Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. SundareshanYour feedback matters!
According to an Ayurvedic study of mental health, ‘rajas’, ‘satwa’ and ‘tama’ are essential qualities of one’s mind. ‘Satwa’ is essential for knowledge and reasoning, ‘Rajas’ initiates thoughts, whereas ‘Tama’ renders a soothing effect and serves to control overactive ‘satwa’ and ‘rajas’. However, equilibrium among these three is necessary for a healthy mind. A disruption in this balance results in anxiety, anger and even mental disorder. Environmental toxins, stress and information overload take a toll on one’s brain functioning on a daily basis. Along with exercises and a balanced diet, these few herbs can be used for restoring mental balance, thereby promoting mental wellbeing.
Mulungu Bark- Mulungu calms your nerves, thus improving your mood and sleep. It even enhances brain function, helping to reduce anxiety.
Bacopa- Also known as Brahmi, bacopa boosts memory and cognitive abilities. It also aids in lowering the production of stress hormone ‘cortisol’. It sustains the physical health of the brain cells, protecting the brain against ageing.
Rhodiola Rosea- This medicinal herb consists of two powerful compounds called ‘Salidroside’ and ‘Rosin’. Salidroside is a strong antioxidant while Rosin shields against neurotoxicity (toxicity in the nervous system due to the exposure to artificial or natural toxins) by curbing inflammation of the neural cells. This enhances a better mental performance, reducing anxiety, stress and fatigue.
Ziziphus Jujuba- Day-to-day chores over a long period of time can get extremely tiring and affect your physical as well as mental faculties. Ziziphus Jujuba encourages good sleep at night, thus restoring your mental health.
Passiflora Incarnata (passion flower)- This herb acts as a natural sedative; thereby relieving anxiety, which is a primary reason for interrupted sleep.
Scutellaria lateriflora (skullcap)– The anti-oxidant properties of this plant help deal with and alleviate stress levels, in the process, improving your mood and inducing sound sleep. It also helps treat inflammation of the brain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
My 8 years old daughter has been diagnosed as a celiac patient at the age of 2 and since then she is on gluten free diet. Is there any other treatment apart from gluten free diet in her case. she is developing ok physically but her mental health is not as per her age. Are the two inter-related? please advice the course of treatment.
Meri ek college friend hai uske bf ne use chodkr ki or se shadi kr li ab meri friend bhot depressed hr time suicide krne ki baat karti rehti hai or full night jagti rehti hai please koi medicine bata do jo jesse uska depressen km ho ob night mein so sake please please help me please.
I'm 25 years male! I have acne problem in my public area! I'm totally confused doctor! Not able to concentrate on any thing feeling like committing suicide! I don't have gutts to consult a doctor! Please help me doctor! I stopped having sex but sometimes I masturbate! Please suggest me some way to get rid of it!
Greetings, Doctor, I have anxiety disorder and my doctor prescribed me Felix s 20 and s-adenosyl methionine 200 tablets. But I continue to have sweating and panic along with racing heart. Please help.
Sir. I hve a problem if nervous. At a normal time I am jst normal. But at any serious or front of many people. I feel jst loos. Heartbeat nd nervbeat increased. please suggest wt to do?
How important is to stop smoking? How much alcohol can someone over 50 safely drink, and does your tolerance change with ageing?
I am suffering from anxiety was feeling palpitations heart burn stomach problem. Scaring.deathfobia. Because of Lybrate I consult psychiatrist. He gave me some antidprsnt tablets like Mirtee etc etc. I am fine now my mind is diverted mood is changed but with that medicine I feel like I am reading like world is rounding clockwise. Even I am using half tablets.
Hello sir/mam! I am a 18 year old girl who is feeling very dull and lost for pretty sometime. I can't exactly tell my feelings but I constantly live in some other world. I am becoming unconscious and don't feel to get involved with anybody most of the times. I had my boards this year now my college is soon going to happen but I am loosing interest in everything. I feel lost.
I am 26 years old n have psychological problems. My mind is always speaking. I am also speaking with my mind. And my mind is very strict with cleaning, my mind is always thinking that everywhere dirt will be there and, I am repeatedly washing my hands, my mind is always working, always thinking about cleaning only, I can't even sleep, I have this problem from past one years, please suggest me any treatment or counseling for escape from this problem.
I am a marijuana smoker but not a heavy one and has been smoking it for nearly six years now. So my query is that all the health and physical related information I get in Google doesn't indicates me any bad or serious health issues related to Ganja smoking. It doesn't hamper me in my any business or family relationships matters but still there might be something that I am missing right now. Can I get some advice?
What should be done to clear the speech if one has suffered a stroke and is still trying to recover after 14 months?
I always think negivate talk at the time of exams specially at my result time so what can I do so I always think positive talks only.
You may face stress and anxiety in life because of innumerable reasons, starting from job-related stress to personal stress. Stress is capable of causing great distress, which may hamper your daily activities, your thinking and your entire life in general. It is essential for you to identify the cause of stress and anxiety and then adopt ways to cope with it.
Here are some important tips for busting stress and anxiety:
- Keep active: Exercise does not eliminate stress, but it helps in reducing its intensity. Your thoughts will be cleared and you will be able to deal with your problems better.
- Take control: Remember that every problem has a solution. If you are passive about it and think about the negative side, your stress is bound to shoot up. You cannot afford to lose control over your thoughts and actions. Instead, try to take control over the situation and be optimistic.
- Connect with people: Instead of isolating yourself during situations of great stress and anxiety, connecting with your friends, family and colleagues will ease your troubles. You may come across a new perspective or a new approach. If you do not connect with the people who matter, you will not have their support when you really need it. By talking about your problem, you may find solutions and get suggestions as well.
- Spend time with yourself: We all like to do certain things, but cannot make it possible because of work pressure and other demands in life. It is important for you to take some time off for yourself and do the things you enjoy. This will lighten you up, make you happy and is a good vent for stress and anxiety.
- Set challenges for yourself: In order to build confidence, you must set some goals and challenges for yourself to accomplish. This is ideal for coping with stress and anxiety.
- Abstain from unhealthy habits: Do not rely on alcohol, caffeine and cigarettes as a way of coping with stress. Although this is a common thing all around the world, these do not actually solve your troubles. They keep on creating more problems and hence try to keep away from them. You may get temporary relief, but in the long run, you have to solve the underlying cause of your stress.
- Help other people: It is evident that people who help others in need through volunteering, community work or any other way get resilient. If you help people who are in situations far worse than you, your problems will be put in the right perspective. Try to help people out in every little way.
You need to maintain a positive mindset instead of breaking down or losing it. Acceptance is a very important part of busting stress and anxiety.