Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. SunderamYour feedback matters!
I am taking medicine of depression and fits which controlled it in good manner but due to these medicine, my weight is increasing and hair white and hair falling problems also effects me. Also having constipation problem from last 8 years. Please give me solutions of all these problems because doctor told me that these medicine can't stop. My age is 36 years and weight is 130 kg. Please help me.
Aaj kl mera mind stable nahi rehta hai. Kuch bhi k krne me man nahi lagta hai. Aur neend bahut aati hai. Padhai bhi nahi hoti hai. Isliye mujhe koi upay bataya jaye. Kripya krke.
Hello sir i'm in the feel of depression, lost about my career in wrong path. I'm 23 years old and always think about the feature but it doesn't working out as planned. I have done civil engineering and done job for 1 year and decided to achieve govt job so went for coaching for 6 months but due late in notifications now i'm lost all my hopes on govt job so decided to go for usa for further education and mentally i'm in mood to go, but the now notification is released. Now i'm really feeling depressed about the wrong decisions taken in carrier and really feeling lost about my plans. My mood will be always unbalanced and felt in the trap of confusions, and i'm also suffering with loneliness because of no suitable persons or friends helped me out I can't take decisions on my own. All because of uncertainity i'm in depression, lost and loneliness having a feel to commit suicide also.
I am having red eyes. My body is too hot. Pain in a whole body. Give me some suggestion to cure my disease so I have no need to go to the doctor and also give me the tablet name.
My sexual timing is very short time. Example 5to10 second. This problem is create by cause of so many time of hand practice. So I am in very depression. Please guide me.
I am 27 years old, I always feel that everything in sacking like happen in earthquake, and it is happening from the time earthquake happen two or three time in kolkata, whenever I concentrate to my mind, I feel a kind of vibration, but actually it not happen, I am wondering why its happening to me, so please help me out.
Schizophrenia was diagnosed a year ago, patient is under treatment of Oleanz (01 tab./ day ), condition is progressive with lot of improvement. Although we are regular in medicine, but we have heard that any gap of even one day in medication may cause a "relapse" is that true? We are under stress after hearing this, kindly guide.
Hello doctor I am raghvendra singh shaktawat I am 19 year old man I have short memory problem I learn very slow since last two month please tell me what should I do.
I am 21 year old female, my nipples are paining badly, it is felt around the breast too. Any movement or jerk in my body makes me feel pain sometimes they protrude or else be soft. Red in appearance. What might be the problem. Is anything serious. Awaiting for your reply. Thanking you!
EEG report is abnormal. Do I need to start medication for epilepsy? My medication stopped in 2012. Last seizure was in 2001.
Dr I am listening my family members voice clearly while going to sleeping although they are away 650 km from me so what problems I am facing also they are saying are you live kya tum mar to nahi gaye this type of problem. So please suggest.
(Synchronised full body massage)
Abhyangam is a gentle full body massage with selected herbal warm-oils . Abhyangam is one of the most rejuvenating treatment of Ayurveda. This stimulating treatment increases blood circulation, which in turn encourages quick removal of metabolic wastes, while providing relief in diseases such as:- Anxiety, Fatigue, Circulatory disorders, Rheumatic & Arthritic problems, Backaches & injuries
Abhyangam is recommended for stress relief, nervous stimulation, toning up of muscles, rejuvenation & immunization & also ideal for post delivery/natal care.
Hi, my boyfriend break up with me 2 weeks later. We were in relationship for 3 months. And in this 3 months we met once. That was our first date. He even lip lock and huggged me on first date. I don't wanted to do it but he was so much hurry for those things. Reason for break up first he told lets be happy in happiness of parents. Then he told after 2-3 days he was not happy with me. I truly loved and trusted him alot. I can't understand what he was doing with me and what he wanted actually. Because after break up also he told me wants to be my best friend for life. He dint even removed me still from social networking sites i.es, Facebook and watsapp. He was caring and understanding alot that made me loved him seriously and truly. I can't forget him anyhow now. Also I miss him alot but I can't tell him whats there actually in my mind. It's like I can't concentrate anywhere he's always on my mind. After break up he also txt me 2-3 times but I dint replied him. But still I can't understand y he has kept me on social networking sites if he don't love me. Even I told him I don't want to b his friend now. Please help me. I'M totally in depression.Please tell sir.
What is stress?
There are situations in life when a person is required to perform beyond his/her normal capacity, or situations when some expectations are not met. This creates anxiety, fear and anger. This is a situation where a person feels inadequate, under-confident and experiences loss of control. This affects a person's physical and mental wellbeing. This feeling of fear, anxiety, restlessness is commonly known as "tension or stress".
Symptoms of Stress :
- Anger and Aggression: While under stress a person starts doubting his/her own capacity and efficiency because he/she feels inadequate or incapable of performing certain tasks. This creates a lot of anger or frustration and sometime, may result into aggressive behaviour.
- Irritability: Under stress people get irritated for no reason. There is loss of patience, loss of sense of humour.
- Sleep Disorders: A person under stress may not be able to sleep at all or in some cases sleep excessively.
- Eating Disorders: A person under stress may lose appetite or in some cases, tend to overeat resulting in harmful effects on body.
- Anxiety: Stress may cause a lot of anxiety and restlessness. The person under stress may not to able to concentrate and unable to focus on any activity, making things more complicated.
- Depression: In a few cases a person under a lot of stress may go into depression.
- High BP: Body and mind are closely connected. Hence stress in mind creates stress in the body and under stress, blood pressure may rise.
- High Sugar Level: Stress may increase the blood sugar levels.
- Headache or Unexplained Body Pains: Stress may cause headache or body aches in different parts of the body, without any physical reason for it.
Sometimes, there may not be any symptoms for stress but the trauma manifests in the form to heart attack, Stroke etc.
What causes stress ?
- Relationship Issues - Conflicts in relationships is a major cause of stress.
- Life style - Working for long hours, sedentary life style, unhealthy food habits, along with insatiable urge for money causes a lot of stress.
- High expectations from oneself and from others - The peer pressure, the pressure of constant deadlines builds up a huge stress. When a person has very high expectations from himself/herself without corresponding efforts, there is a fear of failure which causes lot of tension. At the same time, having unrealistic expectations from others also is a definite reason for disappointments, resulting in stress.
- Physical and Emotional Abuse - When a person is physically or emotionally abused and unable to defend himself/herself for various reasons, it causes frustration. This results in anger and stress.
- Competition - Unhealthy competitions with others create a feeling of inadequency and result in lower self esteem and sadness, thereby causing stress.
- Health Issues - Chronic and serious health issues cause lot of tension.
- Suppressed Emotions - Lack of freedom to express own emotions and feelings, amounts to stress.
- Lack of Assertiveness - Inability to say "No", when wanting to say so, inability to fight for one's own rights, causes tension and anger.
- Boredom - Lack of creative/interesting occupation may cause stress especially in old people or people with physical disabilities.
- Low self esteem, feeling hopeless and helpless - If a person has low self esteem and does not value oneself, it causes lots of negativity and stress.
Why stress management is important?
Body and mind affect each other's functioning. When the mind is stressed out, it gets reflected in the body in the form of high blood pressure, high sugar levels, indigestion, acidity, heartburn, ulcers, skin rashes, headache, nausea, cancer, eating disorders, psychosomatic pains etc. It may trigger asthma, migraine etc.
Because of these harmful effects of stress, the body's capacity to function reduces. At times, it may cause serious threat to one's life. Hence, it is very important to learn to relieve and also to manage stress, in order to have a long and healthy life.
There are a number of ways to relieve stress:
- Sleep, take rest, relax.
- Take a break from daily routine, do something different, take a short vacation.
- Go for a walk/jog/run/cycling. Practice Yoga, meditation, deep muscle relaxation, etc.
- Spend time with friends and family.
- Play with children.
- Spend time with pets.
- Pursue a hobby like reading, gardening, painting, music, dance, singing, cooking, etc.
- Recreation - Watch a movie, play, picnic, go for a drive or shopping.
- Pamper yourself with beauty treatments, massage, or your favourite food/drinks.
How to manage Stress?
Stress is inevitable part of life now. Right from a kid going to Pre-Nursery school to senior citizens staying alone at homes and having severe health problems; all are under lot of stress. No one can avoid stress. But there are certain ways to manage your stress-
- Self-awareness. Learn more about your own self. Understand what induces stress in you, what tasks are difficult for you, what situations are difficult for you and then try to figure out the reasons why it is so. Try to resolve or modify your thoughts and attitude.
- Identify stressors and explore options. Once you identify what is causing your stress, try to find more options to resolve your issues.
- Reasonable Expectations and Feasible Goals. Have reasonable expectations from yourself and from others. Have goals which are possible for you to achieve.
- Learn assertive techniques. Learn to express your feelings, learn to fight for your own rights, understand and respect other's rights.
Try to minimise stress in life and lead a happy healthy life.