Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Suma KaranthYour feedback matters!
Most pregnant women get the advice that they should eat for two in pregnancy. Is that true? well, yes and no! yes, because the dietary requirement of a pregnant woman increases in pregnancy. A pregnant woman needs approximately 300 calories more than a non-pregnant woman daily. And no, because eating for two doesn't mean eating for two adults. One has to take into account that the second person that one is eating for is very tiny compared to an adult, and therefore an extra 300 calories are all that you need to add to your daily diet during pregnancy.
Hello doctor, I have 65 days old kid. Everyday I make him to sleep around 10 PM - 11 pm and I feed him during that time. After that next I feed him around 5 am. He never wakes up in between. Is this correct or do I have to wake him up and feed him in between. In day time I feed frequently when ever he needs it.(more than 7,8 times)
I am 29 years male my wife is 26 we married it's love marriage 3 years back as she is suffering with vaginismus till date we dint had sex I contacted doctors too they told why of take her to Gynaecologist but she is not coming. Not allowing touch her private part. Please help.
Hello sir/mam Meri age 21 year hai mujhe periods time se nahi ata aur kabhi kabhi 3 din mai hi ruk jata hai mera weight bhi 35 hai bus please mujhe advice dejiye.
Last month I got my period on 17th july and ended up around 20 july then had unprotected sex with my bf on 24th july (did not ejaculated inside) though after the sex there was no discharge since then I counted days and took a pregnancy test after 14 days of sex and it is negative which was on 7th aug will take another on 14th aug though I am not feeling any symptoms of pregnancy my breasts are normal no abnormal abdomen pain no fatigue or nausea m rather energetic every day no abnormal discharge thus theres no white discharge. Discharge is really less n transparent n bit stretchy type like I use to get before my periods its like a symptom for my period but on 8th I noticed a small n tiny dot like spot but not pink or brown was like period and again on 10th it is so small that it can get ignored (i keep on fingering to check for any abnormalities I admit that the area also became bit dry. But no cramp no headache. I am a pcos. So I always get period symptoms like nipple pain or cramps before 4 days of period (do not know if this information can help) though I feel I am not pregnant and will get my periods as expected may be around 17 or 18 this month (at may I got periods o 24 at june on 18 and at july it was 17) but bit worried about that small n tiny dot like spot. Please help or give any suggestions it will be really kind of you.
Fasting not only aids religious beliefs, but also has many spiritual benefits. It is considered the best way to re-energize one's mind, body and soul. It is one of the best ways to detoxify one's digestive system and immune system. One's stomach and pancreas are always in a state of action and hence a few days' rest can actually retune both the systems. Fasting also provides one with the opportunity to reconnect with one's spiritual body. It is a journey of self-discovery. Activities like praying and meditating helps people to connect more with their spiritual self.
How can you detox your body?
Although fasting is one of the best ways to detox one's body, not everyone has the physical strength to perform it. Detoxing can also be performed by having detoxifying foods.
- Fruits help in washing out toxins from the body. Green foods like barley, wheatgrass, spinach, alfalfa helps to give a chlorophyll boost to the digestive system. Broccoli sprouts are very high in antioxidants and its ability to stimulate detoxifying enzymes in the digestive system is unparalleled. They are more effective than any fully grown vegetable.
- Green tea is full of antioxidants and washes away impurities and toxic substances. It also contains catechins, which increase the function of liver. Vegetables like onions, cabbage, carrots, cauliflowers, turmeric and garlic are best eaten juiced or raw which will help in purging away toxins from the liver thus aiding the cleansing process.
- Omega-3 oils like hemp, olive oil, avocado oil help in detoxing. They lubricate the intestinal walls and thus allow the toxins to be absorbed by the oil and wash them away.
- Fasting is often aided by meditation, which helps to establish a deeper connection with oneself through faith. While meditating, make sure that you are neat and clean. Clean the environment in which you are fasting. Try to spend a minimum to 10-15 minutes remembering the name of the Supreme and chant his name or mantra. Light a candle to burn your ego and feed animals, birds around you. One should speak in limited amounts during meditation. After you break your fast, you will experience a sense of gratitude towards the food you eat.
I had unprotected sex with my gf for first time but my penis was slipping from her vagina and even I had not ejaculated but I had given her unwanted 72 pill on second day. Her last period was on 2nd july and we had sex on 28th july and given the pill on 29th july morning. Now on 4th august she felt unconscious and she had some pain there and have some itching and after 3-4 hrs she started feeling pain in her legs. Is she pregnant or these are the effects of the pill. Please tell me. And clarify all things. How much chances of pregnancy. And when the period will come. As both of us are worried.
I had d and c process 4 days back, started bleeding on 3 rd day. It has started since then. Sometimes it cramps in lower stomach. Doc has suggested to take pause mf tablet for 3 days. My question is me n my hubby going for an outing on coming sunday, can we have physical relation that time? Or how many days we should wait.
Sir my gf period date is 04/03/2017 to 09/03/2017 .i had sex wth my gf on 16/03/2017 and 17/03/2017 .but I do not cum inside her so there is chance of pregnancy? I do not give any pills till now becoz she has type 2 diabetics please suggest me wat can I do?
Hi, we have started planning for pregnancy. What kind of food habits me and my husband should opt in order to stay healthy. Pls suggest.
Emergency contraception refers to method of contraception that can be used after sexual intercourse
Methods of emergency contraception are
- 1insertion of cu-t within 5 days of sexual contact
- 2 emergency contraceptive pills --tab levonorgesterol (i-pill, unwanted 72) to be taken within 72 hours but are more effective if taken within 24 hours
- Tab ulipristal acetate 30 mg
- 3.3-5 tablets of oral contraceptive pill.
Tab levonorgesterol 1.5 mg single dose is most commonly used emergency contraception. Here we will be discussing emergency contraceptive pill -levonorgesterol (ecp)
Ecp prevents pregnancy by delaying ovulation (egg release). It does not interrupt an existing pregnancy
Ecp should be used in following conditions -
- Unprotected intercourse
- Concerned about regular contraceptive failure. Like condom tears or slips. Missed pill for regular 3 days etc
- Incorrect use of contraceptive
- Sexual assault
Ecp prevents 95% of pregnancy if taken within 72hours of unprotected intercourse
There are no medical contraindication to use of ecp but it should not be used regularly, after the use of ecp a regular contraceptive method should be resumed. Like oral contraceptive pill or iucd or injectable contraceptives
Side effects of ecp use are-
- Nausea, vomiting, breast tenderness, abdominal cramps, headache, dizziness
- Regular intake of ecp may cause menstrual irregularities like---
- Inter menstrual spotting
- Delayed or early periods
- Heavy periods
If periods are delayed after intake of ecp urine pregnancy test should be done
Thus emergency contraceptive pill should not be considered an alternative to regular contraceptive method. Regular contraceptive method should be adopted and ecp should be used only in emergency.
After having intercourse if the female bleeds without any pain. What does this mean. And the date of her periods is on the other day. For e. G. She had blood on Sunday night and on monday I. E. The very next day she has her periods due.
An effective parent to child conversation can shape the child’s listening, speaking and understanding capabilities whereas an inefficient communication can lead to numerous issues in later years likes like–not listening to their parents, emotional and psychological distancing from parents, teenage problems etc. The way parents speak to their kids and to the people around them show the kids how they should talk back to their parents.
Psychologist Shivani Misri Sadhoo in her practice has found parents generally use three different ways to communicate with their kids. The first one is in an aggressive way. These parents frequently yell and convey punishments. Their children respond in many different ways, mainly they feel fearful, yell back and ignore their parents’ constant orders. The second form of parent and child communication commonly seen is a passive form. These parents mutter soft, cautious words and tones to their kids. Unfortunately these parents are so passive that sometimes when they are pushed to their limits, they suddenly turn their communication into an aggressive tone.
The third way parents can communicate with their kids is in an assertive way, which is the most effective way to communicate with kids at all levels. An assertive way of communicating is firm, consistent, clear, positive, warm and confident. Communicating with kids in an assertive way is a real skill yet it shows your kids that mum and dad know what they’re going on about and to listen.
Psychologist Shivani shares today some of the tips of how parents can talk assertively with their kids so they listen to them and build a healthy listening and understanding capabilities.
1. Try to use positive language– avoid saying “no” or “don’t” to your child, as much as possible. There is no doubt that if we say “Don’t drop your glass of milk” or “Don’t drop the flower vase, I will slap you” your child has that image and thought imbedded in their mind and more times than not, they will drop the glass!
Instead of telling bad circumstances and their bad consequences, try to use words that you want them to do, like “Hold onto milk glass carefully, your glass is very special”. This requires some thought and practice but it will help your child to become thoughtful and more aware about his surroundings
Also never use words that ridicule the child like “you make me feel so ashamed in front of the relatives”, or “you were a bad boy today”. Such language achieves very little rather they develop a feeling of worthless in the child. Positive and kind words help the children to develop confidence, happy feeling and behave better, encourages them to try hard and achieve success.
2. Raise your volume carefully and appropriately – remember when you use volume of your voice appropriately for the majority of the time, raising your voice in an urgent situation will not be ignored. The child will sit up and take notice of his/her mother or father because it doesn’t happen all of the time. How to use volume of your voice appropriately? Here is the check list:-
a. In situations when your child turns emotionally charged, yell at you, never compete with them. Wait till your child calms down and then talk to him/her clearly and express your points firmly with confidence.
b. Never yell from another room, like telling your child to switch off TV from kitchen. This gives the impression that you’re busy and not too serious. Rather walk into the room, join your child for a minute or two and waiting for the commercial break and then ask them to switch off the TV. This will model respectful behaviour in your child and your child will more likely to listen to you as they will know that you really mean to switch off the TV (without your yelling).
3. Express reasons – generally, children activities that parents perceive dangerous or wrong may be perceived as amazing or innovative by the child. Telling your child not to do this or that may subconsciously raise question in their mind that my mother always say ‘NO’ to things that I enjoy doing. Hence it is advisable to express the importance of following an instruction to the child. Like instead of telling your child, “don’t jump on the sofa” you can tell them, “people fall from sofa if they jump on it and if you fall on the floor you will hurt yourself”. Communicating with kids in an assertive way is a real skill yet it shows your kids that mum and dad know what they’re going on about and to listen