Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Suma VenugopalYour feedback matters!
Me & my girlfriend wants to have safe sex. But she wants to have sex without having any protection. Her periods will come in mid of 2nd week in every month. Please suggest how to have safe sex without having any protection.
Hi I'm 22. I'm in relationship with my boyfriend. We had several times of intercourse. I'm suffering from abdominal pain for 3 days. When we were in an intimate relationship I had this pain. Is it normal to have abdominal pain in that moment (though we had many times)?
With a number of virus and other mosquito borne disease threats looming in, such as dengue, chikungunya, malaria and other deadly diseases. The number of cases are on the rise throughout the country, there has been an alarming rise is the use of market bought mosquito repellents. While they are no doubt, very effective, but they also emit gases which can be harmful to us. There exist in our homes, commodities with which we can achieve the same results - to have a mosquito-free home. Few such ways are as follows:
1. Though it might smell bad initially, it is also the reason why mosquitoes will stay away. Crush a few pods of garlic, boil it in water and spray the liquid in the room, especially in the corners.
2. Camphor is easily available and good way to get rid of mosquitoes. Light a little bit of camphor in a room after closing all doors and windows. Leave the room for about twenty minutes and when you go back, your room will be mosquito free.
3. Infuse citronella oil in a candle and burn the candle to have a mosquito free room. Alternatively, you can use the oil in a vaporizer.
4. If you have a garden, plant mosquito repellent plants like lavender, catnip and citronella in the areas near the windows of your house to drive the mosquitoes away.
5. Get rid of all stored water within and around your house. These waters are breeding grounds for mosquitoes. If you need to store water for the unexpected shortage of water, make sure that you keep changing it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
The brain is not a stagnant realm fed with a granted quota of intelligence and memory at birth. It is always in a state of flux. Exercising your brain in various ways accelerates its ability to perform better. It is in your hands to have a sharper take on situations and occurrences. Playing games that require brainstorming, solving quizzes, crosswords or playing chess makes you feel rejuvenated and tired at the same time; the reason being activated brain cells. A healthy brain will affect your life decisions positively and you probably will think rightly before you leap.
Tips to exercise those brain cells:
1. Meditate and calm your mind: Ten minutes of meditation each day can help you get over anxiety. When your mind is at peace you think out pros and cons with enhanced insight. This composure reflects in each of your actions. Meditation demands your brain to be quiet when it is accustomed to work; you therefore have greater control over it.
2. Music can improve your brain abilities: Music is the best antidote for a sloppy brain. Music excites the neurons healing a bruised memory. It gifts you with clarity of thought. Apart from listening to music one must try to play a musical instrument. Teaching yourself things puts your mind through a strict regimen of constructive activities.
3. Take out time to learn a new language: We are paralyzed the minute our brain gives up. Due to several external and internal reasons each one of us is likely to suffer from cognitive disorders on being subjected to extreme pressure or shock. Trying to learn a new language motivate your brain cells to have a wider vocabulary, which further restricts your chances of brain damage.
4. Mental mathematics could better your intelligence: Calculators, computers and phones are ridding us of our ability to compute individual data. Computation and consolidation of data helps your mind to work faster with precision. So, you now know those lessons on mental mathematics in childhood were actually the key to a well-rounded brain.
5. Think of something novel: The more the number of neurons the merrier is your brain. Take pains to direct your mind on a novel track. Thinking beyond what is given and expected helps your brain grow new neurons. It builds up your creativity letting you discover more of your capabilities. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
Kya hame pata chal skta h ultrasound me ki hamara fallopian tube block h ya pcod h. Or nai to kya test karwne se pata chalega.
I am pregnant with my husband now we don't want baby because first Baby is one year old daughter so we want abortion please help.
I am 44 yrs. My last periods in December 2015. After that no periods has come. FSH test taken in march 2016 showed 150.10. Yesterday I taken beta hcg - result shows 7.90. Am I pregnant? Please advise.
5 months ago she was attempt a suicide taking phenyl n some sleeping peels (. 25mg*10). In that time she was cured in there nearest nursing home. But now she first time vomit 3-4times with red and blackish blood. So what should we do now.
I got last period at april 26th 2017 but still now I did not get period .i have 2 years baby still feeding.
Home remedies for sore breast
Olive oil massage
You should always take out some time from your busy schedule to take care of your health. Breast massage should be positively done during that time with the help of olive oil. It will be best before taking shower when you are in the bathroom. Just take a teaspoon of olive oil and apply over your breast leaving the nipples. Massage it in a circular direction starting from the middle of the two breasts and making a circle with an upright lift towards the arm. This will improve the blood circulation in your breast and keep it away from soreness.
If you are suffering from swollen breast, get some ice cubes and wrap either towel or a cotton cloth over the same and apply the bag over the swollen breast. This should be done slowly tapping around the breast region in a circular motion. Do this slowly for around 10 minutes and see the different. The pain and swollen appearance of you breast will be effectively reduced.
Soy includes phytoestrogen which is quite like a hormone that can balance hormonal fluctuations. Since most of the soreness and tenderness in breast takes place due to hormonal imbalance, you must consume good amount of soy foods in order to get relief from such breast problems. You can also get some meat substitutes that are based on soy. Those meats must be consumed positively to keep your breast well maintained. You can also consume soy milk to replace soybean as this also have proved to be an excellent source of estrogens.
Some food contains methylaxantine which is can also give rise to pain and soreness in breast. These foods include tea, beer, cheese, mushrooms, coffee, wine, chocolate, peanut butter etc. You must not consume these foods on a regular basis if you are often suffering from the trouble of soreness in breast tissue.
Vitamin B6 and E
You can consume foods that have combined effect of Vitamin E and B6. These are really effective in making your breast tenderness back to its form. Some of the natural fruits that contains such vitamins include nuts, wheat, Avocados, spinach etc. If you can get them from the market and consume on a regular basis, staying away from sore breast will be easier.
You must also consume good amount of fibrous food in your diet in order to stay away from all types of breast complication. Some of the natural fibrous food includes legumes, fruits, black beans, and vegetables. This will easily reduce all types of complication in breasts.
Intake of sodium
Some people have a habit of consuming excess salt which include sodium. But, you should be very cautious with regards to the intake of sodium as excessive amount of sodium consumption can give rise to swelling in breast. It is important to avoid raw salt frequently as this can also lead to tenderness and breast soreness. Since sodium increase the sodium retention, it will also cause the breast to swell. If you can restrict the consumption of sodium intake, you don’t need to visit doctor to reduce breast tend
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
I'm 37 weeks pregnant. For past one week, I'm getting back pain often. Wat does this symptom refers.
One week back I had sex with my husband immediately after my periods And I used pill There is any chance of getting pregnancy? If there is a chance what should I do to stop it?
1.Learn how to eat
The first step to controlling IBS is eating properly. And not just what you eat, but when and how. Eat little and often and at regular times.
Your digestive system will then get into a good routine and eating smaller amounts will avoid bloating and diarrhoea.
Also eat slowly. Gulping food quickly can make you swallow air, which results in wind and bloating. Chew well and drink lots of water.
2 Change your pattern
Eat your biggest meals earlier in the day and have a light evening meal. Also have foods that are harder to digest like raw fruit and vegetables before 4pm.
3 Soothe yourself
Different herbs and supplements can ease the symptoms of IBS. Calcium supplements are thought to counteract diarrhoea as it slows down gut contractions.
Experts recommend linseed for constipation, while artichoke can help digestive complaints, especially after eating fatty foods.
Finally, taking 500mg of turmeric extract once a day can also help because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
4 Keep on moving
Regular exercise can reduce bloating and constipation in IBS sufferers. Even 30 minutes of moderate exercise like brisk walking or yoga five times a week will help.
5 Peppermint oil
Taken in tea, oil, herb or capsule form, peppermint oil can help alleviate symptoms by relaxing the intestinal muscles.
Peppermint tea bags are readily available or just add a few drops of oil to half a glass of warm water.
6 Try different things
There are a number of complementary therapies that might ease symptoms, including reflexology, aromatherapy, massage, acupressure and yoga.
Find one that suits you.
7 Be prepared
Many sufferers dread going out for meals for fear the stress will trigger symptoms. But planning ahead is key.
First, find out where the loo is as soon as you arrive so you know you can get there easily if you need to.
Try to have a look at the menu before you go so you can carefully pick out the safest foods for you. Lots of restaurants have their menus online.
If you’re afraid of things going wrong, take some preventative medication before you go out.
Don’t overeat. Finally, relax as stress could risk an attack.
8 Black pepper
It might not seem that powerful, but black pepper can make a big difference.
Black pepper oil soothes cramps and relieves wind and also stimulates a sluggish digestive system.
9 Breathe slowly
Some people swallow air when they’re anxious, adding to the problem of wind and bloating.
Learn to control this by practising abdominal breathing.
Sit comfortably with your shoulders lowered and relaxed. Breathe in slowly through both nostrils and count to five, expanding your tummy.
Hold for five seconds and then exhale to a count of five, drawing your stomach in.
10 Sleep tight
Too little sleep or poor sleep has been shown to have a direct impact on the severity of IBS, so avoid caffeine later in the day.