Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Sumanth Y JYour feedback matters!
Hi! my father is above 60 and retired person. He is having negative thoughts always and keep disturbing family members day and night. Please suggest what to do ?
Hi I am 24 years old. I am studying for jobs my problem is my mind not properly working it is diverting because I am in my brother home my sister in law is so irritate I don't like her behavior. So what can I do. Please suggest me doctor's.
I have a some prob like Ocd and I am always in stress and depression nd lots of thoughts always in my mind. I am 29 years old, I am female, please give me some tips to recover my this things from my mind but I want to eagerly improve this problem. So please let me know to recover from my mind as soon as possible.
Hi I am a 27 yrs old studying psychitry. I need some guidance. When I return from college I feel lonely. I wish someone would have been there a psychiatrist with whom I cud discuss psychiatry. As I dont have seniors.
What are the symptoms of flu and how to avoid one? I have body pain and temperature with reasonable headache with sneezing.
I have some fear when I heard someone is dead or accidents and some crowd place heart me and bass of sound. So I need help how to avoid fear.
I am 30 years suffering from lack of attention, organisation, forgetfulness, concentration n memory. What should I do? Are these symptoms of Attention-Deficit Disorder? Please help.
The number of people affected by hypertension is constantly on the rise. The most important concern with people developing hypertension is that it is not an isolated issue. It brings with it a host of problems, including higher chances of stroke, heart disease, diabetes, and kidney disease problem. While there is no definite cure for hypertension, it is definitely possible to control it using the following measures.
- Weight control: Greater the body mass index (BMI), higher is the chances of developing hypertension. Check with your doctor to know what the ideal weight is and try to maintain it. If overweight, losing even 10 pounds can make a big difference to your blood pressure.
- Diet management: Excessive salt, calories, fat, and sugar are to be avoided. Sodium is one of the main culprits for increasing blood pressure and should be avoided. Include fruits and vegetables that are rich in potassium and magnesium. Reducing salt is another major way to control blood pressure. Fish oils with omega-3 fatty acids are extremely good for the health of the heart and so consult your doctor to include the right amounts in your diet.
- Exercise: A regular workout regimen can reduce the chances of developing blood pressure by up to 40% to 50%. This should not be misinterpreted as the need for vigorous workouts. Even small, regular physical activity daily goes a long way in controlling blood pressure.
- Alcohol: While quitting alcohol is the best thing to do, for those finding it difficult to do so, cutting down on it plays a big role in controlling blood pressure. No more than a drink per day for women, and no more than two per day for men are recommended.
- Stress management: Stress is one of the major causes for increasing blood pressure, and so managing stress is very important. Whether music or meditation, pick your stress buster and see your blood pressure lowered.
- Medications: If you are already on a medication regimen, strictly adhere to the schedule. Consult your doctor before adding herbal supplements or dietary supplements. Taken individually, they may be good for health, but there are good chances of them interacting with your regular medications.
- Monitor: Once you have been diagnosed with high blood pressure, have periodic check-ups with your doctor to ensure it is within the permissible limits. If beyond limits, immediately correct it.
As noted, hypertension is not an isolated issue and brings with it a whole lot of issues. Controlling it can help control the other issues that would follow and improve the quality of life.