Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sunil ShettyYour feedback matters!
Sir my i'm suffered from flurosis I consultant many doctors all are say its treatment is costly and my parents are not allow it.What should I do? I cleaning it 3-4 time but no change please suggest me.
Hi I have tooth pain doctor said after xray there is infection need to do root canal. And gave me medicine to cure infection and pain killer. My question after infection is o? ver root canal is compulsory
Whenever I eat chocolate, I will have pain in my teeth. Otherwise I don't have, while doing brush, everyday I will get blood.
Am having toothache and gums paining since 4 days. How to recur it in home? Clove will help to recur?
Hi, I am suffering from Jaw Pain, While chewing I am feeling pain and cracking sound. Pl suggest the treatment for the same.
By birth my teeth are white but by the last two years some yellowish co lour on upper and lover teethes kindly suggest me how to remove yellowish colour ? Thanks .
I am 17 years old male and I have yellowish deposit between my teeth. I also had a bad breath. What should I do?
Last year I had oral lichen plans corrosive. It is better now. Now I have white deposit on my cheek. That is oral candidisis. My dermatologist advised me to apply tolnaftate topical solution inside the oral cavity. Whereas google says, it should not be applied inside. Please suggest. Medication.
Doctor I have problem in wisdom tooth I am not eat hard items and cool water also. And I don't have decayed tooth. And I have sensitive teeth also. And I am using sensodine tooth paste. Pls give me English medicine only to free from this problem. Paste 7 days I have problem this kindly immediately respond. Thanks. Hussain.
What are the basic charges of orthodontic treatment to minimize the gap between upper pair of teeth?
I have lost enamel on most of my teeth because of which they appear yellow and dirty. Is there any way to make them whiter and brighter?
An obvious gap between the teeth may be caused due to a condition known as Diastema. This usually manifests as space between two teeth. This condition is caused due to a mismatch between the size of the bones in the jaw and the size of the teeth. This in turn, gives rise to extra space between the two teeth and may also lead to overcrowding of teeth in the mouth. The space usually occurs when the teeth are too small and the jaw is larger. Also, an oversized tissue known as the labial frenum can cause a gap between two teeth. Let us look at the ways in which this condition can be prevented and treated.
1. Prevention: Not pushing your tongue between the teeth during the teeth growing stage can ensure that this condition does not occur. Children tend to rub their tongue along the jawline when the teeth are growing, whether it is the milk teeth or the permanent ones. This can cause a gap. Also, maintaining good oral health and hygiene can help in preventing this condition. One must brush at least twice a day and floss regularly too, in order to ensure that the gap between the two teeth does not widen.
2. Orthodontic Treatment: Braces are one of the most common ways of fixing this problem. The orthodontic surgeon will usually install these braces, which will remain in the mouth of the patient for a year or more, depending on the severity of the condition. On a monthly basis, the braces will need to be tightened so that the jaw can facilitate the movement of the teeth to close the gap.
3. Tooth Extraction: In many cases, when the braces are installed, the doctor may also have to remove or extract teeth on the sides to make space for the teeth and their movement. This is usually done when there is a related ailment like overcrowding of the teeth.
4. Crowns and other Dental Installations: Crowns, veneers as well as bonding can help in cases where the lateral incisors may be smaller than what is normal. Also, dental implants or a bridge or even a partial denture may be required in cases where extensive dentistry will be called for.
5. Frenectomy: This surgery can help in closing the gap formed by a large labial frenum.
6. Gum Health: In case there is an infection or any other problem in the gums due to implants or braces, the gum health will have to treated and restored first and then the implants or braces can be reinstalled.
One should also wear retainers for a while after the gap has closed so that it does not appear again.