stretch is another ideal movement for stretching your tight abdominal muscles and lower back. You need to lie on your stomach with your legs extended and your palms planted on the sides of your head.
I have been suffering from shoulder pain for the last four years. I am advised to go for shoulder replacement. Is there any alternative way.
I got a deep cut on my knee of left leg. I took an x-ray but there is no fracture and after 10 days of injury my stitches opened but I am unable to lift my lower part of leg which is lower than knee. I can lift my thigh but below the knee it is not coming up. Help me out.
I have one problem that my legs are getting pain while I was riding the cycle what is the main problem that?
I regularly going to gym for two years. Recently I have very high pain in the back .i can not sit .what do I do.
I'm27 years old I have back pain for past 3 years but for the last one week I have severe pain in back bone of my hip for example when you kicked by the needle in a bone means the pain felt like that. Is there any exercise or treatment if there.
I Core Foam Roll
Core muscles are critical in most daily movements, and therefore are often overused and tight. Since the core muscles don’t bear weight, their limitations and tightness often go unnoticed. Use the foam roller to alleviate tension in the outer muscles of the core.
1.Lie on your left side with the foam roller under your mid-torso. Place your left arm on the floor to prop up your upper body, and stack your legs right over left with knees slightly bent to support the lower body.
2.Roll up and down your side between the mid-torso and hips. If you feel as pot that’s tender or tight, spend more time working that area. Perform the rolling movement for 15 to 30 seconds and repeat on the opposite side.
II Standing Half Moon
Flexibility of the spine is important for good posture and mobility. This modified yoga pose improves the lateral flexibility of the spine, but also warms up all the muscles of the core.
1.Stand tall with your arms extended overhead, palms facing together, and your feet shoulder width apart. Your core should be tight and your neck long and even.
2.Gently extend your spine by bending at the waist and reaching as far right as you can, until you feel a stretch along your left side. Hold for 30 seconds, then repeat on the left side.
TIP: If you sit in a chair all day, try a seated half moon pose to relieve tightness in your lower back and shoulders.
III Quad Rock
Tight quadriceps and hip flexors can lead to nagging injuries. The quad rock can increase the flexibility of these muscles by actively increasing their length throughout the movement.
1. Begin the stretch in a flat tabletop position with both yourhands and knees shoulder widthapart and your back flat.Rock your hips back towardyour heels while extending yourarms out in front.
2.Reach back with your hips as far as possible. Return to the start position and rock your hips forward until your shoulders are slightly in front of your hands. Feel the stretch along the abdomen, quadriceps, and hip flexors.