Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. SumalathaYour feedback matters!
Almost everything you eat and drink has an impact on your oral health, especially your teeth. This impact is not just due to the food's nutritional value, but also because parts of the mouth come in direct contact with the food that is taken. For example, if the teeth come in contact with a compound that has a pH value lower than 5.5, the enamel of teeth can get softened.
The following is a list of the foods, which are good for your teeth:
- Dairy products: Milk and most other dairy products are rich in calcium and protein. The cells called osteoblasts absorb calcium and create the protein tissues, which are the building blocks of the skeleton. An added advantage of these foods is that they are low in sugar content, which is beneficial for the teeth.
- Water: Fluoridated water is extremely good for bone and dental health. Minerals like chlorine, calcium, phosphorus and fluorine can prevent damage caused by acidic foods.
- Dry fruits: Most nuts are protein rich. The processes of biting and chewing also stimulate the salivary glands and saliva helps to clean the mouth and maintain oral health.
- Meat: Meat is also high in protein content and so it helps to protect the teeth and replenish the dissolved enamel. Fish and eggs are similarly helpful.
Here is a list of things that you should consume in regulated quantities to maintain dental health:
- Citrus fruits: Fruits like lemons, oranges, grapes etc contain citric acid. Acidic foods erode the tooth enamel and so these kinds of fruits should be included in your daily diet in small portions.
- Carbonated drinks: Most soft drinks and beverages contain large quantities of sugar. The sugar can be used by the dental plaque (mass of bacteria growing on the inside on the mouth) to produce acids and over time, which gives rise to a thick yellow layer on the teeth, damaging them.
- Candied sugar: Foods that are sticky can remain stuck in between the teeth for a very long time and cause decay of the enamel and harm the gums.
I've recently noticed that my two front teeth are being pushed forward more and more, the one on the left much worse, and was wondering why this is happening since they did not use to be like this? What can be done to fix them and is there anything that I can do at home myself? How can I stop my two front teeth from being pushed out anymore. Is there any faster way to treat them.
Munching foods like apples, pears, carrots or celery after brushing can help in preventing discoloration
I am Having ulcer in tongue for last 15 days. Suggest some medicine. I am having habit of chewing tobacco. For last 5 days feeling less pain.
I am 44 year old.I am living in Hubli city.I want to implant molar tooths can you suggest me good doctors in Hubli and what is the cost?
Sir, My name is Kishore Parida, I am diabetic, my sugar level is fasting 140 and PP 185, my oral health is continue go down, several time go to oral checkup but there is no improve. When I filling pain I used pain release Ointment. Dr. What the best Tooth Pest for improving my teeth.
MY tongue is yellow due to which I feel that it should be not be? What is its effect ?My teeth are also yellow not too but a bit? I think it is because of my yellowish tongue. I have phlegm also which never goes! How can I remove this yellowness?
I have problems in my teeth. Blood is coming while brushing. It is from last one year. I used sensodyne toothpaste. My teeth is being in yellow colour. I dont take any tobacco or. Cigerate. Then what to do.
I am thirtyseven years old man. My one molar is missing due to cavity now space is there should I get a new tooth implanted there or should I leave it like that.
Oral diseases are very common. Many of the patients fail to maintain proper oral hygiene. Consequently, they develop oral diseases like ulcers, bleeding gums and stomatitis. Although these diseases are not fatal to a great extent, they cause discomfort and embarrassment in public. Bad breath, pain, swelling and bleeding in the gums are some common symptoms of these diseases.
These diseases can be cured by allopathic means. However, homeopathic treatment is safer, cheaper and effective. You don’t need to take up expensive and invasive treatments. Here are some homeopathic remedies for oral diseases like Aphthae, Ulcers, Bleeding Gums and Ulcers:
- Borax: This is useful in treating apthous inflammation of the mouth. Aphthae refers to the occurrence of small white spots and ulcers on the mucous membrane of the mouth. It is caused due to fungal infection. It can be cured by the use of Borax mixed with honey. In case the patient suffers flat ulcers, soreness and salivation, mercurius is given. In acute cases of violent inflammation, aurum is prescribed.
- Baptisia: This medicine is prescribed for treating bleeding gums. If the patient is found to have developed ulcerated gums, cracked tongue and excessively bad breath, Baptisia can be given to them. The colour of the blood oozing out should be dark red.
- Nitric Acid: It is given to patients with whitish gums, acrid saliva and experiencing prickling pain. This is also good for patients with deep bluish ulcers and swollen salivary glands.
- Mercurius Solubius: It helps in healing ulcers and cures the pain. One can consume Merc Sol 30c three times a day for 2 to 3 days. It stops the re-occurrence of ulcers.
- Arsenicum: It can be prescribed to patients with sloughing ulcers. It is given to patients suffering from livid or bluish gums. If the patient suffers from canker sores, salicylic acid can be given.
- Kerosote: If a patient finds that black blood is oozing out of his or her gums, kerosote can be given to them. This helps in clotting of the blood quickly. This is prescribed for patients with dark and crumbling teeth and putrid mouth.
- Carbo Veg: This is given to patients who suffer from bleeding gums. If the patient notices blood oozing out from the gums while brushing, white tongue and general weakness, this medicine can be prescribe. It improves the process of oxygenation of blood.
- Phosphorus: This is the medicine for pregnant women. Sometimes, pregnant women suffer from bleeding gums due to hormonal imbalance. Phosphorus helps in curing the adverse effects of pregnancy hormones on the gums and oral region.
- Calcarea Carb: It cures bleeding gums. It is given to patients, who suffer from dry tongue at night.