Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sunil H MYour feedback matters!
Dr. it's been more than 6 months I'm having headache. Initially it use to moves all over in my head various parts then started ear pain with tinnitus sound followed with jaw and teeth pain. I tried many medicines over this 6 months but no use. Since 1 week headache is slightly reduced but having jaw pain and Ear pain and severe hair fall. Hair is not normal it's like just falling a lot. Doctor yes I do accept I'm going through a lot of personal problems since 6 to 8 months and under stress. I even mentioned it to my Dr. here he said probably Tension headache and gv medicines but it's not helping me. I developed lot of white hair, ear pain, Jaw pain, at times flashes in front of eyes and hair fall. Dr. are these signs of stress or an indication to serious health problems. I'm scared is it any Cancer or Brain Tumour? ? . Dr. one friend suggested to get an MRI done. I'm really confused. Do you think I should get an MRI done? Dr. why since 6 months my headache, ear pain tinnitus sound and jaw pain teeth pain, eye flashes or eye twitching is not reducing ? Why since 1 week I'm loosing so much hair? . Dr. I'm really scared please suggest what tests should I get done and what do you personally think these symptoms are? Please help me .
I have pain in my teeth and pus is coming sometimes. Pls help me to rectified this problems. How to contact the good doctor.
My teeth is paining for last 2 days. So what can I do please give me cmplete treatment so I follow it and fast. When I drink ani cold water and etc so I feel very criticly for my teeth. Give me ans.
Hyperdontia is a peculiar and quite rare dental problem which involves the growth of excess number of teeth. It can appear during birth and last till the primary teeth fall out to be replaced by the permanent set of teeth, or appear with the rise of the permanent teeth. If a person shows a tendency to grow more than 20 temporary teeth or more than 32 permanent teeth, he or she suffers from hyperdontia.
Where do the additional teeth occur?
The additional teeth or supernumerary teeth can appear anywhere inside the mouth or dental arch, but the most common ones are called wisdom teeth and they grow as anterior molars after a certain age. Extra teeth in new born infants are called natal teeth. Occurrence of more than 4-6 supernumerary teeth is rare, although there have been known cases of more than 30 supernumerary teeth.
Why does hyperdontia occur?
1. Hyperdontia often occurs in association with a few select disorders like cleidocranial dysplasia, Ehler - Danlos syndrome, Gardner syndrome, and cleft lip and palate.
2. Although the exact cause of hyperdontia has not yet been discovered, some studies have shown that it might be a result of over activity of dental lamina during the phase of tooth development in infancy.
3. It could also possibly be due to genetic or environmental factors.
What problems does it pose and how can hyperdontia be corrected?
1. The existence of extra teeth often causes problems in speaking.
2. It may also cause deformation in the mouth region, and impediments in a lot of other functional activities like eating.
3. In rare cases, the extra tooth/teeth may be agents of tumors or cysts.
4. Therefore, treatment must be swiftly undertaken so as to remove the extra teeth and prevent rise of further teeth in the same spot.
5. Sometimes, hyperdontia also leads to overcrowding and misshapen rows of teeth; this can also be corrected with extensive procedures.
A sparkling set of shiny white teeth can make a smile more appealing and infectious. Yellow teeth can be extremely embarrassing and annoying. The important dental tissues that make up a tooth include the Enamel, Dentin, Cementum and the Pulp, of these four tissues, the enamel (the white and hard teeth surface) and the dentin (pale brown) are responsible for the tooth colour. Any damage to these two tissues bring about teeth discolouration and factors that contribute significantly towards yellowing of teeth include:
- Poor dental care and hygiene like improper and inadequate flossing and brushing techniques.
- Unhealthy lifestyle habits like chewing of tobacco and betel nuts, smoking, excessive consumption of alcohol, tea and coffee.
- Certain medical conditions and treatments (chemotherapy and radiation) can adversely affect the dentin and the enamel. Antihistamines are also known to stain the teeth. It is best to avoid mouth washes containing Cetylpyridinium Chloride.
- With age, the enamel tends to thin naturally exposing the dentin that lies underneath it.
- Fluoride intake in excess can stain and discolour the teeth.
- Yellow or discoloured teeth can also be genetic.
Yellow teeth, though frustrating, can be fully treated. The mode and success of the treatment is largely influenced by the extent of the teeth discolouration.
- Avoid smoking and chewing of tobacco as much as possible. Control the intake of drinks and foods that can stain and discolour your teeth.
- Practice healthy dental hygiene. Brush your teeth twice daily.
- Some whitening agents (over-the-counter) can be effectively used to treat yellow teeth.
- Dental veneers are a great way to deal with yellow teeth.
- For a healthy set of white teeth with pearly shine, consult a dentist every six months.
In addition, several natural and homemade remedies can also prove to be beneficial
- Nothing can treat yellow teeth more effectively than baking soda. Brushing your teeth with toothpaste mixed with baking soda (about a quarter teaspoon) can do the yellow teeth a world of good. Using a mixture of baking soda with vinegar (white), lemon juice and hydrogen peroxide is an effective natural remedy.
- A healthy practice to get rid of yellow teeth is to rub the teeth with orange peel every night.
- Rubbing the teeth with Strawberry paste will help to reduce the yellow stain greatly.
- The benefits of lemon are known to all. Brush your teeth with a mixture of lemon juice and salt. Wash it off after a few minutes and the yellow tinge will be a thing of the past.
- Charcoal, Apples and Basil leaves are powerful natural ingredients to treat yellow teeth.
Your smile is precious! Do not lose it to yellow teeth.
Hi. My tooth is sealant 8 months back.. But it's very sensitive.. I used sensitive toothpaste. But that's just temporary effect.. Please advise final solution as I suffer sensitivity while eating n drinking tap water too. Doctor said tooth nerve is perfectly fine. But its close to surface hence this is become sensitive tooth.
Hi, I am a 25 years old male. I have problem with my tooth. When I eat something too hot or cold I feel too much pain. Please suggest me some kind of paste.
Muje ek dentist ki salah ki zarurat hai. please agar koi meri problem ka solution bata do. please doctor. Mere masooro se blood aata hai. Aur dant peele par gay hai aur muh se badboo bhi aati hai, please koi medical liquied bata do jisse ki fayda ho Plz.
Rinse your mouth with an alcohol-free mouthwash after every meal to avoid the formation of bacteria.
I am having swelling in the teeth and when I bite it is paining sevear after taking antibiotic also it is still as it is what to do.
2. Floss daily to remove food particles caught in teeth
3.Eat a balanced diet
4.Schedule regular dental checkups for cleaning and oral examination.