Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sumant MantriYour feedback matters!
I am on thyrox75 +calcium, took fomoterol fumarate inhaler earlier. Is there a connection between hypothyrodism and asthma? calcilytics?
I have cough and chest pain from last 2 weeks and my younger becomes yellow and a little bit of pain on my head when I squese.
On the eve of World Asthma Day the Indian Medical Association has on Monday noted that one should not ignore the first attack of asthma after the age of 40.
All wheezing is not asthma and all asthmatics do not wheeze
Only cough may be a sign of asthma
If you are able to speak a sentence during an asthma attack, you do not have severe asthma
If you get an asthma attack more than twice in the night in a month or more than twice during day time in a week, you need continuous treatment
All asthmatics should be questioned about symptoms triggered by common inhaled allergens, at home, school or work
Indoor allergens, such as dust mites, animal danders, molds, mice and cockroaches, are of particular importance
Food allergy rarely causes isolated asthma symptoms, although wheezing and cough can be symptoms of food-induced anaphylaxis
Aspirin and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs may trigger symptoms of asthma in about 3 to 5% adult asthmatic patients
Gastric reflux is common among patients with asthma
Well-controlled asthma means daytime symptoms no more than twice per week and night-time symptoms no more than twice per month
Common cold and cough is one of the most common viral illnesses that have no specific treatment. Allopathic medicines provide palliative cure to just treat the symptoms, there is no definite antiviral for it. There is also popular belief having cold once or twice a year is a good way to cleanse the body. On the contrary, cough and cold could be the first symptoms of a serious underlying disease like pneumonia. From that angle, it is better to treat it than to just let it run its natural course. Especially in children and elderly, it can be chronic issue with repeated bouts and therefore, treatment becomes mandatory.
The good news is that homeopathy provides a cure for this, that not just treat external symptoms. Also, like any other condition, homeopathy looks at treating the whole myriad of associated symptoms, thereby providing holistic treatment. Below are 5 common homeopathic remedies for chronic cough and cold:
1. Aconitum or Aconite: Used in the early stages of a cold that was sudden in onset and severe. There could be associated nasal discharge, fever and chills, chest congestion, itchy throat, and a traumatic experience. The person may also feel thirsty, anxious, and agitated.
3. Arsenicum album: The patient usually has complaints on the right side including watery nasal discharge, weakness, restlessness, chills, thirst. The discharge can irritate the upper lip and nasal mucosa. The cold gradually moves to the throat and the irritation also shifts down (this phase requires a different treatment).
4. Belladonna: When the cold has a sudden onset with red face, high fever, cold feet, this can be used in the early stages of the cold. There is associated high fever, tickly throat, glassy eyes, dry cough, restlessness, and delirium
5. Euphrasia: Burning eyes and profuse nasal discharge lead to reddened eyes and cheeks. More common in children, the condition worsens in open air, at night, and while lying down. The cough then moves down into the larynx, produces a harsh, hoarse voice.
6. Pulsatilla: Yellow or greenish mucous, nasal congestion, mouth breathing are some symptoms where this is used. It is very commonly used in newborn babies, if the discharge colour is green or yellow. Associated symptoms include moodiness, easy crying, craving for attention, easily hurt and sensitive.
Homeopathy does 'cure' the cough and cold in patients, in the true sense of the word. That provides palliative care and holistic treatment of the condition too.