Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Sundeep SubbiahYour feedback matters!
Are you taking medicines for the treatment of Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis literary means porous bones or bones which have developed holes in them. This is an exaggerated terminology because in this condition the bones become thin, weak and less dense. This weakness causes them to break (fracture) easily during minor falls and injuries.
This problem affects both men and women but is more frequent and severe in women. It is estimated that every second woman over 50 years of age will have a fracture of backbone or hip or wrist in her lifetime due to osteoporosis.
Prevention is the best way of avoiding osteoporosis and is achieved by diet and exercise. One should have a good nutritious diet which gives you enough calcium, vitamin D and phosphorus like yogurt, paneer, and green leafy vegetables. Second is to have an active lifestyle by having all kind of exercises. Walking, stationary bikes, small weights, and yoga are recommended.
Once the disease occurs and osteoporosis sets in, one is usually prescribed medicines as there is almost no role of surgery. Even medicines will not improve whatever bones have been lost but will slow down further deterioration.
If you have been taking commonly prescribed medicines (Bisphosphonates-/ alendronate: used weekly or biweekly) for having low bone density, then you need to be cautious. Long-term use of these medicines has now been linked with problems in the jaw bone and atypical fractures of certain bones.
These problems are more likely to occur if a woman takes the medication on and on for many years, as happens with many women found to have osteopenia or strong family history of fractures.
The best way to prevent these complications is to give your- self a break. It is recommended that for osteoporotic women, with every decade of drug use, you should take a break of 1-2 years.
While women with milder problems and having osteopenia, should take a year-long holiday from these medicines after every five years. But always check with your doctor before starting or stopping these medicines.
I am suffering from ankle pain in my left feet since 3 months. Sometimes there is no pain but sometimes its severe pain in ankle. Due to this I am not been able to start my running schedule. Please help.
I am. Feeling very weak these days there is very much pain in my legs and my back shoulders and neck I m not even able to walk properly can anyone please help me out that what are these symptoms for.
Hi, I am having this back ache for sometimes and also whenever I wake up in the morning my left foot pains a bit. This pain persists for some time and then it doesnt pain any more for the rest of the day. I work in a multinational company and need to sit on chairs for long hours. I thought that might be the reason. Is there any exercise that can help me out.
I have pain in my left arm past 4 days. N also have pain in shoulders n neck is dis symptoms of thyroid?
I have neck pain along with mid back pain and low back pain in the left side of the sacrum. I consulted an orthopedic and all I got was some analgesics. I sought osteopathy and had two sessions after which I was almost crippled nor even being able to walk! Now I am much better after almost 2 month rest at home. I am really worried because the pain in the lower back on the left side is still there but very light. I'm afraid to go back to sports. What do I need to do?
I am 20 Years old male. Mine vertebral disc b/w L5 and Sacrum is touching Spinal Cord Fibers. What are the treatment I can get?
Hi, I had some stiffness at neck, doctor recommended x ray. X ray revealed spondylosis at C4, C5 level in cervical region. They told that distance between c4 and c5 has reduced. So, please tell me how this condition can be improved or stopped at this level. Sometimes, I have minor pain in shoulder and upper arms which comes and goes. What exercises should I do to improve.
Sir, my mother is 50 years old. She has backache due to disc problem. She haa been used more medicine since a ten year.
I had undergone with spinal surgery (Interlaminar micro-lumber disectomy) on 18th August, it was done due to sensation in legs due to l4 l5 disc diffuse. However, after surgery it took 7 weeks to feel betterment in legs but my backache (due to surgery) is still exists. My doctor told me that I will be back to normal life after 6 weeks, but now I am in 9th week but can not sit/stand for long. I had visited again my doctor he said wait for 3 month. But I am not satisfied I want a second opinion. Hope I did not take a bad decision for surgery. Kindly advise how much time it will take. Also suggest any alternate. My medicines Pregabid me 75 for 4 weeks Pregabid NT currently taking pantocid 20 Vitamin D3.
I have been facing right shoulder ankle pain from last 3 weeks. Could you suggest me any medicine or treatment.
Hi, I am a 33 years old male. From past few months I have been getting pain in my joints, numbness in my palm, wrist & fingers. Hair falling also. I think its lack of calcium intake. Sometimes legs also pains a lot.
Hello sir My age is 35 years old live in new delhi. My problem is I always get internal pain starting from right side buttlock till pedal but I dont understand why its happen there is no problem in walk or to do anything and this happens from more than years sometime I get relaxed from massage or oil rubbing or some exercise. Its irritate me in sleeping but from more than weeks its get frequently. So please suggest me what type of pain its. Thanks & regards
Hallo Dr. I have joint pain in my both palm's fingers. I have morning stiffness in my body. Pl. Suggest some homeopathic medicine to relieve the pain.
Dear Doctor, Good Morning to you, I am aged 57 years having shoulder to leg joint pains from the last 15 days unable to bear up. Please support me with your advice so that can take up am walking also to my home from my office around 8 KMS per day just to keep myself fit but during morning when I get up unable to sit on the bed such will be my pain. Getting distressed and the whole day will be spoilt because of this pains please advice regards.
Back pain may occur due to various reasons. Chronic back pain is the one that remains for 12 weeks or more than that even after the cause of the pain has been treated. There are several ways of treating chronic back pain. Its treatment depends upon the nature of injury or the actual underlying cause of the pain.
The treatment for back pain has been listed below:
- Short-term methods: Initially, people use short-term remedies for tackling back pain. Over-the-counter painkillers and home remedies are used to cure the patient. This might show useful results within six weeks.
- Continue movement: Although traditionally, patients with back pain were advised to take complete bed rest. However, doctors today are of the opinion that patients should not take complete bed rest. The patient should try to move around a bit. It may be hurting first, but slowly it will heal the pain. One can take up brisk walking for best results.
- Painkillers: Patients are first prescribed to take paracetamol. However, some people take non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen for faster relief. There are stronger painkillers like codeine. But one must keep in mind that painkillers are not good for health. They have side effects. Long-term use of painkillers can cause damage to the kidneys. If these are not effective, the doctor might switch to muscle relaxant like diazepam.
- Hot and cold compress: Patients are advised to take hot or cold compress to get relief. A hot bath or compress with hot water can be useful. Otherwise, using ice pack can also produce effective results. Often, alternate hot and cold compress are advised to get rid of the pain.
- Change your sleeping style: The pain can be reduced to a great extent by changing one's sleeping pattern. Use pillows to change the sleep pattern.
- Exercise: The patient might have developed back pain due to faulty posture or obesity. In order to get rid of the pain, one must address these issues first. Shred the extra pounds b exercising the correct way to get cured of the pain.
- Acupuncture: It is a kind of treatment in which fine needles are put at different points of the body. This helps in reducing the pain.
- Oil massage: There are various kinds of massage techniques available. These improve the circulation of blood. This in turn, rejuvenates the muscles and bones by providing sufficient oxygen supply.
- Antidepressants: These are prescribed when painkillers don't show effective results. Tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs), such as amitriptyline are given to the patient. However, these are given in small doses.
- Stay calm and positive: It is important to have a positive frame of mind to get rid of the pain. One has to be patient and not lose hope while the treatment is on. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.