Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Sundar GaneshYour feedback matters!
My mother's echo scan is normal. But ECG is probably abnormal. If any problem in ECG, then why it is not showing in echo scan? Pls let me know whether it is due to ECG machine problem or not?
My chest keeps paining suddenly sometimes, if I drink some water or eat some food my chest keeps paining a lot, what should I do?
Dear Sir, My father has Khujli or Kharajvu on his feet. If he tries to take medicine, he is affected by heart attack. So he is unable to do anything and it is as it is from 5 years. This question is for dermatologist.
Hi. My father is 76 years old. Weight 92 kg. Last two days he has swelling in both legs. No pain. His blood sugar normal. But he is taking medication for high blood pressure and one ppi. At present he has no physical problem except swelling in legs. My question is that is there any serious issues for swelling of legs?
I am 49 year old I have left side chest pain after 2 month of angiogram, what are the causes of pain?
Im raseel 19 year old my heart asd closure operation has been done 3 months before. And now can I eat every kind of food?
The best ways to look after your heart is with a healthy lifestyle.
- Be smoke-free
- Be physically active
- Look after your mental health
- Manage your blood cholesterol
- Manage diabetes
- Achieve and maintain a healthy weight
- Enjoy a variety of nutritious foods
These are the basic and easy steps which you can follow to maintain a healthy life. In round the clock atleast reserve 45 minutes for you health, still you have 23.15 hours a day for all other activities. Just think over it.
What is the symptom of sugar and high blood pressure and flu as well, and what to do to keep blood pressure in control.
I am 64 years old. I had heart problems on two occasions, one in 2006 and another one in february 2015. On both the occasions, stents have been placed. Now I gave up smoking after the 2nd incident. But I am having constipation sometimes and diarrhea sometimes.
I am a heart patients some time my heart beating so fast approx 135 time in one minutes so whats is reason.
For last one week i am feeling like my chest is heavy. Last night i wake up 5 time suddenly. What we feel in our chest when we shocked. That feeling I am feeling so many times during my regular day without any reason.Please tell me what to do and whom should I consult.
Is there some medicine just to clean probable (you never know until experience pain and subsequently have angiography done) blockage of arteries. I understand this might take time but it is good to have arteries clean and keep cholesterol level under control and vigil.
I have gastritis and hypertension and taking medicines for this. Pl. Suggest acupressure points for it.
Hi. I am 22. Sometimes I get very anxious about things and keep thinking constantly. And normally also there is always something going on in my mind. I constantly think about something or the other. Is this normal? Can this be referred to as 'Stress' And can this increase the chances of a heart attack?
Here are Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment of Chest Pain
Good evening friends, I am Dr. Bharat B. Kukreti. I am a CI consultant intervention Cardiology at Paras Hospitals, Gurgaon. Today, we will discuss heart problem manifestation, chest pain.
We all have experienced chest pain at some point in time. It is such a common syndrome that everybody has gone through it at some point. The important thing here is that chest pain may be associated with a wide variety of disease which may range from a very simple gastritis to a very lethal heart attack. So the problem with chest pain is that we can’t identify whether we are going through a heart attack or just another chest pain. So, this is what we will be discussing today.
First of all, How your chest pain occurs in a heart attack? A heart attack patient will typically about chest pain in a sensation of heaviness or squeezing or burning in the central chest or the left side of the chest which is radiating to either one arm or both arm or shoulders or jaw. It may be associated with a very profuse sweating and a sensation of restlessness, breathing difficulty or the sometimes patient may just faint. These all will be the symptoms of an ongoing heart attack.
Important thing is that these symptoms can be because of a heart attack but sometimes heart attack can occur even without the proper symptom which you can identify. Then, it becomes a difficult situation to identify how we know that it is a heart attack. So, once somebody is having a chest pain, you should first consult a doctor and get an E. C. G. done and to see whether the chest pain seems to be of heart region or something else. So, what can this something else be? This something else, that is a differential diagnosis of the chest pain may be apart from heart these other structures like lungs, they may be bone, they may be the muscular origin and the chest pain may be of neurological origin and sometimes just simple gastritis can give you a very severe chest pain also.
So, out of all these probabilities, the heart disease probability is the most dangerous. So that’s why once somebody has chest pain, it’s important to rule out the heart problem first so that life can be saved. So, if somebody is having chest pain, the first thing to be done is E. C. G. and it is to be seen by a qualified doctor to see whether the E. C. G. is suggestive of a heart problem or not. There is one interesting fact here. Up to 50% of the first E. C. G.s of the heart patients may be normal. So the first normal E. C. G. does not rule out a heart attack. Diagnosis for ruling out a heart attack is a systematic approach which includes Serial ECGs; Serial ECG means ECG now, ECG at half an hour, ECG at one hour, ECG at two hours, thus several ECGs and then afterward Cardiac Enzyme Test is done.
So, we will discuss this diagnosis and treatment part of chest pain or rather heart attack in our subsequent video, ok? You can contact me for chest pain problems or any other cardiac related problems into Paras Hospital, Gurgaon or you can contact me through Lybrate.
Not feeling well having fever and have chest pain bp is OK but some times high now even my appetite is also bad has gone.
Pulmonary hypertension is a medical condition that arises when the blood pressure remains consistently high in the vessels of the lungs. This condition can develop from a completely unrelated medical condition and is more prevalent among women.
Pulmonary Hypertension can be a hard disease to diagnose. While it has no permanent cure, the medication depends on how far the disease has advanced. From group 1 PAH to group 5 PAH, pulmonary hypertension has 5 stages of advancement.
Here is a list of 10 ways by which this disease can be kept under control along with the prescribed medication:
- Quit smoking: Smoking aggravates pulmonary hypertension. It has adverse effects on both the heart and the lung. It is therefore of utmost importance to quit smoking. If you fail to control your urge of smoking, contact your doctor who can suggest a quitting plan.
- Avoid high altitude: Patients suffering from pulmonary hypertension should avoid flying and living at high altitude. An altitude of 8000 feet and above can worsen the symptoms. It is therefore suggested that you do not take flights for travelling or come down below the altitude of 2428 meters if you are living in hilly areas.
- A healthy diet: A healthy diet consisting of fresh fruit and vegetables, lean meat and whole grains should be consumed on a daily basis. A nutritious diet goes a long way in keeping pulmonary hypertension in check.
- Adequate rest: A minimum of 8 hours of sleep is recommended for patients suffering from pulmonary hypertension. A good night’s sleep and frequent naps keeps fatigue at bay.
- Pregnancy and birth control pills: Avoiding pregnancy is a must for patients suffering from this disease. Pregnancy can be life threatening for the both the baby and the mother. Birth control pills should be avoided as well. It greatly increases the chance of blood clots.
- Maintain a steady blood pressure: Any activities that lower the blood pressure should be avoided by all means. Spending too much time in a bathtub or prolonged stress increases the chances fainting.
- Become more active: Patients of pulmonary hypertension often run out of breath with little to no activity. While activities such as weight lifting should be strictly avoided, some exercise or daily jogging can fetch good result in keeping a patient healthy.
- Get vaccine on time: Doctors often suggest vaccines if the patient suffers from pneumonia or influenza. It should be ensured that such vaccines are taken on time. For patients suffering from pulmonary hypertension, prolonged exposure to diseases such as pneumonia can wreak havoc.
- Regular checkup: Regular follow up with the doctor is of prime importance. Any possible side effects or deterioration can be arrested with constant supervision.
- On time medication: Patients of pulmonary hypertension should ensure that all the medicines suggested by the doctor are taken at regular intervals as per prescribed dosage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.