Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. SukumarYour feedback matters!
Today I have develop pain in the inner part of elbow Seems like golf elbow I hurts when I straight up my right hand Please suggest medicine.
I am having shoulder pain for over 2 years now, which has been attributed to fibromyalgia. There is occasional numbness in my left elbow. I initially took pregabalin daily, which gave me side effects that I want to avoid. I am now on Pregaba MSR 75 mg taken once in 4 days which seems to keep the numbness in elbow at bay. Someone say that taking pregabalin once in 3-4 days like that can lead to serious effects like fits. Is that true? Can I take Prehaba MSR 75 mg once in 3 or 4 days (primarily to help control numbness)
I have a problem in my wrist, 1 year ago I got a fracture in my wrist and it is recovered but now a couple of days it be comes painful.
hi I am 38 old , suffering with lumber spondylisit since 8 years. Kindly suggest me something for that
I am having head ache from many days and also having leg pain from yesterday. What should I do? Please help me.
I am 21 years old. I have severe back pain since last 3 months. I have tried all the ointments and home remedies but nothing happen. What.
Rheumatoid Arthritis is an autoimmune condition wherein the body’s immune system mistakenly attacks the linings of the joint. This condition affects both sides of the body including the eyes, hands and legs. Unlike the depreciating damage of osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis causes a distressful swelling that consequently leads to bone deformity and even erosion. As such, it is one of the more important characteristics of the condition which distinguishes it from other forms of arthritis. It often leads to debilitating disabilities.
Risk factors and complications
Factors such as obesity, smoking, age (affects mostly after the age of 40) and many environmental factors increase the risk of Rheumatoid arthritis. In severe cases, rheumatoid arthritis can lead to a plethora of other conditions such as:
Blood and imaging tests will first be carried out. Based on such diagnosis, you may be advised medications such as steroids or Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS). Now in case of severe pain, one would have to take to surgery. Varying surgeries work on different joints of the body and some of these include:
- Arthroplasty: This procedure replaces all or a part of the joint for instance, the knee or the hip.
- Arthroscopy: A procedure which helps pull out inflamed tissue or debris from the required joint with the help of light, small instruments.
- Cervical spinal fusion: Pressure on the median nerve is eased with this procedure.
- Hands and foot surgeries: These procedures help correct dysfunctional joints of the hands, fingers, legs and toes.
- Synovectomy: Synovectomy helps remove more intricate tissues which are inflamed or otherwise.
What to consider before you opt for one?
Although these various surgeries often restore almost-normal movements in the patient, they can only do so in two or possibly three joints. And of course, it goes without saying that you should consult with an orthopaedic surgeon) experienced in arthritis and joint surgeries before opting for such.
Having a intense back pain from about a month. Not able to sleep at night. Whats the solution doctor. I have started regular exercise but still no relief.
I am 17 year male. I am suffering from low back pain from back two weeks. I used some ointments and regular exercises but there is now effect. What may be the possible cause?
I am 51 I have supraspinatus tendonitis. Two weeks of medication didn't reduce my pain much and also a week of physiotheraphy. What to do?
I Suffer with regular back pain and muzilis pains what ever food I had it is digested with in one hour.
I am doing internship these days and whole day, I have to sit in front of computer on chair, and feel neck pain and pain in collar bone, and as someone rubs my back it turn red and I think it's blood clotting, what should I do?
My name sanjay sharma. I am 29 years old male have a backache problem in last 8 years I have use pain relief ailment and cream but Sir no relief. Pls help me.
Hello doctor I am feeling full right arm numbness and pain (mild) from last one month. Both Numbness and pain are not continue kindly suggest what to do.
What does neck and shoulder pain indicate?
The stabbing pain that you experience around the neck and shoulder region should never be ignored as they may indicate health problems that require medical attention. There are certain points that you need to keep in mind the if you experience prolonged pain in these areas of the body.
1. Neck injury? your neck and shoulder pain should be seen as a warning sign that you need to take a look at the neck injury you may have sustained during a rear-end automobile accident. More specifically, whiplash injuries that happen when the head experiences a sudden backward and forward jerk, straining the tissues of the neck.
2. Pain in these areas of the body could indicate abnormalities in the vertebrae of your neck such as herniated disc, causing added pressure on the nerves of the spinal cord.
3. Your neck and shoulder pain complaint may also point towards muscle strains. Lifestyle factors like working long hours in front of laptops or desktops leave you with no time and zero energy to exercise, resulting in serious neck and shoulder pains.
4. Your neck and shoulder pain may also indicate the problem of cervical spondylosis. This is a degenerative disc disease, which is characterised by severe pain that originates from the neck and radiates till the shoulders.
5. Even heart problems, such as a heart attack can cause pain in the shoulder and the neck. When this happens, the condition is known as referred pain.
6. Adopting an improper body posture during lifting of heavy materials can induce pain in your body parts, with neck and shoulders being the most vulnerable areas.
7. You may be suffering from a condition known as rotator cuff injury in which the group of ligaments and muscles that support the shoulder get injured during lifting or playing any sport.
To avoid aggravating the pain from becoming more severe, you shouldn't ignore any ache that arises from these areas. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.