Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sumana Rao
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sumana RaoYour feedback matters!
My Daughter is 21 months old. Sometimes she gets fits (convulsions or epilepsy or any other kind don't know). She got her first fit (by hitting her head accidentally) when she was about 9 months old. We have done MRI and ECG but doctor said that reports are normal. Till then fits repeated 4-5 times. We are taking homeopathic treatment but not getting satisfactory results. On 17/11/15 she got fits three times (of duration about 2-3 minutes each). Please help and suggest, whether homeopathic is good choice in her case.
My baby boy is 9mnth old. Today done with measles vaccine. Aftt few hrs vomitings strtd. Please could you tell me what could be the reason and what i. Need to know .
Stay safe and warm in winters make sure that your babies (speacially small babies) are wearing more then six layers of clothes with cap and socks.
I have given painless pentaxim vaccine once to my 2 month baby boy after that I have given him painful pentavac vaccine. Will there be any reaction by changing the vaccines? Is it safe?
My baby always start crying at night 9pm to 2 am daily what will be the problem and she is only 6 month old tell the solution.
Children are found to be more prone to falling sick than adults. This is not only due to their lower immunity, but also the carelessness of the elders around. Since it is not expected of children to take precautions, it is up to the parents to take care of that. The following is a list of ways to protect your child from one of the most common kinds of illness encountered by children lung infection.
- Avoiding smoking in front of children: It is a well established fact that passive smoking or being in proximity to a smoker is almost as harmful as smoking itself. Parents who smoke in the presence of their children are putting the latter at the risk of lung infections and various serious lung conditions. Thus, children should be kept away from tobacco smoke as much as possible.
- Limited use of mosquito repellents near children: Mosquito repellents have been known to cause asthmatic attacks in small children. The liquidators and the mosquito coils contain chemicals which should not be inhaled, especially by children.
- Avoiding air pollution: Air pollution causes irreparable damage to the lungs of children. Harmful gases and smoke from vehicles can lead to asthma, or even lung cancer, in children. To avoid this as much as possible, children should be made to wear pollution masks, especially while travelling through busy streets with heavy traffic.
- Avoiding objects which can cause allergic reactions or act as triggers: The triggers vary from one child to another and for some, there might not be any trigger at all. However, it is the responsibility of the parents to keep the children away from things, which might cause allergic reactions. Examples of such objects are, certain fabrics, fur of animals, incense sticks, perfumes, talcum powder, citrus food, peanut, pollen, flowers, dust, fumes and so on.
- Teaching them personal hygiene: Teaching children to carry handkerchiefs, cover their mouths while coughing or sneezing, washing their hands properly, and other good hygiene habits, can combat lung infections to a great extent, as these help prevent the spread of germs.
- Timely vaccinations: Proper vaccination acts as a precautionary measure for lung infections in children. Thus, parents should get their children vaccinated after consulting the respective physician.