Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Since 2 years I have been a patient of ocd (obsessive cumulative disorder). And taking fluoxin cr100. But when I stop this medicine it comes back. How to stop this permanently and live happily without over thinking. Wht should I do please suggest. Overthinking is ruining me in many stages of life.
I have a pain in left side eye, jaw, upper teeth,neck and head also. All in left side since last 3-4 days during my fever.
Hello sir/ ma'am My grandmother is of approximately 80 years nd she is suffering from herpes in one eye from 1st may 2016, as told by our nearby doctor. She was first treated in allopathic and when things didn't work out she was shifted to homeopath. In homeopath, approx 40% is cured but not totally and her eye keep on itching from inside and giving burning sensation. Can you please suggest what to do and from which branch of doctor it should be get treated like eyes specialist or skin and which place would be best to get her treatment?
Hi. Pls I am a man of 45 years with little income to spend. Recently I found out that I can not read properly with my EYES no pain what so ever to show any eye problem and above all I now forget things so easily. When I keep or give out anything I not easily remember. Pls HELP me. Thanks.
My 2 year boy has refractive error problem. His left eye got 0. 5 and right eye has 1. 75. My doctor advised for using spectacles. Any other options. Give me your valuable opinion
My eyes are in yellow colour from a long time onwards. How can I change my eye colour to white. Is yellow coloured eyes is any symptom of any diseases.
I am underweight and my eyes are totally gone inside make me looking ugly. Please suggest me the best solution to make my eyes normal.
I had an accident, due which I had ligament injury in my knee (swelling) in 2012, I play basketball, after that accident I am unable to perform at my full, I am done with MRI and report says" swelling in ligament" and the doctor said to wear a knee cap and to do some exercises. I am just 27 and I am very much worried about my knee.
I wear specs of -1.75 diopter is there any natural method to remove specs I want to join defense forces so I want to remove my spex?
Protecting your eyes starts with the food on your plate. Nutrients such as omega-3 fatty acids, lutein, zinc, and vitamins C and E might help ward off age-related vision problems such as macular degeneration and cataracts, studies show. Regularly eating these foods can help lead to good eye health:
Green, leafy vegetables such as spinach, kale, and collards
Salmon, tuna, and other oily fish
Eggs, nuts, beans, and other non-meat protein sources
Oranges and other citrus fruits or juices
My grandchild is suffering from 5 days a pimple in eye she is saying that it is too paining and etching so what treatment she can take.
Hello Doctor My brother is 10 years old and his eyes are very weak he is wearing specs since 2 years earlier is power was -3 ( 8 years old) as he is in growing age now his power is -5 .Is their is any treatment in Ayurveda or homeopathy or allophaty .please help me .i have heard about laser surgery also but he is very small for this surgery
I have problem in my eyes. I can not see everything clear sometimes. And it pains also. So how could I see better?
Drs, I have an eyes problem. I am wearing specs since last 7 years. My eyes are totally blur. I can not see nothing without specs. Now I am 17 years old. What should I do. Pls help me doctors.
Is there any treatment in ayurved to rectify eye squint caused after surgery followed by an injury. Eye do not move upward also.
I have desk job minimum 18 hours I operate computer from last few months I noticed my eyesight is not same as before should I go to doctor?
The spots which occur in the vision are known as eye floaters. One might feel specks of gray and black or cobwebs and strings drifting in the eyes and the same darts away on staring at them directly. The most common cause of eye floaters is age related. This happens when the vitreous & the jelly like substance of the eye becomes very liquid. The fibers within the vitreous clump to form small shadows on the retina. This gives it an appearance of floaters.
Symptoms of eye floaters Include:
- Spots in the vision which appear as knobby or dark specs and strings that are transparent float in the eye
- Spots which move when the eyes are moved and when one tries to look at them these spots quickly move away from the field of vision
- Spots that are noticed most when looking at plain backgrounds like a white wall or blue sky
- Spots which settle and drift put slowly from the vision
Causes of eye floaters are:
- Age-related: The most common cause of eye floaters is the age related changes in the vitreous. Vitreous is a jelly like substance which fills the eyeballs and help it to maintain the round shape. With age the vitreous liquefies partially and this causes it to be pulled away from the interior surface of the eyeball. As the vitreous sags and shrinks, it becomes stringy and clumpy. When the vitreous gets clumpy then small debris block the light which passes through the eye and casts shadows on the retina.
- Inflammation at the back of the eye: The inflammation of the layers of the uvea in the back region of the eye is called posterior uveitis. This can give rise to eye floaters. Posterior uveitis is usually caused by inflammatory disease or infections.
- Bleeding in the eye: Bleeding of the eye in the vitreous can have any cause associated with it. Some might be an injury or the problems of the blood vessel.
- Torn retina: Tearing of the retina occurs when the sagging vitreous applies a pressure on the retina and ends up tearing it. If treatment not given then the retinal tear might lead to the detachment of the retina and accumulation of fluid behind the retina. This causes the retina to separate from the eye. If not treated it might also lead to permanent vision loss.
Treatment of Eye Floaters:
- Eye floaters are very frustrating and might take time to adjust to them. However, with time one might start ignoring them and noticing them less.
- Eye floaters which lead to impaired vision might need laser to disrupt the floaters or surgery to remove the vitreous.