Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sumith Kumar Gaur
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Sumith Kumar GaurYour feedback matters!
I was suffering from cold cough and throat pain due to whether change. Suggest me what type of home remedies or medication I have take.
A blocked nose is not only annoying, but extremely discomforting. Several reasons can be held responsible for it and common cold is certainly not the only one. Some other reasons include:
Therefore, the remedial measures for blocked nose vary, depending on the cause that led to it. Some of the ways by which you can redress this problem are:
- Use a humidifier: Sinusitis is often held responsible for a clogged nose, a condition that is almost always accompanied by severe pain. In such a situation, placing a humidifier in a room proves to be extremely beneficial. This machine treats blocked nose by converting the water to moisture. This fills up the room and significantly increases the humidity of the room. Therefore, when you breathe, the humid air soothes the inflamed blood vessels in the nose and helps you to breathe properly.
- Take a hot shower: When you find it difficult to breathe, a quick hot shower can go a long way in curing the discomfort. The logic that operates is the steam generated from the hot shower thins the mucus and also considerably reduces the inflammation in the nose, allowing you to breathe normally.
- Drink lots of water: Though the suggestion may seem incredible, drinking water actually helps in unblocking that blocked nose. When you drink a lot of water, the mucus in the nostrils is thinned, at the same time it pushes back the accumulated fluids, thereby curbing the condition of blocked nose.
- Using a saline spray: This is one of the most ancient and trusted ways of treating blocked nose. By administering a saline or a nasal spray, the moisture in your nostrils increases and radically diminishes the inflammation.
- Use warm compresses: Using a warm compress has been the most reliable form of medication in times of high temperature and also at times of blocked nose. The compress that was dipped in hot water, when placed on the nose and forehead helps to unblock the nasal passages. The soothing effect of the warm compresses reduces the inflammation and facilitates the process of breathing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Dear Dr. My age is 35 yrs old I have sinusitis problem last one yr. Due to sinus oain in eyes and head. Pls suggest medicine.
Headache is one of the most frequently encountered problem at a clinic. Even questions at lybrate are mostly studded with this symptom.
More often than not, headaches are self limiting and without a serious medical problem. But any chronic headache needs proper evaluation for definitive therapy.
Grossly, headaches can be divided into primary (no definite structural lesion in brain) or secondary (associated with changes).
Any headache, if associated with vomiting without nausea, visual disturbance or nerve deficit (new onset squint, double vision, loss of sensation anywhere, facial deviation amongst many) may indicate secondary headache, but exceptions are there. These require immediate attention to rule out life threatening disease.
Commonest primary headache is tension type headache all of us have felt at certain times. Often it is like a band pressing around forehead. Common analgesics manage them well but for recurrent problem, we might prescribe prophylactic drug.
Migraine is something very common presenting as pain in one half of head with vomiting, nausea, visual or auditory aura. They require immediate analgesic like acetaminophen and prophylaxis with propranolol or amitriptyline.
Cluster headache, as the name suggests, comes in cluster for few days and more common in male. Oxygen has been proven as effective treatment.
Trigeminal neuralgia is more sharp, lanceolating pain, but responds satisfactorily to carbamazepine.
Sinusitis, in frontal bone presents as headache more around 10am in the morning that requires therapy with antihistamines and antibiotics occasionally.
Therefore' headache' carries little value unless it is described in detail to ensure proper therapy.