Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Sumangala Alind KumarYour feedback matters!
I want to correct my eye defect myopia, tell me any home remedy to correct it. And also tell me a balance diet which is proper for me in this stage, to correct this defect.
Please doctor tell me how to we are controlled our diabetes and improve our eye sight and make out health.
My age is 25 and I have eye sight about 5+ for both eyes and would like to have laser operation? Is it good decision to have? Will it be troubled in future?
I am 23 years old. I am qualify for cabin crew. But suddenly I found that -(. 50) power in my eyes. I consult with an eye specialist. He suggest me to use spect. If I use glass is it possible to remove my eye power. And how many days I have to wear this glass? Is there any other way to decrease my power.
I use specks my left eye pains frequently doctor said that eye is little week & gave me (Teardrops) eye drop to use .to prevent this is there any thing to do.
My eyes are paining I feel like I want to touch on every time to do massage on it. By the way I don't have any sight problem.
I am 66 yrs old. On my left eye I see small shadows moving as I blink my eyes. What is this & the cause for the same
My name is Deepak and I am 23, I have just come to know that my eye side is little weak (right .5 and left .25). So, I wanted to ask is there any way to cure it, without specs. (I spend 2-3 hours on laptop and 1-2 hours on mobile daily)
My eye sight is weak (-1.75) and I am using spectacles from 7 years. I want to know that how can I improve my eye sight. Please Suggest some good diet and exercise for eyes. And also best eye drops and medicines for weak eyes.
I am feeling headache when working on computer, when watching tv and mobile, feeling weakness as well, it seems eye problem, please suggest.
I m facing a little problem I have red eyes for 2days and I used ciplox drop twice a day. But nothing happened. Is something serious?
Sight is one of our most important senses. To ensure that your vision is not compromised, regular eye examinations are essential. This is regardless of age and overall health because the only way to diagnose conditions in the eye in the early stages is with a comprehensive eye exam. By arresting them in the early stages, many eye disorders can be easily controlled and treated.
During a routine eye examination, the doctor will look into a number of aspects of your eye's health. An eye examination can also indicate serious health issues like diabetes, macular degeneration and glaucoma. Some of the conditions an eye doctor looks for during an eye exam are:
- Refractive error: If you already have a prescription this will be checked. In other cases, the strength of the eye muscles is checked for near sightedness, far sightedness and astigmatism which can be corrected with lasik surgery, spectacles or lenses. The earlier a refractive error is corrected, the lower are its chances of increasing. When it comes to children, they often do not realize signs of vision deterioration and hence, an eye examination becomes essential.
- Amblyopia: This is a condition where one eye has a much higher refractive error than the other or where the eyes are misaligned. If this is not treated in time, amblyopia can stunt vision in the affected eye and result in blindness.
- Strabismus: Crossed or turned eyes are termed as cases of strabismus. This is caused by the misalignment of the eyes and can cause problems with depth perception. This can lead to amblyopia and eventual blindness if not treated in time.
- Focusing and communicative problems between the eyes: An eye examination can also determine problems with focusing on objects. With children this can be a sign of underdeveloped focusing skills while in adults it can be a symptom of presbyopia or age related diminished focusing ability. Your doctor will also check how well your eyes work together. If they do not work in tandem, it can cause headaches, eye strains and problems with reading.
- Diseases: By looking at the blood vessels and retina of the eyes, doctors can detect signs of high blood pressure, cholesterol etc. Leaks in the blood vessels or bleeding in the eyes can also be a sign of diabetes or swelling of the macula.
- Age related conditions: As with the rest of the body, the eye tissues and muscles also degenerate with time. Cataract is one of the most common age related issues that affect the eyes.