Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. SunderamYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, I am 20 years old women. Day after tomorrow my final examination. I am notable to cover all topics. Infact I am not able to remember what I have read. Please give me some advice to overcome this.
I have a younger sister aged 20, she had sleepless nights for 2 -3 days, then suddenly she started laughing and talking to her self. After visiting a doctor said this might be a case of schizophrenia. So I wanted to ask which medicine is better, skizoril or olagress?
I suddenly and completely quit smoking 7 days ago. I ve been smoking for 4 years not regularly. I'm in a strong will that I ll never smoke anymore. Will this sudden changes in my blood cause side effects? Some say, quitting suddenly will give side effects like aged skin, hair fall etc. Please help. I'm 24 male.
I am in relationship. But my girlfriend stay far distance from me. 500km from me. And now she is doing something work whose I do not like. And she sometimes lie me. And she ignore me now a days. So l do not believe she now. But years ago I did. How to maintain my relationship? I am thinking more negative about she. Because she is doing something bad now a days. Because of she. Now I feel mentally disorder. She breaks my believe on she. Please give me a solution to stay hapy in relationship. If she pressures me everyday then what should I do?
Heel pain is a common problem in the body where the affected person experiences pain radiating from the heel bone. Heel pain usually progresses slowly over time, it is recommended to consult a medical professional, if heel pain turns severe. The pain tends to most severe after one has been inactive for some time such as after waking up in the morning.
Heel pain is usually caused when tissues present in the bottom of the heel (Plantar fascia) is damaged. These tissues connect the heel bone with the bones of the feet and help in absorbing shocks. Tears are formed in these tissues when they are damaged or when they get thicker. These tissues are at an increased risk of wear and tear for those who are over 45 years old. The risks also tend to increase if the person is obese or whose occupation requires standing for lengthy periods of time.
Among other causes of heel pain are heel bone fractures, fat pad atrophy (a condition where a layer of fat present under the heel bone is reduced) and bursitis (inflammation of the fluid-filled sacs present around the joints). Peripheral neuropathy is a condition where damage occurs in the peripheral nerves (that transmits signals between the central nervous system and the rest of the body), this can cause pain in the heel.
The symptoms of heel pain include:
- Experiencing pain while jogging or walking
- A feeling of pins pricking the heels after waking up in the morning
- Inability to bend the heel
- Painful swelling
- Pain in the heel accompanied by fever
Prevention and treatment
Heel pain can be prevented by taking certain preventive measures such as restricting usage of high heeled shoes without proper support and stretching the heel regularly. Medications such as painkillers are used to treat symptoms of heel pain. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.
I had a relationship with my girlfriend and she broke up with because I was not giving her time but realized the same now I an trying to give her time but she is moved on and she is hanging out with my friends who are staying in my p. G when I see her with my p. girlfriend I feel very low, its start paining in my heart please help me what should I do?
I am suffering with body pains so please tell me what iam doing without any tablets that means any exercises and yoga?
Whenever I try to sleep and close my eye. My mind keep on thinking about anything. Thats why I can not sleep and I have anxiety disorder. How to get rid of this?
My 3 years old son is becoming more more stubborn n short tempered even without any reason. please don't blame us to fulfill his every wish bcoz we never did it. If we find his wishes r genuine n fare thn only we say YES. please guide me I also have become short tempered. Need anger management ideas.
Symptoms for Bipolar disorder varies from patient to patient. Bipolar 1 and bipolar 2 can vary in terms of signs and symptoms. Both diseases have a different set of symptoms and they are diagnosed according to the merit of the symptoms.
Bipolar 1 is characterised by a manic episode. This may be followed by a hypomanic or depressive instance. Symptoms of mania can cause major impairment in life and extreme cases may require hospitalisation. Bipolar 1 patients can suffer from psychosis as well.
Bipolar 2 is characterised by a hypomanic instance that lasts for at least four days and one depressive instance lasting for a minimum of two weeks. Bipolar 2 doesn’t involve a manic episode. Frequent mood swings and violent behaviour can be major challenge in a patient’s life.
Warning signs of manic and hypomanic behaviour:
a. Quick passing thoughts
b. Unusual talkativeness
d. Increased social activity
e. Inflated sense of self-esteem
Symptoms of bipolar disorder
- Anxious distress: Apprehensions about not finishing a task on time, feeling of restlessness, feeling of losing control, difficulty in concentrating due to distress, fearing an awful event will occur in the near future, etc., are key symptoms of anxiety distress.
- Melancholic features: Patients suffering from bipolar disorder like to be left alone. They may not seek pleasure in any activity and even good things may not have much effect on them.
- Catatonia: This is a condition wherein, a person stops reacting to the environment. Not speaking and holding unusual body positions are some signs of these symptoms. There might be a tendency of mimicking too.
- Psychosis: This is one of the classical symptoms of bipolar disease. It is characterised by hallucination, constant depression and delusions.
- Seasonal pattern: There is a pattern of manic, hypomanic and depressive episodes throughout the year. The pattern might change within a month or season.
- Rapid cycling: The number of mood swings can exceed four or more times in a single year.
- Peripartum onset: This is a condition where bipolar disorder symptoms are witnessed in a pregnant woman during pregnancy or within the four weeks following delivery.
Symptoms in children: It is difficult to find symptoms of bipolar disorder in children and teens. Along with bipolar disorder, kids are most often diagnosed with other mental health problems as well. The problems can result from stress, trauma or chemical imbalance of the brain. Perhaps the biggest symptoms of bipolar disorder in children and teens are their frequent mood swings, chronic depression and feeling of despair. There might be a tendency of oversleeping as well. Reaching out to a doctor or professional help is very necessary for cases related to children and teens. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.
Sir. Good evening. I am 61. Male.My son is abroad. I am widowed. My BP is 140/90. Known HPTN patient. Weight is 93 Kgs. Height is 6f. 1 inch. I live alone. I feel depressed. Not happy with my job. Can't get another job at this age. Don't have friends. Isolated myself after my wife's death in an hit and run accident. At the cross roads now and don't know which path to choose. What is the right path for me know? Regards.
I'm suffering from neck pain and back Head ache and negative thoughts I'm going crazy and has panic and anxiety disorder and acid reflux how to get rid of this I can t bear help me.
I've been suffering from anxiety since five years. I can not sleep more than 6 hours in a day. I found that my blood pleasure is slightly high during the day time. And also sometimes while sleeping also, I sometimes have nightmares. I cut smoking 2 years ago. And drastically decreased intake of alcohol. I do exercise at least five days in a week. My average heart beat per minute is 105. When I eat chicken or fatty food like badam, I am getting pimples like on my fore head and they contains fuss in it. How to maintain good blood pleasure related of anxiety, and which food to be taken and which not should take. Which tests I should go for?
How can you treat insomnia naturally? After one is treated for depression? Due to the depression treatment the patient was on some sedative medicines.
I am 27 years old. I have backache and legs pain as I am trying to quit smoking. I used to smoke weekly. Could you please guide me how to quit smoking so that it be easy and painless?
I have fallen into depression. I have constipation and gas. Mood swings. Pain in my feet. Boating or weight gain in my lower abdomen and late period.
I am getting lazy day by day. Can you please advice me how to increase my concentration in my studies. Im an engineering student.
With kids entering the marriage scene, most couples end up in a routine that primarily revolves around the kids. The intimacy levels nosedive with no time, energy, or the privacy left for private moments. While some people just resign to it as normal course of marriage, others can get frustrated and even look for ways to please themselves outside marriage. The good news is that one need not lose hope. While taking care of children definitely comes as a responsibility, it need not take away all your pleasures of a married life. There can still be a good sexual relationship; all it requires is a little bit of planning and conscious attempts from both partners.
- Planned dates: Leave your baby with either a good friend of a family member (grandparents, uncles or aunts) and take some time out at least once a month. This gives you time away from the never-ending responsibility of kids. While you are assured that the child is safe with the short-term babysitter, you get complete private space and time to be with your partner. The wonders this can do are to be seen to be believed.
- Separate child’s bedroom: This not only gives you the required privacy, it also helps by instilling some good manners in the child. Early on in life, it knows that it has its own space and the parents, theirs. While there can be occasional days when the child can doze off to sleep with the parents, it has to spend the night in its own bed. With privacy being one of the main reasons for lack of parents, this will take care of it.
- Winding up early for the day: While the list of things to do never seems to end, you need to put a stop to it to say, that is all you can manage for the day. Going to bed tired and drained for the day is definitely not going to help your sex life. It is absolutely fine to leave a couple of things to do for tomorrow, so you can go to bed with some energy left for romance.
- Small talk, but not about the small ones: While kids do engulf your life, make a conscious attempt to talk about something else. It could be a movie or a book or something that happened in office or home, but not about the kids. This can pep you both up unbelievably and do wonders for rekindling the love in your life.
While kids definitely are the center of your lives, take some time out for yourselves. It works wonders for the relationship, making the other person feel important and loved, and of course, it is mutual.