Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Suma VenugopalYour feedback matters!
Dear sir/madam My wife is 25 year old, two month back we have taken mifty kit to avoid pregnancy. It worked OK. Then after one month she had her period. Now she missed her period and we tested and found she is pregnant and we are not ready for baby. Can we take mifty kit again without having risk for future pregnancy. Thanking you.
Hello doctor. . Can you tell me when will my baby born. I am pregnant. . My 8th month is completed n 9th is running. .
Doc me and my gf had sex wen I ejaculate condom was broken and my sperm was gone her but after that she took I pill within. Hour so will she get pregnant or not please help me.
I am going through irregular period I have to get my date on 7th of march but I did not and my last period is on 7th of feb from feb to march 12 I am with my parent (no intercourse) after 12 th of march I am with my husband up to date are there any chances that I my conceive (pregnant)?
Hello dr, I am 24 years I am married 2 year ago, we start planning baby in june 2016, but nothing happens till I already had 2 follicular done with HCG injection but didn't get conceived. Now again my Dr. told me to do HSG to check my Fallopian tube is fully open my husband sperm count is 120 ml but my husband had depression and he's taking zenoxa for mood stabilizer and fludac for depression please Dr. suggest me what to do I really want my child I am also getting depressed I really want my child now?
I am the age of 21 I have had sex first time while emitting there is lot of bleeding in private part from last four days there is continuous bleeding in the morning time while toilet. is this is normal ?
I have swelling in my vagina which is itchy and feels dryness there and while having sex it burns and feels itchy too.
In our day to day lifestyle, it has become very difficult to maintain routine and habits to the optimal level. But in order to, function efficiently and to put your body in full functioning capacity, here are five energy boosting foods to try:
- Honey: This natural sweetener is extremely low on the glycemic index and acts as muscle fuel, thus helping you to replenish the muscles during and post exercising. It is literally nature's counterpart to an energy drink that can be added to tea, water or even your yoghurt.
- Banana: One of the most popular and well loved energy foods, bananas being mostly composed of sugars, can provide a head-on energy boost.
- Nuts: They are extremely important in converting sugar into energy. Also, they are extremely handy to munch on when feeling lethargic or low in energy. Nuts like almonds, cashew nuts or hazelnuts are rich in magnesium and help to keep blood sugar levels even and supply protein to keep the hunger away.
- Cardamom: This popular spice is well known to help boost energy by promoting blood flow. Indulge in a cardamom laden curry or a tea infused with cardamom to combat low energy levels.
- Apples: Since they take much longer to digest in comparison to other fruits, these beautiful fruits provide a more prolonged energy boost. Being high in fiber, they're easy to carry around and munch on.
This is not an exhaustive list, and there are several more where they came from. Pick out the food items that are easily available for you and keep them at hand to pick you up when you function on low energy levels.
Related Tip: "Top 5 Carb Rich Foods for Breakfast"
Hi. I am 23 years old. Within how many days does the menses will come. After taking mensovit plus tablet of 6 capsules 3 per day.
Hello doctors. My gf lst periods date was 4/12/16 .so according to her periods cyle nxt period it should be on 29/12/16 but today her periods start I mean bfr 12 days. Yes before 10 days we have done sex with soft. And now she suffered from cold. Is she is pregnant or it is happen only for cold. please hlp me.
My friend have size of cysts of about 1.5 cm and doctors said that its normal size is in mm. How dangerous is that? And also have swelling with that in stomach and its too much increased that if it increases more than her uterus has to be removed. Whats the solution of all these problems?
I am 25 years old. I have skinny body and I am 5'2" 40 kgs weight. I was diagnosed with pcod and hirsutism. What should I eat to increase my body weight and balance the hormone levels?
Agar kisi aurat ka opretion se bacha hota hai aur garmi ka din hai. Asai me uska operation kiya hua pak jata hai to use kya karna chahiye PSE, advice me.
Meri friend ne sex kia 31st ko per ab uske stomach me pain ho rha hai or vomiting bhi hui 3 august ko or ab headache bhi ho rha hai and uski date 12 ko aati hai toh hum kya kre date tak ka wait kre yaa fir aap aise koi medicine bta do ki jis se date time se ho jaye or pregnancy ka koi dar naa ho please.
I am a 21 year old female. I had my periods on 20th of april for 4 days my cycle length is of 35 days. I took an ipill on 8th of may as a consequence of unprotected sex which resulted into bleeding on 9th and lasted for 4 days. My periods for this month was to scheduled to be on 26th may but I had to take an ipill again on 22nd yet my periods have not arrived. The pill has been taken within the duration of 24 hrs. Is it safe to have these pills twice a month and why I am not bleeding yet? Please consult as this is my very first experience with these pills.
My friend got married last week. She told me that they had hard time to do intercourse first time. She is too feared of doing it and neither her husband has prior experience of doing it. So should I suggest her to go and see some sexologist or see some information on web. Please suggest how can I help her.
Helo doctor, my concern is, last 4 month I am trying to conceive but I CNT, well main problem is my period time, my period is not regular, it's comes not monthly, mostly comes in 2 months ,so I am not able to knw my exact ovulation time period. My last period date was 23sept but still my period not come, today I check 1 or 2 drop bleeding done. please suggest me ,is there any solution.
Gynaecological problems are all the disorders associated with the female reproductive system. These generally manifest themselves in the reproductive organs situated in the abdominal, pelvic and breast areas of the body. A woman age plays an important role in these cases since the problems are generally associated with hormone changes that take place with ageing.
Such disorders are common and in most cases, arise due to an infection or hormone level fluctuation that usually eases in a few days. Many gynaecological problems are potentially life-threatening and may severely damage fertility, and the chances of procreation. Recognition and early treatment of these problems are thus of utmost importance.
Following are the most common symptoms of gynaecological disorders:
- Vaginal bleeding between periods and during/after sexual intercourse
- Frequent and urgent need to urinate or a burning sensation during urination
- Excessive growth of body hair
- Sores, lumps or boils in the genital or breast area
- Severe pelvic pain that differs from menstrual cramps
- Pain or discomfort during intercourse
- Menstrual periods lasting for more than 7 days
- Itching, burning, swelling, redness or soreness in the vaginal area
- Vaginal discharge with an unpleasant or unusual odour, or of an unusual colour
- While vaginal bleeding and discharge are essential parts of the menstrual cycle, if these happen in excess or at unusual times, it becomes symptomatic of a gynaecological disorder.
The signs of gynaecological problems often resemble that of urological ailments and other medical syndromes. Recognising these symptoms and consulting a gynaecologist immediately ensures quick alleviation of the problem.
Ignoring them will lead to several maladies such as:
Vulvodynia - This is the term for disorders of the vulva, whose symptoms include pain, itching, swelling and soreness of the vulva.
Vaginitis - This includes all infections of the vagina, such as herpes, yeast infections, Chlamydia, etc. Problems of the vulva also fall into this category.
Organ failure - Pelvic pain is a symptom of dysfunction in one of the organs in the pelvic area - uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes, cervix, lower intestines, or rectum.
Cancer - In some cases, gynaecological problems refer to various cysts and tumours in the reproductive system, which could develop into cancer.
3 Key Things to Know About Female Sexuality
The idea of female sexuality has been oppressed and suppressed since time immemorial but modern times have brought a much-needed change. Exploring women's libido and why it depletes is one of the important aspects of their sex drive. The following are some of the important things to know about female sexuality:
1. Desire to be desirable - In present times, the effect of media and advertising on women's self and sexual esteem often proves to be detrimental. Such portrayals may often make women view their physical and sexual self as less than desirable. This can lead to depression, social anxiety, and stress. Thus, one may be at an increased chance of taking up harmful habits like smoking and drinking.
2. Low desire is normal - Woman's biological makeup results in high degree of variation in woman's sexual desire during various phases of her life such as pregnancy and lactation as well as during her menstrual cycle. This is in stark contrast to a man's drive which has no cyclical variation. Often this is not understood and woman are labelled as having low sexual desire. Added to this is the desire discrepancy within a couple. The one who has higher levels of libido considers the other as having lowered desire. Understanding these facts can help couples to deal with their disappointments in a better way. Apart from the biological makeup, household responsibilities, under-nutrition, social factors and attitude towards sexuality, coupled with a long-term monogamous relationship, lower the interest of sex in women temporarily.
3. Parenthood and sex - Studies indicate that one-third of couples experience a notable amount of sexual loss once they have children. Around a total of ninety studies concluded that couples who have children had lower marital satisfaction than non-parents. A correlation was found between marital dissatisfaction and the number of children.