Find numerous Nephrologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Nephrologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Suma Raju
Submit a review for Dr. Suma RajuYour feedback matters!
I had a recent procedure for removing my kidney stone and a stent has been placed from my kidney to bladder. Can anyone please suggest, whether I can use nicotex chewing gum. Since am a smoker, it is becoming very hard to control for nicotine.
Hi I am often suffering from urinary infection accompanied by sudden fever. I am regularly taking mortifer and tamcotin tablets. Yet the problem persists. I am diabetic to. Please advice for cure. I am 70 years old.
Diet for kidney stone patients which food we have to avoid what are the precautions we have to take after operation.
I am 25 years old now days I'm suffering from calcification testis problem it was found in report at the time of sonography. Also small stones upto 3 mm was detected near to kidney. Now it is paining I consult fewer doctors but neither I get satisfied answer nor treatment if any body can give me right direction about treatment? Please help
Dear, I have Irritation in my urine, and I got yellow urine in the morning with burning, please suggest me any good medicine, and I feel something heavy on my left lower abdomen. Regards,
Ayurveda is a holistic system of medicine that focuses on improving your overall well-being, rather than just focusing on the symptoms of the disease. Being a complete natural based method, it has no side effects. Ayurvedic remedies for kidney stones emphasize on improving your lifestyle and diet to keep the energy balance in your body.
The causes of kidney stones range from factors such as an imbalanced diet, sedentary lifestyle and spicy food. Less water consumption is also a major cause of kidney stones. These factors cause problems in the various doshas in the human body, leading to diseases. It leads to toxin formation in the body called ama. These toxins trickle down to the urinary tract, causing crystals to form, thus leading to kidney stones.
Ayurvedic remedies consist of using diuretic herbs to dissolve the stones. Once the stones are dissolved, it is then recommended to use various cleansing techniques such as Panchakarma, which helps in strengthening the body. It is recommended to drink at least 2 to 3 liters of water daily and urinate whenever the urge occurs.
If the bladder stores the urine for a long time, then it leads to kidney stones. You need to cut down on foods that contain salt in excess. Add more green vegetables to your diet as they provide the body with essential nutrients such as calcium.
A comprehensive list of the changes you should make are:
1. Avoid eating dry and heavy foods
2. Limit consumption of coffee, tea, pickle based foods and cold drinks
3. Restrict consumption of non-vegetarian foods such meat and poultry
4. Drink adequate water regularly
5. Consume parboiled rice, brown rice and ginger
6. Consume lots of fruit juices, soup and water
7. Increase water consumption during summer months
8. Don’t suppress the urge to urinate
Some herbal remedies to control kidney stones are combining “mehendi” with water to form a decoction and then consuming it. Increase consumption of horse-gram as it decreases risk of kidney stones. Make sure you exercise on a regular basis as it improves your overall well-being and keeps you healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ayurveda and ask a free question.
Right Kidney normal in size, shape, outline, lie, parenchymal texture & pelvicalyceal system shows moderate hydronephrosis due to a calculus of size 16.5 mm seen in under part of ureter. Please suggest for this
He goes for Peeing (loo) many times. When he is outside on job its all normal. But in room he goes in every 10-15 mins. He doesn't have Diabetes also. What are possible cases? Or is it normal? (He doesn't drink too much water too).
Some one said me that intake of fenugreek affects the kidney function by increase in creatinine out go in urine .is it right or otherwise. Your expert opinion is eagerly awaited.
This is my 3rd month in pregnancy. During pregnancy still bleeding comes out when ever I do work hard. Please givE me a suggestion. Even I am suffer with pain in kidney areA.
Can kidney stone be the reason of gas? Actually I feel senselessness and stiffness around both my kidneys. Is this stiffness and senselessness caused by kidney stone? I have right renal calculus of 0.42 cm size.
I got ringworms, rashes and also severe itching near thighs, urinary system? Suggest me what to do sir?
Hi. Sir mere ling me jalan rhti hai hamesha aur peshab peella hota hai. Me 2 mahine se alag alag doctor se dwa le rha prr koi farq nhi ho rha hai. Sir mene urine test. Urain clutcher tast. Blood test. Sono garaphy sab karaya sab normal hai. Sir mujhe ling ko le krr ab ghabrahat uljhan rhti hai pura din. Sir me kya karu kuch samjh me nhi aarha. Kaam me mann nhi lagta. Please help me. Jawab hindi me dennn. Please . Thanks.
Kidney stones are caused when certain minerals of your urine are retained and are not fully released, causing them to amalgamate and form a stone. Passing a kidney stone is one of the most painful experiences you may face physically. Its magnanimity is often compared to childbirth, and those who are suffering from kidney stones dread having this experience. If you are not yet affected by kidney stones and do not want to, read further to know what type of diet you need to follow in order to prevent it.
- Drink lots of water: On an average, a person must be drinking at least 3 liters of water every day. If you live in a more hot and humid climate, your water intake must be even more than that, so that on an average, 2.5 liters of urine is passed throughout the day, which decreases the chance of unnecessary retention of minerals from the urine and release them more easily from the body.
- Continue eating foods rich in calcium: It is a common misconception that calcium accelerates the formation of kidney stones. Calcium is digested by the intestine, only excess calcium cannot be digested by the intestine and is sent to the kidney. Continue consuming calcium rich foods unless your doctor prescribes you against it. Make sure your diet includes enough dairy products such as milk, cheeses, etc., or other calcium rich foods, such as oats and broccoli.
- Limit intake of oxalic acid: Oxalic acid is mostly found in foods obtained from plants. It restricts the absorption of calcium in the intestines and as a result, more calcium is passed into the kidneys; thus, forming calcium oxalate, or oxalate stones. Try to avoid foods, such as rhubarb, Swiss chard, nuts, tea, sweet potatoes, etc.;mainly leguminous plant products.
- Decrease the ingestion of sodium salts, sugar and meat protein: Salts and sugars, mainly found in packaged foods are used to prevent them from expiring. They increase the release of calcium and oxalates into the blood, which thus increases the chance to develop kidney stones. Meat contains fibers which affect certain nutrients in the kidney, thus aggravating the formation of stones.
- Increase the consumption of insoluble fibers: Insoluble fibers are those rough fibers which are not soluble in water during the process of digestion. They are found in rice, wheat, barley, etc., and are found to decrease calcium absorption in the kidney. They attach themselves to the calcium and oxalates, which enable them to be released as stool instead of urine.
Related Tip: "4 Types Of Kidney Stones and Their Common Symptoms"