Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sukesh
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. SukeshYour feedback matters!
He is suffering with severe back pain he can't even able move it started from morning 10 a.m and till now there is no improvement he is just lying on a bed. Please suggest what to do for the treatment because he is village now where we can not go to doctor immediately.
I am 25 year old male and I have backache for last 2 month. I have used pain relief ointment cream for couple of days haven't got any relief. What should I do?
I am 25 years old I have back pain problem form three days I have do my job but I can sit on chair and I can not work so please give me solution.
My mother is 52 yrs old and her lower part of legs i. E. Foot always pains a lot and also all nerves r vry much visible during thst time. What can she do to cure it ?
Age is 34 yrs right now so doctor my ques is that i am suffering from a chronic disease ancylosing spondilitist is it possible to cure this disease? if yes then is it possible and is there any medicine works on this and finish it permanently?
Lower back ache tingling in some fingers and toes, sharp pains in legs and feet at various different places, not in the same place. Shoulder pain.
Arthritis is inflammation of one or more of your joints. Pain, swelling, and stiffness are the primary symptoms of arthritis. Any joint in the body may be affected by the disease, but it is particularly common in the knee.
Knee arthritis can make it hard to do many everyday activities, such as walking or climbing stairs. It is a major cause of lost work time and a serious disability for many people. There are 2 types of arthritis the knee joint in the human body can get afflicted with. They are:
Osteoarthritis: The form of arthritis which, with increasing pain, slowly wears down the joint cartilages is called osteoarthritis. This form of arthritis usually affects people after the age 40. The symptoms of osteoarthritis include:
- severe pain in the knee joints
- pain after walking up the stairs and it subsiding once you are on rest
- severe pain after the movement of joints for a long time
- pain that becomes worse in rainy days
- joints becoming stiff after waking up in the morning but they improve in the latter part of the day
- pain which also occurs in the thighs and the genital regions coupled with joints swelling and joints getting stiff after rest.
Rheumatoid Arthritis: Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic form of arthritis caused because of the knee joint inflammations. This form of arthritis can occur at any age. Being an auto-immune disease, its symptoms include, but are not limited to:
- severe pain in the morning
- mild fever accompanying the pain
- joints suddenly becoming swollen, red and warm causing, immense pain
- sudden stiffness of the joints
- pain that increases in cold weather
- mild fever, extreme tiredness and weakening of the muscles
Doctors are still doubtful about what exactly causes the disease; but the deformation of the immune system might cause the damage of the joints, causing people who are already suffering from obesity, smokers, and women, in general, more prone to this disease.
When the knee pain is diagnosed as a form of arthritis, the following treatments are suggested:
- If you are overweight or obese, losing some of those extra pounds can go a long way in reducing the pain.
- Muscle-stretching exercises are effective in keeping the knee joints flexible.
- Acupuncture and devices such as knee braces and knee caps can relieve the pain.
- Prescribed dosage of anti-inflammatory drugs such as Tylenol, Motrin, and Advil or injections of hyaluronic acid might relieve your pain.
- If regular treatments do not work, you might opt for knee-replacement surgery and osteotomy (the process of cutting a bone with the help of surgery) which might better the alignment of the knee by transforming the bone shapes.
Physiotherapy For Knee Arthritis-
Physiotherapy treatment is aimed at improving the symptoms of the disease (i.e. knee pain, swelling, stiffness), and you should begin to notice a positive difference within one or a few physiotherapy sessions.
The main goals of physiotherapy for your knee arthritis are:
- Reduce your knee pain and inflammation.
- Normalise your knee joint range of motion.
- Strengthen your knee: esp quadriceps (esp VMO) and hamstrings.
- Strengthen your lower limb: calves, hip and pelvis muscles.
- Improve your patellofemoral (knee cap) alignment and function.
- Normalise your muscle lengths.
- Improve your proprioception, agility and balance.
- Improve your technique and function eg walking, squatting.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!