Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Sundhar RamYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, I am using specs from 10 yrs now am 21 yrs old. And my power is continuously increase, it seems I ll become blind soon. My power is -4.00 left n -3.75 right. Please suggest me what should I do. As am still young this will lead to a big problem for me in future.
I am 23 year old. I feal that my eyes are very weak last 3 months because I can not see properly specially in evening. Please advice me.
Sir my friend suffering from retinal pigmentosa he wants to know at what age he will be almost blind did you saw any of retinal pigmentosa patients can able to maintain their vision is all retinal pigmentosa patients are same or they are different from losing their vision early can he can able to maintain vision upto 60 years of age is it possible please give advice how to maintain the vision.
My son is 4 yrs old, and his eyes specx no. Is 8. What we do sir? I am very upset. Please give me suggestions.
Is there any treatment for Pimperne vulgaris I. E Antibodies creation. In allopathy, taking steroids is the remedy. Taking steroids since 1 year. This affects the organs. Due to this early cataract has formed in both eyes.
Hello Dr. I'm pursuing Certified Credit Research Analyst along with my job. My vision is good but after watching monitor whole day and later take online classes. My eyes not feel good. I ordered zero lance is it okay or I need medicine also along with it ?
I am suffering from headache since last 3 yrs when I am using specs but when when I use lens then its ok.
My eye weakness no. Is 2.0 but when I got checked my spectacles, it was of 2.25,Is it okay or harmful for my eyes? And what home treatment should be done to increase vision?
In today’s world, most of the work that you do is on your computer. With an increasingly digitized world, computers can’t be replaced. Though they have made your work easier, they do come with certain disadvantages as well. The rays emitted by a computer screen can be harmful to your eyes if exposed for an extended duration.
It is important that you take certain precautionary measures to protect your eyes:
1. Wash your eyes: Wash your eyes on a regular basis; it facilitates cooling and relaxation of the eyes. Make it a routine to wash your eyes at least 5 to 6 times in a day.
2. Get computer glasses: Use computer glasses to protect your eyes as they help to minimize the effect of the radiation from the screen. If you work for long hours in front of the computer, then you should consider getting a pair of computer glasses.
3. The position of your screen: The screen should ideally be positioned at an arm’s length and the viewing angle of the monitor should be around 35 degrees. Make sure you position your chair accordingly keeping these tips in mind.
4. Eye exercise: You should exercise your eyes to reduce the strain and relax your eyes. Follow the 20-20 rule wherein after working on your computer for 20 minutes, you redirect your gaze to an object that is around 20 feet away. This helps your eye muscles to relax and thus, improves your eye health.
5. Don’t work at a stretch: Take breaks in between your work sessions to reduce fatigue in your eyes. Constantly staring at a screen for an extended amount of time can cause problems in your eye. Take 2 minute breaks for every 30 minutes you spend working on your computer. This helps to reduce the strain on your eyes also helps to release tension in the muscles of the neck and back.
6. Blink more than usual: Blinking moistens your eyes and causes tear production which does not allow the eye to suffer from dryness. It also prevents eye irritation and helps in clearing out dirt from the eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a specilized opthamologist and ask a free question.