Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sukeerti BhatYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor! I'm having a stomach pain from last night, don't know what to do please suggest some medicine. Thanks.
I am 20 year old. My hair is very light and ruff, not even strong, and brown please tell me best way to how can do strong my hair and black and how to add volume.
Hi. I am a boy age 18 years. I wanted to gain weight naturally for my body building as I am very fond of body building things. Can you please provide me a natural diet including proper workout if possible. Give me a complete natural diet and tell me how long to take it and also I wanted to become tall so if any ideas to do so please tl me. Thank you.
Sir/madam, my father is suffering molar (upper jaw n lower jaw teeth) pain while eating anything (other than rice. Even slight hard food chewing he is getting severe ache. He has no problem with front teeth. please suggest any paste or jel to cure this pain.
I'm married 5 months ago. But upto now no pregnancy. And my menses are not coming as per dates .they are late. My husbands and mine blood group are same o+ve. How can I overcome this problem please say me.
I have back pain sometimes lower side and sometimes upper back and most of the time the pain is there in my right hip and travels to my leg.
I am suffering from stomach pain andi have to use a right medicines for good health so please suggest me good medicines.
Hello doctor, I am 625cm long but my weight was not gaining with my height what should I do to gain my weight and stop height gaining.
Sir, I am suffering from back pain for last one year I had consultations with doctors but nothing is working?
Hlo Dr. I have red patches on both sides of eyes n it's very itching please tell me hw cn I reduce these patches these patches appear after use mela care cream.
Hi, I'm 26 year old male. I'm facing a terrible problem with decision making since I'm only doing what I think it's good for everybody and leaving my personal interests at bay. Like I'm tangled between two parties. Can't keep the both happy. And I dint like awkwardness around me and I do budge myself to eradicate that. Which eventually in the process in not doing the right thing which is priorities the needs and face the consequences of the choice. Need some overdue approach to handle these.
Tell me. What should I do to increase my body weight. Because my body weight is very low So please suggest me.
Is there any natural method to remove and gradually/permanently decrease hair growth on legs for Men (Age -18 to 20 years)?
Anorexia nervosa is a type of eating disorder, which falls under the category of psychological disorders. The patient becomes extremely thin and has an unreal perception of body weight. This unreal perception involves a fear of becoming fat. The primary symptoms are fasting, an aversion for food, obsessive thought about weight loss etc.
Here are the usual treatments for anorexia nervosa according to the progression of the disease.
- Medications: The first thing your doctors will do is prescribe medications to make sure that the patient has come back to a health condition, which is stable. This is because anorexia causes heart problems, depression and osteoporosis among other physical complications. The doctor will be giving separate medications for all of them. Once you start feeling better, the doctor will stop giving you medications. Sometimes medication also has to be given for malnutrition or starvation if the disease has set in far too deep.
- Counselling: The primary type of counselling, which will take place is nutritional counselling. Dietitians can help you with this, as they teach healthy eating patterns and know how to make you follow it therefore, this is a crucial part of the recovery process which should not be neglected.
- Therapy: Firstly, therapy and counselling are different treatment procedures. The main difference between the two is the focus of the treatment. Therapy is done by psychologists who help deal with what causes your hate of eating and try to eliminate these mental issues while counselling is done by counsellors who are there to help sort out your eating disorders.
- Nutritional rehabilitation: This is a more serious form of counselling. The counsellors generally try unconventional methods at this stage to make sure that you are eating properly and will eat properly in the future. This is because by this stage the progression of the disease is more serious and weight has to be gained immediately.
- Starvation treatment: By this stage, nutrition has to be given in the form of fluids and you will be having severe health problems all of which need medication.
Healthy skin is one that stays taut and firm. Anetoderma is a rare benign condition where the dermis loses elastic tissue. This results in the formation of a depression in the skin or flaccid skin. This condition is also known as macular atrophy, anetoderma maculosa, and atrophia maculosa cutis. Anetoderma is not contagious.
Women are at a higher risk of suffering from this condition than men. It usually affects people in their late teens and early twenties. Premature babies born with a very low birth weight are also susceptible to this condition. In rare cases, it can run in the family and affect identical twins.
Depending on how it is triggered, there are two types of Anetoderma; primary and secondary. Both forms of this condition may be associated with systemic diseases that include infections like leprosy, HIV and lyme disease, inflammatory or autoimmune conditions and medications like penicillamine.
This is marked by the spontaneous eruptions of lesions on the skin without any other symptoms. The cause for primary anetoderma has not yet been determined. The suggested causes include antiphospholipid antibodies, immunological abnormalities and reduced production of elastin. It has also been associated with cataract, bone calcifications, myocardial infarction and blegvad-haxthausen syndrome
In this case, atrophic lesions are preceded by inflammatory or autoimmune processes. This usually occurs at the site of skin conditions such as chicken pox, syphilis, tumours, acne, infantile haemangioma etc.
Both types of anetoderma can occur simultaneously. The main symptoms of primary and secondary anetoderma are:
Small, round or oval lesions on the upper arms, upper body and thighs. These lesions rarely occur on the neck, face, palms and soles. They may be isolated to grouped together to give a patchy appearance.
1. Atrophic papules
2. Loss of elastic tissue in the skin
3. Fine, diffused wrinkling
Till date, there is no known cure for this disease. If the number of lesions is limited the doctor may look at surgical excision as an option. Different forms of medication have been experimented with, but have not given consistent results. Some of the types of medication prescribed include aspirin, penicillin, vitamin E, niacin, topical epsilon-aminocaproic acid and oral colchicines.
Some cases have also shown improvement on being treated with carbon dioxide fractional lasers and pulsed dye lasers. In cases of secondary anetoderma, successfully identifying and curing the underlying condition can clear up the lesions as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.