Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Suman SinghYour feedback matters!
Menstrual disorders are caused by a variety of factors and affect every woman in a different manner. In most cases, it manifests itself in the form of fluctuations in menstrual flow and irregularity in the monthly cycle. Certain disorders are not too severe and can be easily alleviated. Others are more complicated and require the immediate attention of a gynecologist.
As mentioned, there are different specific causes of different kinds of disorders resulting from a range of factors such as hormone levels, functioning of the central nervous system, health of the uterus, etc.
Some of the most common causes of menstrual disorders are as follows:
- Hormonal imbalance: Fluctuating hormone levels in the body have a direct impact on the menstrual cycle. These fluctuations can be caused by dysfunction in the pituitary gland, thyroid gland or adrenal gland. It can also be a result of malfunction in either or both ovaries and the secretion of hormones originating there.
- Anatomic problems: One fourth menstrual disorders are caused by problems of the anatomy. These include various gynecological issues like the presence of uterine fibroids and polyps, reduced uterine contractile strength, adenomyosis (intrusion of uterine tissue into the muscular wall of the uterus), a uterus with an excessively large surface area, and endometrial cancer.
- Clotting irregularities: Abnormality in clotting is a cause of heavy menstrual bleeding in women. It leads to exceeding blood loss from minor cuts and gashes and makes one easily prone to bruising. This may also include medical conditions such as thrombocytopenia (platelet dysfunction) and Von Willebrand disease.
- Medications and supplements: There is a wide range of medications and nutritional or hormonal supplements which often cause menstrual disorders in women and lead to fluctuations in the menstrual cycle. These include medicines such as aspirin, ibuprofen, estrogen pills, Vitamin E supplements etc.
- Miscellaneous factors: These are comparatively rare and require a greater degree of medical attention. It includes conditions such as cervical cancer, ovarian tumors, liver and kidney diseases, uterine infections, extreme psychological stress, obesity, etc. Incidents such as miscarriages and unsuspected pregnancies are also known to cause abnormal menstrual bleeding.
Related Tip: " All You Need To Know About Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder"
Me and my wife want a baby our marriage has been done about 4 months ago But my wife not getting pregnant till now. So please help us.
I am 20 years old I get desperate while having sex I can not wait to put my bf penis in my vagina. why is that so?
I have undergone the laparoscopy two days before doc said uterus mouth is so tight dat may also be the cause of infertility and they loosed it during laparoscopy and saying there s a chance .my doubt is once if uterus mouth is loosed it will remain the same hereafter and can easily conceive.
Hi, we are trying to conceive for that we had done regular sex from 2-3days before ovulation. Now it is 5days after ovulation I m not felling well and having problems like felling bloated, sometimes headache, sometimes pain in middle, left or right abdomen but for few minutes, pain in thies as well as in left ankle, felling not so energetic as before ie felling lazy, and urge to urine it was just for 6-7 hours before two days but after that it was normal but rest of the symptoms are present till now and one more thing my body is warmer than before but its not fever, can anyone tell have I conceived or its something else?
Hi I'm 2 months pregnant and I have leukorrhea in daily and I just want to know it's good or not during my pregnancy. Please guide me Doctor.
I have an irregular period and intercourse was done nearly very close to the date of periods. The 2 nd and the 3 rd semen was consumed. What are the symptoms of pregnancy. Is the chances to get pregnant very less? And when does fertilisation occur and when is it okay to find the accurate pregnancy result. What's the percentage of getting pregnant as the semen consumed wasn't removed after intercourse.
Choose your white foods carefully
- Avoid white rice, bread, pasta. These refined foods promote weight gain as they are digested quickly and cause your blood-sugar and insulin levels to spike.
- Making the switch to wholesome wholegrain varieties will help you maintain a healthy weight and keep you full for longer, as they are rich in fibre and help keep your blood-sugar levels balanced.
- Includes whole grain choices like whole oats, quinoa, brown rice, daliya, buckwheat, whole grain pasta and grainy bread add in your main meal.
Drink 2-3 litres of water a day
We often forget to keep our water intake up during winter, yet it is important to drink plenty of water all year round for good health. Don't forget air conditioning and heaters can be very dehydrating.
Try to drink at least two litres a day. Herbal teas count too.
There are many wonderful health-promoting teas to choose from such as ginger (great for improving circulation), green (a powerful antioxidant and can help promote weight loss), and chamomile (helps calm your nerves).
Eat protein with every meal
- One of the best ways to maintain a healthy weight is to eat good-quality, low-fat protein at each meal.
- Protein foods have a low gi and help to stabilise blood-sugar levels, which in turn will help curb sugar cravings and prevent you snacking on sugary carbohydrate foods.
- A good guide is to keep protein servings to the size and thickness of your palm. Some healthy protein choices include nuts, seeds, legumes (and legume-based foods such as hummus), egg white, fish, lean meat, chicken, low-fat dairy and soy products.
- Protein foods also help to create a feeling of fullness, preventing you from overeating.
Fill half your plate with fruit and veg salad
- At least half of your diet should be made up of fresh fruit and vegetables (including legumes).
- Fruit and vegetables are an excellent source of important vitamins and minerals including vitamins a and c, folate, iron and calcium.
- Purple, red and orange varieties are particularly high in potent health-promoting antioxidants.
- However, if you are watching your waistline, don't overdo higher-gi veggies such as potato, sweet potato and pumpkin.
- Aim to have about three pieces of fruit a day. Try adding fruit to your porridge, and make stewed fruit have with muesli or natural yoghurt in the morning.
Start your dinner with soup
- Have a small bowl of low-calorie mix veg soup before your main meal to help manage your weight.
- Doing this is not only a great way to increase your vegetable intake, it can help reduce the amount of food and calories you consume in a meal.
- To save time, make a healthy vegetable-based soup at the beginning of the week and freeze portions.
- Don't forget to add immune-boosting ingredients such as garlic, ginger, onion and miso to help protect yourself from colds and flu.
Hello, everyone. I am Dr Indu Taneja, working as a Senior consultant at Fortis Escorts Hospital, Faridabad. My area of interest is high-risk obstetrics and laparoscopic surgery. Today I will speak about PCOD i.e, Polycystic Ovarian Diseases.
This is a disease which is affecting a maximum number of girls these days. In my OPD, there are 10-20 % of the girls are suffering from PCOD. The main symptoms of this disease are;
- Irregular periods
- Abnormal hair growth
- Excessive weight gain
The most common cause of this disease is the change in lifestyle of the young generation. Nowadays, the young girls are just sitting, chatting on their phone, keep sitting in front of the computers, having a lot of junk food like old drinks and hardly go for any outdoor activity. All these leads to increase in the weight gain and hormonal distribution changes which are hormonal imbalance leading to the symptoms of irregular periods and hair growth.
This disease is treatable. This disease can be treated very easily by your own will power.
- You have to change your lifestyle. Changing lifestyle means doing any kind of exercise like yoga, gym, atleast 4-5 days in a week.
- Cut down your junk food.
- Do some kind of dieting. This will lead to the reduction in your weight. If the weight is less than definitely, the hormonal imbalance is going to be better.
- Of course, the medicines are required to treat this disease but medicines are not as important as a change in the lifestyle. The medicines can be required for a long time also. But if you continue losing weight then the medicines will be more effective.
If you want to consult me the treatment or for any other problem, you can connect with me via. Lybrate for the video call or audio consultation. Also, you can come to my clinic which is Fortis Escorts Hospital in Faridabad.
My Friend and his partner had sexual intercourse with any protection. My friend is in doubt that his partner is pregnant. As few days are remaining to come her periods so that she is confirmed whether she is pregnant or not. If she is pregnant will any medicine work after 10 days of their intercourse please help.
I am 35 years old and have irregular cycle like 21,25,28 with 3 to 5 days bleeding from last 3-4 months. My periods was begins on 31st Jan and finished on 2nd of Feb. I had sex on 6th of February as I thought its safe but now I am sacred that will I get pregnant. Pls help.
I am 24 yrs. I have some rituals in my home from 23rd nov to 29th nov. But my last months periods date was 21st of oct. And as expectedin this month it will happen between 23rd to 25th of nov. Please suggest me any medicine so that I can preponed my menses.
Hi I am 17 year old. Ek month phle 13 July ko muje dengue hua tha tabhi mere periods aaye the 21 koo and now abhii tk nhii aaye and abhii bhii muje thoda weakness and body problem hai to can I take mp forte plzz suggest me.
Can multiple small follicles become normal? Is there any diet to be followed for getting normal egg size for pregnancy? How much time it will take. My age is 27 years. (for my wife. Is treatment there for getting pregnant by doing follicle size size normal. Pls help me.
I am 34 years old lady married for 10years ago since I dont have any baby as I am suffering from high thyroid and m taking medicine for that thyronorm 50mg. Is it possible to get pregnant?
LOW BACK PAIN IN PREGNANCY
- Both during and after pregnancy women are subjected to altered mechanical stresses which affect the low back and frequently result in low back problems.
- As the new infant develops in the mother's womb, two simple changes take place which influence her posture.First, there is the gradually increasing bulk and weight of the developing infant. In order to maintain balance during standing and walking, the mother must lean further backward to counterbalance her altered weight distribution. The result of this postural adjustment is an increase in lordosis.
- In the final weeks of pregnancy the lordosis may become excessive, and this may lead to overstretching of the tissues surrounding the joints of the low back.
- Second, to prepare the body for the impending delivery of the baby, the joints of the pelvis and lower back are made more flexible and elastic .
- This greater elasticity means that the joints involved become more lax and are easily overstretched when subjected to mechanical strains.
- After the child is born the mother is often too busy to care for herself properly, and sometimes the postural fault which has developed during pregnancy remains present for the rest of her life. If your back problems commenced during or after pregnancy, it is likely that your lordosis has become excessive and your problems are caused mainly by postural stresses. If this is the case, the extension exercises recommended for the majority of people with low back pain are unsuitable for you at the present time, and you should concentrate mainly on correction of the standing posture.
- Problems caused by postural stresses are always resolved by postural correction. For one week you must watch your posture very closely. At all times you should maintain the correct posture, not only during standing but also while walking. You must stand tall and walk tall and not allow yourself to slouch. If after one week of postural correction the pain has disappeared or reduced considerably,faulty posture is to be blamed for your back problems.
- If your back problems commenced during or after pregnancy and you feel worse when standing and walking but much better when sitting, extension exercises again are not suitable for you.