Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Submit a review for Dr. SunilYour feedback matters!
I have cold for last 2 days. What should I do to get fast relief from it? Before 2 days I also have fever but now I am only struggling with cold. Please suggest good medicine for cold.
My wife is 22 years suffering from pcod. How can it may resolved. She want to conceive. What diet should be taken.
I was smoking regularly but now I started feeling light chest pains frequently so I stopped smoking but still sometimes I feel the pain. Will it get normal if I do not smoke.
Using condoms is 100 percentage safe or in addition to it I have to take some unwanted medicines like unwanted 72,?
How can I get treated for psoriasis which is in early stage? What are the preventive measures to be taken to reduce this disease?
Dear sir I have an sexual problem. Last night I saw a dream in which I doing sex with my girl friend and I done it. But when I woke up I saw there was an night fall please make a solution.
Hello Dr. I got fever from 15 days. Its typhoid. But their is lots of pain in my neck and middle chest. What should I do?
Hi my gf has a period of 5 to 6 days. Can you please give when we sex. That she not becomes pregnant. please gives the dates correctly. Thank you.
I am suffering from typhoid since fortnight and the medicines were not working for me. I have suffered from it last 2 years also in the same seasons. Please help me from it make me feel better. I will be thankful for your advise. And last thing I am changing my doctor because I think his medicines are not working for me.
Pls suggest me I am having start sugar level fr 350 units from 15 days so what precaution should I take to control my sugar level I have started medicine.
Constipation is a very irritating condition as it doesn't let you feel refreshed and lethargy takes you over. The condition is defined as the one in which the affected person has dry and hard stools with less than three bowel movements every week. In severe conditions, the bowel movements are reduced to one per week. It is one of the most common gastrointestinal problems that people face these days as a result of their unhealthy food habits and sedentary lifestyle.
Here are some natural laxatives, which are easily available in your kitchen and prove to be very effective in eliminating constipation:
1. Baking soda: Baking soda is an effective cure for gas, pressure and pain in the digestive tract, and stomach ache as excessive air is released from the body by its action. It also functions as a laxative by making the passage of accumulated waste products through the intestines a smooth process. Moreover, stools are loosened and passed without pain on its consumption.
Directions: Take a quarter cup of warm water and stir a teaspoon of baking soda into it. Consume the mixture as quickly as you can.
2. Oatmeal Tea: When the condition is severe, it is the best alternative. Oatmeal is fibrous, Honey is healing and moisturizing, and Chamomile is an anti-inflammatory agent which soothes the stomach. Together, they can stop severe constipation. So, take a cup of water and add three teaspoons of oatmeal, a Chamomile tea bag and two teaspoons of honey. Drink 2-3 times a day if your problem is severe.
3. Coconut Oil and Flaxseed: A great combination, coconut oil is a wonderful hydrating agent and eases stools. Flaxseeds help in the elimination of toxins, excess fat and cholesterol from the body.
Directions: In one tablespoon of coconut oil, add half a teaspoon of flaxseeds, chew well and eat this every morning.
4. Lemon: Lemon contains citric acid, which has the ability to stimulate the function of digestion in your body. The action of lemon on your digestive system enables it to get rid of the toxins and undigested material that generally accumulates on the colon's (the last part of your small intestine) walls, giving rise to constipation as a result.
Directions: Collect the juice of 1 lemon in a cup by squeezing it. Fill the rest of the cup with warm water. Drink it every morning.
5. Aloe vera: Besides acting as a remedy for minor burns and cuts, aloe vera gel also helps soothe your stomach. It functions as a natural laxative by making your stool softer. Moreover, it aids in protein digestion and makes the muscular structure of your intestines stronger, consequently providing relief from constipation.
Directions: Have 2 tablespoons of aloe gel every morning by mixing it with your glass of fruit juice, or consume 1 cup of aloe vera juice whenever you feel constipated.
Cold and flu are common problems which spans across all seasons and affects all age groups, kids and elders alike. However a flu or a viral infection leaves you very weak and vulnerable. A good routine of exercise is the easiest way to keep such infections at bay.
Regular exercise plays an important role in building your immunity against a flu infection. If you exercise for a minimum of 2.5 hours every week, your chances of contracting a flu infection are drastically reduced by almost 10 percent. However it is important that you exercise moderately and on a regular basis to protect your body against the flu.
An effective exercise schedule would involve 150 minutes of moderate exercise such as brisk walking, gardening etc every week. This can also be substituted by 75 minutes/week of vigorous exercise which includes running, playing a sport, aerobics etc. And 2 days for muscle strengthening exercises. Incorporate any one of these regimes in your daily schedule and follow them without fail, as they are the most fool-proof method to prepare your body for the fight against the flu virus.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.